Stay away from Cazenovia

Posted in the Cazenovia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
spf06

Brewerton, NY

#1 May 24, 2006
Cazenovia is a smutty place with rich white folk, I would suggest that you stay away unless you have lots of $$$ to show off, or your white. If you like old people move here.
Chris

Plainville, MA

#2 May 25, 2006
You're an idiot to think everyone, or even a majority of people in Caz are rich. There are a few for sure. But the town is a middle to upper middle class community. There are no more or less "old people" than any other town, but you see more in Caz
because it is a save and welcoming area.
What the town does lack is the welfare baby factory mooches that are a constant drag on society. If you want to live in a rundown poor people area, I suggest the west end of Erie Blvd.
ScottC

AOL

#3 Jul 2, 2006
Nice racist rant jackass. Who cares if most of the people in Caz are white. What would you prefer, a multi-racial ghetto where people of all colors and races live in equal squalor. Great!!! There are plenty of places like that already.
DeRuyter

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#4 Jul 5, 2006
You are either a racist spf06 or just insanely jealous over folks that simply don't live however you live. Very successful people do live in Caz, but so do less fortunate people that are simply trying to get by. What does either condition have to do with skin color?
Lynn

Syracuse, NY

#5 Nov 2, 2008
Coming from someone who went to school in Caz for 12 years, but actually lived in a neighboring town--yeah. Just about everyone and their dog there is fake as hell. I have few fond memories of that place and prefer not to dwell on it.

You'll notice that they do everything in their power to keep up their perfect little image, too. Any kind of bad news gets swept beneath the carpet, but if a neighboring town has a success story (ie. Madden's Equestrian show-jumping success in the Olympics), they'll try to take all the glory for themselves.

It's complete BS that they think they're a tourist town. There's hardly anything there, save antique shops (Aka, glorified garage sales), pizza places and clothing stores that overprice everything. No one really cares about Lorenzo, or the junk yard they call an art park. The funniest part is, despite their belief that people want to stop by and do stuff, there's no where for visitors to park. They even have a brochure at the bus station in Syracuse--I just about died laughing when I saw that. Half the crap on that brochure isn't even accurate/true, and the pictures were obviously doctored up with photoshop. It's just like their little image; nothing about it is real.

There was this place called Common Grounds--it was about the only decent thing the town ever did. It was supposed to be a place for kids to go and hang out after school. But I notice in the years since I've graduated they've turned it into yet another fancy restaurant that isn't all that friendly anymore. Because you know, that's exactly what Caz needed: another overpriced restaurant with food that's hardly ever worth said price, and that only well-to-do people and their spoiled kids can go to on a regular basis.

The education offered is good, but that's about the only thing going for it. I went to college and found I was well beyond the level of most of my peers. However, I really don't think it was worth the mental price of attending that hell hole for 12 years.

Don't know where you got the idea that old people live around there, though. I never saw too many. Don't know how the ones I do see can even afford to live there.

Come to think of it, there was an article in the local paper recently discussing how the town wanted to build a nursing home complex so that people wouldn't leave the area to visit their older relatives, thus spending their money elsewhere--god forbid they go somewhere where there's actually something worth spending their money on.
The Girl in hell

New York, NY

#6 Nov 16, 2008
Lynn I love you!
every thing you said is to The T right.
I live here now I am a Jr. at the high school and will say the education is good. the stuck up people with there money is what they want and the PnC parking lots the only place there is to park and that's not very well set up it self.
spf06 Go back to the ghetto you pot head that's the only way you would fit in the the students and most of the young adults here in Cazenovia (and yes that's under the rug as well)
caz girl

Alfred, NY

#7 Nov 24, 2008
Everyone who is talking down on Cazenovia is totally wrong. I am a seinor currently attending Cazenovia and I love it! I do feel there are the "rich" people here but they are not snotty as long as you are nice to them. And everyother place in the world has the same people unless you move to Africa. Cazenovia is a beautiful town, with many fun things to do. Lynn you are a complete idiot, you should research before you write your information. Common Grounds is gone, but instead is a CHEAP breakfast resturant. I have gone to many other places and talked to people and they all say they love to visit Cazenovia, for its resturants and other things to do here. Everyone says it is sucha beautiful town. And I can not wait to have my family grow up here.
Babs

