Parents want to overturn Waterloo's n...

Parents want to overturn Waterloo's new dress code for students

There are 3 comments on the WHOtv story from Sep 2, 2010, titled Parents want to overturn Waterloo's new dress code for students. In it, WHOtv reports that:

An administrative law judge is expected to rule by early October if a new dress code by Waterloo Community Schools violates state law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

what a guy

AOL

#1 Sep 2, 2010
they want a police state ---- bush started it --- usa will be second class in 5 years --- we will loose to china and others because we are not free any more
tammy rutledge

Davenport, IA

#2 Sep 15, 2010
this dress code takes away from freedom its comunistic and should be abolished. already this year my daughter was made to sit in the hall way 3 times when she should of been getting an education in the class room, in which i had to come get her every time i was out raged, for 1 shes a tall girl in perfect shape and we couldnt find dress coded pants to fit her so she wore khakis they told her she would be serving a detention for it we her parents stepped in on that. what is wrong with wearing pants that are accepted at the job she works at is that not the whole reason we go to school to work twords getting a job. it doesnt make sense to me my daughter loved school shes a senior this is her last year to put up with this any way but still to hear her say she hates school this year and doesnt even want to go is not like her. i also have a little boy in 3rd grade we still cant find pants to fit him he is bigger and has a thyroid problem. on the first day of school they made him feel self conchious by putting him in a shirt that was 2 sizes to small and made him tuck it in. i for 1 want my children to feel good about learning i want them comfortable. it makes me sad to think what the world is comeing to. why do we have a statue of liberty? i just thought i needed to say something in defense to all parents out there. their takeing away our childrens freedom of expression, and just recently i foud out their takeing away a long list of books from the schools to like the diary of ann frank, and harry potter. there are many more. since when do we ban books. whats next? that scares me. i dont want to get off base i could go on and on.

Since: Aug 08

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Sep 25, 2010
tammy rutledge wrote:
this dress code takes away from freedom its comunistic and should be abolished. already this year my daughter was made to sit in the hall way 3 times when she should of been getting an education in the class room, in which i had to come get her every time i was out raged, for 1 shes a tall girl in perfect shape and we couldnt find dress coded pants to fit her so she wore khakis they told her she would be serving a detention for it we her parents stepped in on that. what is wrong with wearing pants that are accepted at the job she works at is that not the whole reason we go to school to work twords getting a job. it doesnt make sense to me my daughter loved school shes a senior this is her last year to put up with this any way but still to hear her say she hates school this year and doesnt even want to go is not like her. i also have a little boy in 3rd grade we still cant find pants to fit him he is bigger and has a thyroid problem. on the first day of school they made him feel self conchious by putting him in a shirt that was 2 sizes to small and made him tuck it in. i for 1 want my children to feel good about learning i want them comfortable. it makes me sad to think what the world is comeing to. why do we have a statue of liberty? i just thought i needed to say something in defense to all parents out there. their takeing away our childrens freedom of expression, and just recently i foud out their takeing away a long list of books from the schools to like the diary of ann frank, and harry potter. there are many more. since when do we ban books. whats next? that scares me. i dont want to get off base i could go on and on.
First off, did the Citizens of Waterloo get to vote a memorandum on this, or was it just summarily "passed" by the School Board without a meeting? If it's the latter, then it's time to vote out the member that "ayed" it when their term is up.

Second, I'm sorry to hear with what's happening with your children, you as a parent shouldn't have to put up with the administrator's tyrannical actions and behaviors, see if you can find an Attorney that will fight for you on civil rights violations.

Third, you say your son has thyroid problems, here's a place to check out.

http://tnkhealth.net/

Fourth, we are living in a police state, been slowly building since shortly before the Civil War when the Federal Gov't, under Buchanan (He was before Lincoln), started violating the 10th Amendment concerning States Rights, which is why States in the South seceded. Lincoln only made it worse when he attempted to suspend Habeus Corpus. However, this police state has been showing itself openly only since the mid 1960s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Witness says he saw missing Iowa girls after th... (Jul '12) Jul '16 Ashley 484
Looking for the tall frisbee golfer Jul '16 Ashley t 1
News Cedar Falls Asks for Input on Riverfront Project Jul '16 Tsg_silent 3
News Promises Kept, Teens Headed To College With Sch... Jun '16 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News Uber expresses interest in Waterloo Apr '16 mammoth 1
Tim Daman dead at 43 (Aug '13) Mar '16 mohit patel 51
Mary Kay Mar '16 marykaygirl 1

Cedar Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedar Falls Mortgages