Stay away from Cazenovia
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ShoSho

Little Falls, NY

#21 May 1, 2009
I grew up in Apulia Station and my Mother still lives there. I on the otherhand live in the most wonderful neighborhood with whites, hispanic, black, mexican and Spanish and I have loving and caring neighbors and non of us live in squalor or run down homes. I am a college graduate to boot. So I would be carful what you said about any race, whites included. National studies will show you that there is more white people living in squalor as you see it than any other race in the United States.
sara

Washington, NC

#22 Jun 26, 2009
do not worry with this type of people , when hell breaks out in the u.s the rich will not be able to survive. when they come begging send them away ,im sure they can NOT make stew or bread on a open fire ,want matter how much money they have.
Madison Watchdog

East Syracuse, NY

#23 Jun 27, 2009
Wow, lots of posts on Cazenovia. Just like anything else, everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion...Caz is a quaint, historic town with some great things to do there. I would love it if other villages in New York State had downtowns as nice as Cazenovia. Caz reminds my of Skaneateles and Saratoga Springs, on a smaller level. I see the cazindependent was mentioned, there are a couple other web sites with Caz news & such... www.cazpilot.com and www.MadisonCountyCourier.com No matter what your opinion, Cazenovia is what it is...Cazenovia
legalbeaglese

Ithaca, NY

#24 Jul 4, 2009
thisisbullshit wrote:
First off, you people are ALL fucking idiots. Your arguing opinions. I could think Caz is great, and the prissy son of a bitch in Fayetteville (which is 100X's worse than Cazenovia) will think everyone there is snobs. NEWS FLASH: YOUR ARGUING OPINIONS WITH FAULTY, SHITTY FACTS. YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING ANYWHERE.
Another thing. Why does it matter whether you people like this "hell hole" or not? If you like it, like myself, live here. go to the schools, get friends (bc lady from NJ, the friends are out there, you just have to be a decent person to get them), eat at the restaurants etc. If you dont, find some other place to move where maybe there is more ethnic diversity, or cheaper, better restaurants.
The truth is, there are people here that love the place. think it is heaven, spend a little more at places to keep it the way it is, and that have friends. EVEN Kids! did anyone mention that there is very limited crime here? cant tell ya when the last shooting was.(daria, your kids were probably losers and i wouldnt blame you you for moving them around, so that they have an excuse to not have friends).
I just thought id toss my two cents in here, because being from Cazenovia, i know that it has taught me some things that i couldnt have learned in a metropolitan area like Syracuse.
You seem to not be aware that you are the kind of Cazenovia person, and attitud, that I always encountered whie living there. Read my initial post on the subject again. I didn't like Caz or miss it because people were always so nasty, like you. You don't understand that, do you? Or, you don't want to.
Dariaaaaaa

Ithaca, NY

#25 Jul 13, 2009
thisisbullshit wrote:
First off, you people are ALL fucking idiots. Your arguing opinions. I could think Caz is great, and the prissy son of a bitch in Fayetteville (which is 100X's worse than Cazenovia) will think everyone there is snobs. NEWS FLASH: YOUR ARGUING OPINIONS WITH FAULTY, SHITTY FACTS. YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING ANYWHERE.
Another thing. Why does it matter whether you people like this "hell hole" or not? If you like it, like myself, live here. go to the schools, get friends (bc lady from NJ, the friends are out there, you just have to be a decent person to get them), eat at the restaurants etc. If you dont, find some other place to move where maybe there is more ethnic diversity, or cheaper, better restaurants.
The truth is, there are people here that love the place. think it is heaven, spend a little more at places to keep it the way it is, and that have friends. EVEN Kids! did anyone mention that there is very limited crime here? cant tell ya when the last shooting was.(daria, your kids were probably losers and i wouldnt blame you you for moving them around, so that they have an excuse to not have friends).
I just thought id toss my two cents in here, because being from Cazenovia, i know that it has taught me some things that i couldnt have learned in a metropolitan area like Syracuse.
Odd that you'd write with such a tone that proves to me once again that people from Caz often tend to be just plain nasty. My family is fine, my kids are fine, the world is fine. What I originally wrote about Caz -- you apparently didn't read it. We loved the region for its rural appeal. We found most of the people we met to be very closed to new people. We lived here a long time and two of my kids graduated Caz high school and while we often scratched our heads in bafflement about why so many locals seemed exceedingly standoffish, we also know that other communities are like Caz.

Your reply reflects the rudeness I experienced all the time in Caz. You don't like to hear that. Sometimes people do get upset when they realize that others don't see them as they see themselves. Caz is simply not a community that lets new people join them easily and the reputation it has for being a snobby town -- its natives ought to give that a thought. Constructive criticism.

Notice the difference in the tones of our posts? You are extremely angry. I was not.
HulaHula

Herkimer, NY

#26 Jul 27, 2009
Cazenovia is a beautiful word or name, as is America. They both wish to attain the highest of ideals, but sometimes fall short. To reach for the highest and fall short is not to be condemned. It is rather the goal of all who live in this arena called life. Hail to Caz - its ambitions, its shortfalls. Remember, we are all together. Cazindependent.com has the flavor of Caz, and maybe America.
jimbo

Gorham, ME

#27 Aug 18, 2009
John wrote:
jersey is a good place got friends in hackensack, hey is gleasons pub still around?
remember we used to drive from yonkers to go there, agreed caz is a joke wanna be high class yet they are fake in reality, lol.
jersey sukks bigtime
gerrie

AOL

#28 Sep 2, 2009
I do know caz. is terrible when it comes to parking there is not one parking space that you can park only for a limited time. Yes you can park without getting a ticket across main street across from kinney drugs if you can fine one. They even hire a person to go around and chalk your tires to let them know you parked to long and then you get a ticket. And yes some of the people think they have money and are stuck up others do not. Not much to do in Caz. for tourism thow, pretty boring if you ask me.

Since: Jun 09

Ithaca, NY

#29 Sep 11, 2009
I lived in Cazenovia for four years, I will agree that there are differences in opinion like every other place on the planet Earth but I wouldn't say the community was like that at all, I found them very open. I knew a great deal of minority students who enjoyed the same rights and privileges that I did over the course of those four years.
The Final Review

Lincoln, NE

#30 Oct 8, 2009
I began reading this thread because the loud accusations of the initial post amused me; but like any good book, the more I read, the more I was drawn in. After reading all of the posts I must let you all down with a simple word: Mediocrity. Cazenovia and its citizens neither dwell in a high ivory tower, as some have suggested, nor does it fester in the misery of its poorly conceptualized parking arrangements. It simply exists. Of course some in the community may try to powder its visage with marketing ads and community efforts, but is this snobby, or is this just as fundamental of a human trait as breathing? No, one must not hold contempt for Cazenovia and its attempts to reach beyond mediocrity, just as you would not hold contempt for an intellectually disinclined student from attempting the deans list; no matter their constant shortcomings. In the end Cazenovia is neither as grand as its greatest advocate says nor as paltry as its greatest critic would like. If you were to make a mold of Cazenovia and compare it to other towns of its size, you would doubtless find that they all come from a similar guild. While the appeal for threads like this one are understandable, I think that everyone would do better to take what good they can from all of life’s adventures and move on. Cazenovia will continue to exist relatively unchanged, as it has for centuries, with or without you and your assessments of it. Good luck.
John

Boonton, NJ

#31 Dec 14, 2009
I laugh at the pathetic losers who bash Caz. Yes "Caz" for those of us who grew up there and had a wonderful childhood. Sorry your jealous you did not have a town as good as Cazenovia when you grew up. Of course no town is perfect, but Caz offers many things you would want to raise a family in.
Towns grow, I wish it was the Caz of my youth, but still a great place. We do try to keep that image of old Caz, and are not snobby.
Ronnie

Boonville, NY

#32 Dec 29, 2009
This just goes to show, to each their own. I know both wealthy and poor people in Caz. As it was aid, it is useless to argue opinions, but spfo6 certainly showed that blacks can be racists too!
clay

Fort Dodge, IA

#33 Feb 4, 2010
lol you want snobby try manilus. that post from "the final review " proves it .Overeducated idiot who cant spell
The Final Review

Newark, NJ

#34 Feb 10, 2010
clay wrote:
lol you want snobby try manilus. that post from "the final review " proves it .Overeducated idiot who cant spell
Well... Clay. Unfortunately your accusations are as flawed as your understanding of the English language. For one, I would like to know exactly what it is that I spelled wrong. Two, I am not from "manilus" or even Manlius, that is just where my internet was coming from. And lastly, I am not overeducated, maybe you are just undereducated. Perhaps in the future you should try harder to control your presumptions and avoid revealing your mental penury.
RLC REAL

Manlius, NY

#35 Nov 5, 2010
I have lived in Caz for 10 years after living in the city Syracuse for 20 years. The girls in the city were dancing in the street in front of my house to screaming music and they were actually humping the road! 5 men walked up and sat on my steps smoking pot while my 2yr old was playing by the window where it was blowing in. This is just 2 of several of examples. I have encountered rich jerks and poor jerks in Caz, great and wonderful upper class people, as well as, middle to lower income people. But no one has ever humped the street or blown pot smoke in my windows. There are plenty of problems here and the real people in Caz will admit it while as in any town or city the snooty people cover it up. Caz isn't perfect but what do expect it's on the earth where NOTHING IS PREFECT in ANY town ANY city and not ANY "PERSON" which is where all of these comments are coming from!!
David Duke

Cortland, NY

#36 Nov 5, 2010
spf06 wrote:
Cazenovia is a smutty place with rich white folk, I would suggest that you stay away unless you have lots of $$$ to show off, or your white. If you like old people move here.
Everyone hates africans anyway, and they should be banned from caz.
Sport

United States

#37 Apr 23, 2016
Chris wrote:
You're an idiot to think everyone, or even a majority of people in Caz are rich. There are a few for sure. But the town is a middle to upper middle class community. There are no more or less "old people" than any other town, but you see more in Caz
because it is a save and welcoming area.
What the town does lack is the welfare baby factory mooches that are a constant drag on society. If you want to live in a rundown poor people area, I suggest the west end of Erie Blvd.
Best place for welfare people n baby makers Luve in Chittenango. They are arrogant, inbred and crooked!
Senn

Syracuse, NY

#38 Apr 24, 2016
Wow, this thread is nearly ten years old!!!!

Caz is pretty for a walk around. It has some artsy type people and it has some new money people (who are the obnoxious types) and the "old money" are people you'll never see around. It's kinda boring. That's the most negative I can say about it. Beautiful main street at Christmas time tho!
Moby

Westford, NY

#39 Friday Oct 6
When will Alberts re-open?
random girl

Syracuse, NY

#40 Friday Oct 6
notarichbitch wrote:
<quoted text>So glad Daria moved back to NJ. Sorry it took 18 years to figure it out...lol
Wow, you kinda made their point for them. Bunch of nasty pink holes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cazenovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Barres Mon Yes 2
News Eerie In Erieville: What do you do with a house... (Oct '11) Oct 14 ach 12
Keep your Riff Raff out of our town (Sep '10) Oct 13 chuck 35
paws claws feathers and fins (Apr '11) Oct 12 FedUpNurse 60
kori Smith bodah (May '15) Oct 11 Jen 95
Holly Bushneck Oct 10 Rack up 1
drug dealing in chittenango Oct 7 CONCERNED CITIZEN 1

Cazenovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance