slumlord in cazenovia
april s

Cicero, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2008
i've lived in caz for 4 yrs.now. i have 2 girls going into 4th grade and 1 going into kindergarten. my husband is a city person and has been "fighting" to go back since before we even moved here! i think we have a great school system and i've been trying to show him the benefits of our great town, but the truth is that since we moved here it's been nothing but problems. we are finally at our wits ends and i really don't want to make my children leave their friends, but our landlord is a slumlord and has been harrassing us for years now. i never would have thought that caz would have a place like this here but no one seems to want to do anything about it. i'm only one person, i don't know what to do anymore, i just want what is best for my kids.
Heathkit

Cicero, NY

#2 Jun 22, 2008
There's a lot of that in that town. A lot of these slumlords also try to stuff a bunch of college kids in one house. It's so nice now without those idiots here in the summer. It is nice and quiet. The house next to Red apple with couch on front porch looks like it should be on Genesee St. in Syracuse ! The village basically turns it's back because it means $$$$$ being pumped into their bars/convenient stores.$$$$$ is bottom line in "cashenovia"

“death is unpredictable...”

Since: Jun 08

cazenovia

#3 Jul 23, 2008
i've decided to take a stand. we are moving,however, i am not going to allow the next family to move in to this mess. it is really hard to get things done in this town when everyone went to high school together. the thing they never count on is an outsider with perserverance. i will find my way, even if i have to fight for a long time. i am resourcefull!!!!! the landlord lives in another state and the management company is new (since 2005). the things they have done to my family are unbelievable, some illegal. i don't know if they did them to us because they thought we were young(we look young)and we didn't know any better,maybe they thought we didn't know the things they did were wrong, maybe they didn't know the things were wrong, or maybe they are just so arrogant they don't care. the bottom line is we "took" it for far too long, enough is enough.
Heathkit

Syracuse, NY

#4 Aug 29, 2008
Well, the douche-bag college kids are back, and guess what ?? WOOO HOOO's at 1 in the morning and big fight on Albany St at 1 AM. They should just put a big monkey cage around that school and lock 'em in until the year is over.
not in rockville

Washington, DC

#5 Oct 2, 2008
Heathkit wrote:
There's a lot of that in that town. A lot of these slumlords also try to stuff a bunch of college kids in one house. It's so nice now without those idiots here in the summer. It is nice and quiet. The house next to Red apple with couch on front porch looks like it should be on Genesee St. in Syracuse ! The village basically turns it's back because it means $$$$$ being pumped into their bars/convenient stores.$$$$$ is bottom line in "cashenovia"
Seems to me that the community on Genesee St. is worse than yours so stop being selfish and help them. Or better yet, switch places. You complain about a sofa? Try no heat, violence, bad schools. Wah Wah Wah. A sofa on the porch.

Take a walk to your exclusive lake and relax.
Drammy

Watertown, NY

#6 Aug 1, 2011
april s wrote:
i've lived in caz for 4 yrs.now. i have 2 girls going into 4th grade and 1 going into kindergarten. my husband is a city person and has been "fighting" to go back since before we even moved here! i think we have a great school system and i've been trying to show him the benefits of our great town, but the truth is that since we moved here it's been nothing but problems. we are finally at our wits ends and i really don't want to make my children leave their friends, but our landlord is a slumlord and has been harrassing us for years now. i never would have thought that caz would have a place like this here but no one seems to want to do anything about it. i'm only one person, i don't know what to do anymore, i just want what is best for my kids.
I realize this is a very, very old post, but if anyone knows what this situation was all about, at least I could offer suggestions to prevent it from happening again. I work for a property management firm, and I know there are a lot of losers in the business -- not to mention working in a town with a lot of ol'boy networks and not necessarily the nicest people.

Sometimes what local landlords don't understand (and this comes back to bite them in the butt every time) is that there are federal and state laws concerning housing, private as well as public, and sometimes you get some local yocals who get a bit overconfident concerning what they can get away with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cazenovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fran lawton 56 min boris 4
Senior pranks Jun 21 ebd 2
Chittenango police (Nov '09) Jun 17 Objective 37
kori Smith bodah (May '15) Jun 16 No one 61
sue barber (Mar '16) Jun 14 yessir 5
Canastota little league president has to go! Jun 9 Phillies Mom 1
Brooke teachout Jun 6 Unknown 1

Cazenovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance