Local news in brief May 11, 2009

Local news in brief May 11, 2009

There are 14 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from May 10, 2009, titled Local news in brief May 11, 2009. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

Police say death likely a homicide A man found dead in a south-side apartment late Saturday had been shot and the death is being investigated as a homicide, a sheriff's spokesman said Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Bert Kortegaard

United States

#1 May 11, 2009
Obama's comments should be relegated to the comics section.

Since: Dec 08

Santa Fe, NM

#3 May 11, 2009
When the government should be trying to cut back expenses like the rest of us, he's flying all over the country in a 747 with fighter jet protection.

I saw where it cost over $300K for that little jaunt from DC to NYC to take photos. Think about how many millions it is from DC to NM.
The job

Santa Fe, NM

#5 May 11, 2009
Petchy in Santa Fe wrote:
When the government should be trying to cut back expenses like the rest of us, he's flying all over the country in a 747 with fighter jet protection.
I saw where it cost over $300K for that little jaunt from DC to NYC to take photos. Think about how many millions it is from DC to NM.
requires that he get out and listen to people and sell his programs. Don't be small-minded.
As if

Santa Fe, NM

#6 May 11, 2009
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
THE most witty comeback ever. One more doozy from Mr. "One Lining" heckler.
the original post was so profound?
Sigh

Algodones, NM

#7 May 11, 2009
As if wrote:
<quoted text>
the original post was so profound?
What is this, a contest to see whose post is the most "profound". Grow up already.
teacjer

Santa Fe, NM

#8 May 11, 2009
Obama was mot on Air Force One, nor were any of his family members. The person responsible for the very poor decision has resigned. Please read the story.

“Orwell said this would happen.”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#9 May 11, 2009
"'Americans know that they have a responsibility to live within their means and pay what they owe,' Obama said Saturday."

Unless you're a politician just spending taxpayer money, of course.
chatterbox87501

Los Alamos, NM

#10 May 11, 2009
I think that having the train run from Las Vegas to Las Cruces would be nice.

I don't know how much value that train would have in regard to commuting, but it would be a nice scenic ride and a nice was for students from NMSU, NMT and NMHU to get home on weekends and holidays.

Mr. President, if you are reading this forum, please consider forcing the banks that took our hard earned stimulus money to cap credit card interest rates at 15%
Cynic

Santa Fe, NM

#11 May 11, 2009
Oh boy, Rio Rancho!

Maybe one of their 'A' students will ask him why bible study isn't allowed in public schools (even though they sponsor it anyway in Rio Rancho).

Santa Fe, NM

#12 May 11, 2009
I disagree. When times are hard the job should require that he set the example of saving money. A teleconference "town hall" would do just fine.

We can disagree without the personal attacks.
The job wrote:
<quoted text>
requires that he get out and listen to people and sell his programs. Don't be small-minded.

Santa Fe, NM

#13 May 11, 2009
I didn't say anything about who was on the plane. I used that example to extrapolate the approximate cost of a much longer trip. And I didn't even factor in that it's an overnight trip with a public appearance. Advance trip(s) to set up security, etc., will have also been required.

My only point is that my opinion is that it's a waste of money. Others obviously disagree.
teacjer wrote:
Obama was mot on Air Force One, nor were any of his family members. The person responsible for the very poor decision has resigned. Please read the story.
SF Kid

Houston, TX

#14 May 11, 2009
I'm confused here... why is it that Obama and Congress aren't FOCUSING STRONGLY on what will be required to put the economy back on track. I don't want to say the goings-on in the Somalia, Canada, Pakistan, the middle east, the Iraq war and NM politics aren't hugely important... only that, until this economy is given the priority it deserves to get us back on track (maybe even 99% of the focus and priority until we can see some positive traction) that traveling to places like Rio Rancho for PR purposes is kinda missing the point of where most of America's pain lies.
eegreejus

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#15 May 11, 2009
Bert Kortegaard wrote:
Obama's comments should be relegated to the comics section.
You lost. Get over it...Les
eegreejus

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#16 May 11, 2009
And yours wrote:
<quoted text>
to the toilet.
So did you. Get over it too...Les

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Crest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ill and Diseased Hillary Clinton 1 hr Just 57
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 3 hr new parrot 113,360
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 3 hr Alfred 62,404
"What Is Aleppo?" Gary Johnson: A person suffe... 4 hr fmer505-1951 19
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 5 hr Marc 6,935
News New microbreweries joining the Albuquerque scene 15 hr Johanne 13
News LULAC: Albuquerque school mistreating bilingual... 17 hr Esther 12

Cedar Crest Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance