Water rights adjudication solution un...

Water rights adjudication solution unclear

There are 2 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Water rights adjudication solution unclear. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Water experts and some lawmakers on Tuesday acknowledged a conflict between state water law and a decades-old provision in the Constitution, but seemed to leave up in the air how best to address it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Candice

United States

#1 Aug 6, 2008
Now are you starting to see the results of the over-development in NM? That's what this is all about! They're trying to reduce water for all, including take away water rights, to accomodate pending developments! What are you going to do when the water that has been allocated is no longer enough? This is the DESERT, we should stop any further development and guard what precious water we have now. Over 80% is used for agriculture, are we going to lessen their water, too? If so, what's going to happen to our local ag industry? Yes, it's important to conserve, but you're asking us to turn our lives upside down, because of new development that can't be supported with the water we have! If development would have been under control from the beginning we wouldn't be in this mess! But, it's not too late, STOP ANY FURTHER DEVELOPMENT!
Christopher

United States

#2 Aug 9, 2008
Candice, you hit the nail on the head.

No development should be permitted anywhere that doesn't have the water rights and infrastructure to support it. People need to get smart about water law and their property rights.

Politicians and real estate developers are joined at the hip throught campaign financing.(If you don't believe this, tell me why Jason Daskalos is still not in jail.) The aristocracy always want the people to abide by the law so they won't have to. Unless a politician is certain he will not get re-elected by siding with development, he won't even listen to your concerns.

Conservation is actually the efficient use of resources--not the non-use. If they're so hot to reduce the use of water in my area, they can move. I hear New Jersey is pretty moist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Crest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr Katia 65,038
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr new parrot 116,016
Troll Trouble & How To Deal With Internet Trolls? 8 hr LuzAranda 4
the fbi and another flub up 13 hr wowed 2
News New Mexico bill seeks to expand high school Chi... Fri LuzAranda 5
News CYFD to close former Boys School area (Aug '09) Feb 14 Rich Cabeza 15
News Bear makes rare appearance on ABQ's west side (Jul '13) Jul '13 MR CLEAN 1

Cedar Crest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance