Strong Tower Christian Center New Pastor and Music Minister

Posted in the Cedar Bluff Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Just wondering

Bandy, VA

#1 Jan 21, 2011
Just wondering if anyone knows who will be strong tower's new pastor and who's in the running for the new Music Director there.I went to strong tower for about a year and after Barry left I just stopped going to a church because all kinds of things were flying around so I stepped out of the drama.I wanted to go to City on a Hill but it's so darned far away for me to drive from Raven so I'm kinda interested in who they are gonna put permanently at Strong Tower and for the Music since Charlie is gone.
Any information is helpful because I don't want to stay out of church forever but until they get full time pastor who puts an end to the nastiness of rumors I won't go.Please help!
Loving City on a Hill

United States

#2 Jan 21, 2011
Pastor Barry is having a new church built in Cliffield that we hope will be ready by Easter. There are several people coming from Richlands to the services on Main St I understand it is a long drive maybe you could carpool with some of the others that are coming from Richlands. If my car wasnt already full I would totally pick you up :)
Ann

Weyers Cave, VA

#3 Jan 21, 2011
Don't know about the pastor but music directer is Mellisa Bandy who left Baptist Valley Assembly of God under very shady circumstances couple of weeks ago. lol
Theres A Thief

Saltville, VA

#4 Jan 21, 2011
Who took the piano from Strong Tower? From what I understand the people got to church this past Sunday and the piano was G-O-N E. Hmmmmm.......
Really

Fork Union, VA

#5 Jan 21, 2011
I didn't know that Melissa Bandy had left Baptist Valley Assembly. Thought she had a contract with the church.
Good riddance

Bandy, VA

#6 Jan 21, 2011
If the statement about ms. Bandy leaving Bvag is true then I am utterly shocked but pleasantly thrilled for BVAG! who is doing music there now? That church has been run by The Bandy's for too long. Maybe this church can grow now. However, I feel utterly sorry for strong tower because she was like a disease that couldn't be kicked at bvag and now she will be the same at stcc.Last I heard Seth white was pastor at bvag?I left years ago when pastor holland left. But kudos to Seth for doing what 5 preachers and several elders have been trying to do for YEARS! Maybe I will head back for a visit to good old baptist valley assembly.now that the big headed bandy's are gone it won't be a country club. btw how did Seth get mellissa out of her contract? She must have did something to leave.many have tried to take that church to new places and new faces came and old left but hats off to mr. White and all his pull with the town. He has more power obviously than people thinks to get the job done. I hope he has some decent music now instead of the bandy show. Way to go bvag. I look forward to returning!
Not nice

Bandy, VA

#7 Jan 21, 2011
I feel sorry for mellisa. Because I heard it was awful the way she was let go! Here today but gone tomorrow! Sabbatgged by the few ass kissers who claimed to be good friends and fellow members!
Who I feel most sorry for is bvag, without Melissa the music won't be anything and EVERByONE knows this.that girl was anointed and a strong smart move to strong tower if she's the new music director!
okie dokie

Tazewell, VA

#8 Jan 21, 2011
i do have a complaint!! Plz leave a parking spot for the post office on church nites so i can check my mail when i get off work!! I had to walk way to far like almost from the gas station the other evening!! Just one for in and out would be nice thanks
Ann

Weyers Cave, VA

#9 Jan 21, 2011
Let me be the first to say that bvag music and praise team will be just fine without Miss Bandy. There are several anointed singers there and maybe now we can hear them overtop of her loud piano and squawking voice---just my opinion lol
curious

Richlands, VA

#10 Jan 22, 2011
what rumors were floating around to cause you to leave church? and as far as the piano,if barry came in and took it why does he still have a key and why would he steasl a piano that belongs to the church? was it his piano? if not i think it should be investigated ,thats grand larceny. And my goodness,when did singers in gods church start having contracts?? i guess im from the "old church" but i think thats politics not church
wow

Bristol, VA

#11 Jan 22, 2011
are any of you people even a christian.stop talking about other people,thats gossip im pretty sure.jesus said that was a sin.if you cant say something nice, dont comment at all.God loves this lady just as much as you whether you think so or not
ashamed

Bandy, VA

#12 Jan 22, 2011
I'll bet the whole deal around Ms.Bandy leaving Baptis valley was alie anyways.I have family who go there and they said she stepped down because God had released her from there.People just want to start crap.I know Baptis Valley and Ms.Bandy has been addressed in this forum before but come o people what if God really did call her to leave.Why does it always have to be TKO's when something goes down.People move on and those left behind are just fine.My family that goes there said that the Praise team sounded Beautiful last week.God does a new thing and sometimes new is better.I just think its horrible that I'm not a christian and can conduct myself nbetter than some of the proclaimed Christians who have posted.Now unless you have a personal problem with Ms.Bandy or Bapitist valley then leave it alone.Nobody has even mentioned that Strong tower DOES NOT havea music minister yet or at least they have not announced one.Rumors all rumors!
Theres A Thief

Saltville, VA

#13 Jan 22, 2011
So who stole the piano from Strong Tower???
Duh

Bandy, VA

#14 Jan 22, 2011
Who do you think stole the piano?Charlie Absher did so that City on a Hill wouldn't have to purchase one.they are trying to raise the money to build that new church.And Loving City on a Hill the people asked about Strong Tower and you try to lure them to COAH?That's just wrong.Strong Tower is a great church and that is with or WITHOUT Barry absher.You're not to follow a man but follow where God is.From what I understand of the Bible you're definately not supposed to worship a man especially not Barry because he's nothing to be worshiped!Charlie thought it was his to take and just because they give the keys back doesn't mean that there are not copies.From what I heard they are having a little trouble with their congregation at City on a Hill.Barry just has to be the limlight their to.He was once as on fire for Strong Tower as he is City on a Hill so beware people if you are folloing the man you will probably follow him to two or three more places before its all over.When he doesn't get complete control then he moves on its his way.He left Tazewell Family Worship Center to go to raven and changed the name their then couldnt get his way so off to make a new church COAH.Of course charlie followed him. Family sticks together right?I just cant believe Chealsea went.But I guess she will go wherever she can be heard and seen the loudest.Watch out for Barry and his clan they reak havoc whereever they go.
Loving City on a Hill

Peapack, NJ

#15 Jan 22, 2011
Duh if you would read the original post they said they would like to go to City on a Hill but it was too far to drive and I was offering a solution. I am sorry that offended you so greatly and I will definetly be praying for you tonight my friend. I had not been to church in years and went to City on a Hill with my sister and the good Lord moved me. I do not "follow the man" I am following what God has put on my heart and it is at City on a Hill and it is through Barry Absher and I am sorry if that offends you as well.
Big Picture

Dayton, VA

#16 Jan 22, 2011
Whenever God is moving in a big way somewhere- attacks and critics multiply rapidly. I hope we realize this is a deception from satan. I am not saying that nothing shady or wrong has happened anywhere, but if God is working to change lives and save people then the devil will do whatever he can to reverse it! Gossip and drama is present in every church. This will never change until the congregation decides to say enough is enough, we are here for fellowship and to hear the word and I will support my brothers and sisters in Christ under ANY circumstances. In order to combat all the evil in the world we MUST come together under one accord and make sure the devil knows HE WILL NOT SHAKE US!
The Rich Man

Richlands, VA

#17 Jan 23, 2011
It's hard for me to believe that money is behind any of these decisions.
Theres A Thief

Saltville, VA

#18 Jan 23, 2011
Anyone that would steal anything from a church is low down pathetic. The piano was not their's to take. But the piano wasn't the only thing that they snuck back and took. You can't get much more low life than that.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Jan 24, 2011
I have a hard time believing that they would go back and steal things. Did they buy them to begin with? If they stole them then why didnt someone call the cops and file a report?
okie dokie

Tazewell, VA

#20 Jan 24, 2011
sounds to me like some one needs to be reteaching the bible story about the rich man and the poor man. As i recall the man who wanted it all and built his house but fogot the lord went to hell....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Bluff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fools & Blind ! ( Church ) 28 min person 44
Is Jarrod Wright dating a man? 2 hr Randi 0
house 2 hr mary 17
Can Ajax clean what Sami Barnes is speading? 2 hr Randi 0
beauty 3 hr yes yes yes 11
Donna Miller 5 hr Name 1
Donna Miller 9 hr Name 1
Cedar Bluff Dating
Find my Match

Cedar Bluff Jobs