Syracuse, NY

#8 Nov 25, 2008
Well, it is very interesting to hear the comments made about Cazenovia. I have lived here for almost 16 years and have found the good and the bad as you would find in any town. Yes, Cazenovia does protect it's seemingly ideal middle American town way of life for many reasons. Most of us who are of an older generation have witness the break down of many villages, towns, and small cities with the influx of the mall store and the box store selling the over stocked low prices goods imported from other countries that have taken the jobs away from people who once lived comfortablely in these small towns and cities. This has left ghost downtowns and low paying jobs available to replace the once decent jobs that have gone over seas. I grew up in Gloversville which serves as a very good example of a once vibrant city lost to poor trade agreements and cheaper out sourced labor. We are a lucky to have a school that is located so that many can still walk home or go to Project Cafe (heard a band playing theere last week), a college that is small and yet offers opportunity and some diversity to the area (yes, diversity is lacking and I would love to see that change as it has in politics). We all see what we want to see, good and bad. It is easier to be critical, it makes us feel better that others and more important, but in the long run it is usually our own self worth that is exibited in our critizism than the value of something else.
daria

Ithaca, NY

#9 Dec 26, 2008
Caz is not a "warm and friendly" community -- never has been. Some places are like that, so Caz isn't unusual being that way. What I always found odd about the community is that it seems to THINK it's that way.

I lived there for 18 years and you'd never know it. I tried for some time, as my entire family did, to meet people and make friends, but Caz is just not the kind of village that allows that. I found the natives quite delusional about this. They perceived themselves to be classy and friendly, but I really only encountered a lot of rudeness. I came up to CNY from New Jersey, from a community settled in the 17th century, and I suppose I was a bit taken aback by Caz's opinion of itself. We've moved due to my work and my kids don't miss the high school at all -- they had two or three friends there, but for the most part, they felt that the other students were just carrying on their parents' habit of nastiness and lack of manners.

The region around Caz is beautiful and I'm very glad my kids grew up surrounded by farming and a very good sense of natural resource conservation. But all in all, my family really can't think of anyone back in Caz we would call "friend." Literally, our home went for more than a decade not having a single Cazenovia person invite us anywhere, answer our invitations, or make any effort to get to know us, and we're the most laid back people in the world. That was weird, to tell you the truth, but we got through it by having a sense of humor about it.

My grandmother told me stories about a small town in rural Virginia that was the same way to her and her family when she was growing up. She was 8 when she moved there due to her father's job, and she said it was the most unfriendly and rude community she'd ever lived in. Then her parents moved her and her siblings to Brighton, NY, and they experienced the same problem there too. Her "hometown" is now a very lovely village in Alabama and she took quickly to southern life and a sort of "artist" community south of Mobile.

You can't expect people to be the same anywhere you go. There simply are very closed-off and unfriendly communities in the country, and Caz is one of them.
notarichbitch

Hamilton, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2009
So glad Daria moved back to NJ. Sorry it took 18 years to figure it out...lol
daria wrote:
Caz is not a "warm and friendly" community -- never has been. Some places are like that, so Caz isn't unusual being that way. What I always found odd about the community is that it seems to THINK it's that way.
I lived there for 18 years and you'd never know it. I tried for some time, as my entire family did, to meet people and make friends, but Caz is just not the kind of village that allows that. I found the natives quite delusional about this. They perceived themselves to be classy and friendly, but I really only encountered a lot of rudeness. I came up to CNY from New Jersey, from a community settled in the 17th century, and I suppose I was a bit taken aback by Caz's opinion of itself. We've moved due to my work and my kids don't miss the high school at all -- they had two or three friends there, but for the most part, they felt that the other students were just carrying on their parents' habit of nastiness and lack of manners.
The region around Caz is beautiful and I'm very glad my kids grew up surrounded by farming and a very good sense of natural resource conservation. But all in all, my family really can't think of anyone back in Caz we would call "friend." Literally, our home went for more than a decade not having a single Cazenovia person invite us anywhere, answer our invitations, or make any effort to get to know us, and we're the most laid back people in the world. That was weird, to tell you the truth, but we got through it by having a sense of humor about it.
My grandmother told me stories about a small town in rural Virginia that was the same way to her and her family when she was growing up. She was 8 when she moved there due to her father's job, and she said it was the most unfriendly and rude community she'd ever lived in. Then her parents moved her and her siblings to Brighton, NY, and they experienced the same problem there too. Her "hometown" is now a very lovely village in Alabama and she took quickly to southern life and a sort of "artist" community south of Mobile.
You can't expect people to be the same anywhere you go. There simply are very closed-off and unfriendly communities in the country, and Caz is one of them.
John

Fulton, NY

#11 Jan 30, 2009
jersey is a good place got friends in hackensack, hey is gleasons pub still around?
remember we used to drive from yonkers to go there, agreed caz is a joke wanna be high class yet they are fake in reality, lol.
jay

