First Prev
of 3
Next Last
4 real

Ardsley, NY

#1 Jul 23, 2012
We really need a new mayor...one that has drive , a want to improve, and one that wants to do right and has concern and respect for the citizens. We have a woman that is willing to write grants to get us funding for our town to improve, paving, new town vehicles, remodel our water plant, and get a generator for the plant as well, and so on and so forth, but he will not take advantage of this, he don't want to work for it, he is comfortable....our mayor is lazy, our town workers are lazy, and our cops like to sit on 60 or having girlfriends visiting them at the station. Do you know how long citizens have cut the park, the grass near the rail road tracks, and the grass as you are entering town?? And not to mention the fact that our river park could be cleaned up and used as a nice area for picnics and fishing and family. Our town could also have a summer program or a yearly festival where we rent carnival rides, cook food, and do things for the kids... No one does anything and it because our leader has no ambition... It's time
For change and to make OUR town a place to be proud of!
yep

Hansford, WV

#2 Jul 23, 2012
i'm a little older but i do remember the river park being a nice place with a shelter, grills and no weeds or trees so one could fish and even dock boats.but then the pot heads took over and that was that.with the way things are today, im sure the pill heads would do the same. just sayin.
just me

Canton, OH

#3 Jul 23, 2012
Where was river park?
yep

Culloden, WV

#4 Jul 23, 2012
at the river behind cedar grove school accross the creek from the boat dock in glasgow
In Town

Ridgeview, WV

#5 Jul 24, 2012
WTF is this posted in the Belle forum? Very mis-leading, post in the correct forum.
1 post removed
just me

Canton, OH

#7 Jul 24, 2012
In Town wrote:
WTF is this posted in the Belle forum? Very mis-leading, post in the correct forum.
shot happens
Just Sayin

Hansford, WV

#8 Jul 24, 2012
Is this person with all the grant Knowledge not able to go ahead and do it, without being Mayor? Or is having the title the deal breaker? From what I understand the Mayor will welcome any help.
james papa

Charleston, WV

#9 Jul 24, 2012
these guys that work for the town are not lazy and i have known them for years you go out and work the trash truck and see how you like smell that trash truck on a hot day and see what its like or stand in sewer all day working on the lines give them a break and walk a mile in theyre shoes after all its not the highest paying job in the world think about it
statingtheobviou s

Charleston, WV

#10 Jul 25, 2012
hmm, this woman always boasts about writing grants, yet, can't find time without being mayor to write one for the town. Talk is cheap!

Let's not forget her stance on mobile homes, that account for the largest new home purchases in Kanawha county.

The workers are the same workers when this lady was on council, but they weren't called lazy then.

The River Park was also voted down by said grant writer when she was on council.

The former council also, voted unanimously to not separate the general fund that covers all town expenses into separate accountable funds for each service or department within the town.

My vote will continue to be for those who have never held a council seat.
just sayin

Hansford, WV

#11 Jul 27, 2012
4 real wrote:
We really need a new mayor...one that has drive , a want to improve, and one that wants to do right and has concern and respect for the citizens. We have a woman that is willing to write grants to get us funding for our town to improve, paving, new town vehicles, remodel our water plant, and get a generator for the plant as well, and so on and so forth, but he will not take advantage of this, he don't want to work for it, he is comfortable....our mayor is lazy, our town workers are lazy, and our cops like to sit on 60 or having girlfriends visiting them at the station. Do you know how long citizens have cut the park, the grass near the rail road tracks, and the grass as you are entering town?? And not to mention the fact that our river park could be cleaned up and used as a nice area for picnics and fishing and family. Our town could also have a summer program or a yearly festival where we rent carnival rides, cook food, and do things for the kids... No one does anything and it because our leader has no ambition... It's time
For change and to make OUR town a place to be proud of!
For someone who had so much to say to begin with, You sure got quiet quick when people questioned your comment. Still waiting on an answer to my previous question. Cat got your tongue?
4 real

Ardsley, NY

#12 Jul 27, 2012
Proofs in the puddin folks... Look at the town and look at its direction... All I see is negative....u tell me something good.... Oh yea we got a shitty patch job on the streets...that's great... U need someone who cares...someone to work for the town and it's ppl... How many times have you seen our mayor out in town doing things ?? Even if we don't have a grant writer... If he cared he would try or find someone to do it for him...like I said proof is in the puddin... Say what y'all need to make u feel however.... Proof ppl... Proof
7777777777abc

Morgantown, WV

#13 Jul 28, 2012
4 real wrote:
Proofs in the puddin folks... Look at the town and look at its direction... All I see is negative....u tell me something good.... Oh yea we got a shitty patch job on the streets...that's great... U need someone who cares...someone to work for the town and it's ppl... How many times have you seen our mayor out in town doing things ?? Even if we don't have a grant writer... If he cared he would try or find someone to do it for him...like I said proof is in the puddin... Say what y'all need to make u feel however.... Proof ppl... Proof
well your grant writter, when she was council she would start something and not finish it, and that is what she would do if she became mayor.
Just sayin

Hansford, WV

#14 Jul 31, 2012
4 real wrote:
Proofs in the puddin folks... Look at the town and look at its direction... All I see is negative....u tell me something good.... Oh yea we got a shitty patch job on the streets...that's great... U need someone who cares...someone to work for the town and it's ppl... How many times have you seen our mayor out in town doing things ?? Even if we don't have a grant writer... If he cared he would try or find someone to do it for him...like I said proof is in the puddin... Say what y'all need to make u feel however.... Proof ppl... Proof


What have you personally done out in town to improve things? getting on topix and complaining doesn't count. Why don't you put your efforts into learning to become the grant writer you claim this town desperately needs.
Just sayin

Hansford, WV

#15 Jul 31, 2012
just wondering, Did you approach the mayor or council before getting on here and dissing the town with your many complaints? If you hate this place so much why are you still here? Why would anyone take you seriously when you call people names and trash talk your town. That is not the way to progress. Just Sayin. Proof... you got it Proof.
smoker

Hansford, WV

#16 Aug 1, 2012
ding dong
Redeagle

Charleston, WV

#17 Aug 2, 2012
4 real wrote:
We really need a new mayor...one that has drive , a want to improve, and one that wants to do right and has concern and respect for the citizens. We have a woman that is willing to write grants to get us funding for our town to improve, paving, new town vehicles, remodel our water plant, and get a generator for the plant as well, and so on and so forth, but he will not take advantage of this, he don't want to work for it, he is comfortable....our mayor is lazy, our town workers are lazy, and our cops like to sit on 60 or having girlfriends visiting them at the station. Do you know how long citizens have cut the park, the grass near the rail road tracks, and the grass as you are entering town?? And not to mention the fact that our river park could be cleaned up and used as a nice area for picnics and fishing and family. Our town could also have a summer program or a yearly festival where we rent carnival rides, cook food, and do things for the kids... No one does anything and it because our leader has no ambition... It's time
For change and to make OUR town a place to be proud of!
I know for a fact that Kenny Barton does not read your water meter cause I stood up and called him a lair to his face in one meeting [yes Kenny you know who I am, you still don't read anybody eles meters,you just st and on top of the lid and guess,you almost got my ending coming before my beginning when that happens I will call the P c s] everybody read your own meter once in awhile and match the numbers,see if you don't push dirt out of the finger hole,that's another to see if it's been read/and why does John cut the church's grass on our pay/plus the other things he does? The only ones I see work are the real city workers,now with all that said run for Mayor yourself and do the things you want lazy as Jimbo do. He never should have been voted in anyway with him having another job taking time away from the city's ptoblems. He goes to work at AEP then comes home and thats it,
Whoevencares

Charleston, WV

#18 Aug 2, 2012
Everybody knows shes NO grant writer...shes no secretary and shes def not the christian lady she proclaims to be....all she does is cause trouble everywhere she goes, after she stirs the pot a little she bails out and leaves the mess she started behind for everyone else to clean up.......my thoughts are if she doesn like the way the city is ran, maybe she should pack her things up, move off of keenan hill and move to another town and start fresh with all her bs because shes obviously not gonna do anything for this town exept bitch about it on topix
Lady

Vinton, VA

#19 Aug 2, 2012
If she wants to write grants, write them. All she'd need is a small amount of info from the city recorder and a signature. The mayor wouldn't actually have to do anything. I've wrote grants on behalf of several entities and helped them obtain millions of dollars. Its not rocket science. Of the city won't take the money, have another organization like the County commission our an area non profit accept the grant. All you need is a fiscal agent. Unless she's wanting paid to write the grants...then yeah, the city would have to get on board to cut her a check.
Spooky3

Springfield, NJ

#20 Aug 4, 2012
The individual referenced in this forum is not a qualified grant writer. She is a very mendacious, manipulative, and controlling Troll. She seems to have a need to control everyone and everything she comes in to contact with. Ask the good folks at the church she attended until recently, ask the current and former council members she served with. Hell, ask her family.
She is a self promoter while she nefariously seeks to destroy the reputations of others. She will charge people with crimes and criticize the good work of others while she hides behind the facade of her non-existent Christian faith.
She will demand and conjol others to give from their wallets until it hurts. All the while she gives nothing personally to the cause except for her venomous spewing.
In the end, she has no honor and thus, she should be shunned and ignored. Indeed, she brings nothing to the table except for tons of conflict, caustic and capricious bs, and a disruptive egomaniacal personality.
NOT BRADSHAW

Vinton, VA

#21 Aug 5, 2012
Can anyone read this is the chesapeake forum not belle or Glasgow and yes this Damn town needs a new mayor Steve Fields needs to be it u got my vote!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane hall still stealing? 1 hr slik 4
jj 2 hr Old school 1
Bobbie jo. Jason. Jaycee. Your sisters. Your fa... 3 hr They all are dumb 5
Heather Strickland ???? 21 hr XOUTTHEIVES 19
Kids in Chelyan 23 hr native 7
Marmet police Fri ??? 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Matt Kelly 4,299

Cedar Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedar Grove Mortgages