Herkimer, NY

#12 Feb 19, 2009
spf06 wrote:
Cazenovia is a smutty place with rich white folk, I would suggest that you stay away unless you have lots of $$$ to show off, or your white. If you like old people move here.
you have no idea what you are talking about because were not a smutty area and there is just the same amount of old folks than any other place so that was very stupid to say.I mean how could it be a bad place even if there was only old folks wouldnt that make it a safe place idiot
daria

Ithaca, NY

#13 Mar 11, 2009
notarichbitch wrote:
So glad Daria moved back to NJ. Sorry it took 18 years to figure it out...lol
<quoted text>
You apparently did not read my post. I did not move back to NJ. I was born there. And your snarky comment is proof that people in the area are really ill-mannered.
daria

Ithaca, NY

#14 Mar 11, 2009
You actually believe there are no single mothers receiving assistance beneifts in Caz? Try about 200 of them. At last count, 2005.

Perhaps you ought to speak to young men about not making babies and then bailing on the mothers? that would end the "welfare baby factory mooches" problem you seem to be so angry about.
Chris wrote:
You're an idiot to think everyone, or even a majority of people in Caz are rich. There are a few for sure. But the town is a middle to upper middle class community. There are no more or less "old people" than any other town, but you see more in Caz
What the town does lack is the welfare baby factory mooches that are a constant drag on society. If you want to live in a rundown poor people area, I suggest the west end of Erie Blvd.
John

Fulton, NY

#15 Apr 3, 2009
daria wrote:
You actually believe there are no single mothers receiving assistance beneifts in Caz? Try about 200 of them. At last count, 2005.
Perhaps you ought to speak to young men about not making babies and then bailing on the mothers? that would end the "welfare baby factory mooches" problem you seem to be so angry about.
<quoted text>
good job daria.
Lucky

Utica, NY

#16 Apr 10, 2009
spf06 wrote:
for Cazenovia News visit cazindependent.com
Lucky

Utica, NY

#17 Apr 10, 2009
Chris wrote:
For Cazenovia News visit cazindependent.com
thisisbullshit

Utica, NY

#18 Apr 16, 2009
First off, you people are ALL fucking idiots. Your arguing opinions. I could think Caz is great, and the prissy son of a bitch in Fayetteville (which is 100X's worse than Cazenovia) will think everyone there is snobs. NEWS FLASH: YOUR ARGUING OPINIONS WITH FAULTY, SHITTY FACTS. YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING ANYWHERE.
Another thing. Why does it matter whether you people like this "hell hole" or not? If you like it, like myself, live here. go to the schools, get friends (bc lady from NJ, the friends are out there, you just have to be a decent person to get them), eat at the restaurants etc. If you dont, find some other place to move where maybe there is more ethnic diversity, or cheaper, better restaurants.
The truth is, there are people here that love the place. think it is heaven, spend a little more at places to keep it the way it is, and that have friends. EVEN Kids! did anyone mention that there is very limited crime here? cant tell ya when the last shooting was.(daria, your kids were probably losers and i wouldnt blame you you for moving them around, so that they have an excuse to not have friends).
I just thought id toss my two cents in here, because being from Cazenovia, i know that it has taught me some things that i couldnt have learned in a metropolitan area like Syracuse.
careful what you wish for

Cicero, NY

#19 Apr 22, 2009
Hey,try living in some of the Walfare ridden hell-holes in the Mohwak Valley!!! You'll be clammering for Cazenovia, snobs and all!!!! I am.
Jim

Herkimer, NY

#20 Apr 30, 2009
I've been in Cazenovia for 12+ years. I didn't know anybody when I moved here, and it seems like I now know half the town. I'm not an especially outgoing person, but I have volunteered for a couple of things in the community and at the school, and that's mostly how I met people. I would guess it's the same wherever you go. If you wait for people to be nice to you for niceness' sake, you'll probably be waiting a long time, at least in the Northeastern USA. But if you go out of your way to get involved, you'll build on that experience a hundred times over.

I agree with the poster about www.cazindependent.com - it's a terrific resource for detailed news, photos, and great writing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cazenovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chittenango police (Nov '09) Jul 18 Anonymous 38
Fran lawton Jul 18 Dp stota 5
Shawn Bodah (Jul '15) Jul 13 Ashamed 12
kori Smith bodah (May '15) Jul 13 None 74
Stop The Madison County MEGA Dump EXPANSION....... Jul 11 Julie 2
Who is hiring in canastota? Jul 9 Abel 1
best residential cleaning service? Jul 9 Lucy 3

Cazenovia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance