Living in the Village of Cazenovia

Living in the Village of Cazenovia

Posted in the Cazenovia Forum

Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#1 Sep 24, 2007
How are they about the yard or grass height on the property inside the village and maintenance of
the yard as far as keeping it cut?
Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#2 Sep 24, 2007
What about if you have a dog?
How do most of the people deal with dogs barking as far as complaning about it?
Do they get alot of complaints about the dogs and the yard related stuff from people and are they hardcore
about staying on a propety owner all of the time about these types of things.
Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#3 Sep 24, 2007
What are most of the people like?
Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#4 Sep 24, 2007
It is a nightmare around here.
Especially in Greenwood.
Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Most of the areas like Carmel and Noblesville
are all about the same as far as this type of thing.
I have been there a couple of times but wanted to get some more feedback from someone on a few things about the area. I wanted to know some things about flooding problems also.
Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#6 Sep 24, 2007
DO you know what these two guys in Sullivan had in their yards that they were ordered to clean up?
How bad was it and how do they look at this stuff?
Someone claimed the guys yard didn't look the best in the Township and someone else said the one guy had his kids toys all over the yard and they were getting him for that.
They said it was out in a rural area out of the village out around the farms.
Know anything about this or anything similar?
Daniel Johns

Circleville, OH

#7 Sep 24, 2007
One person was in Bridgeport and another one in
Sullivan.
daria

Ithaca, NY

#8 Dec 26, 2008
Be aware that a midwesterner from Indiana will not fit into Caz -- you will seek friendly neighbors, and Caz is not a friendly community at all. Quite the opposite, the people are very quick to label, complain, and gossip.
John

Fulton, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2008
caz what a joke, they act like they are all from scarsdale, bunch of left wingers, lol.
John

Fulton, NY

#10 Dec 30, 2008
Daniel, stay in the midwest it's dead out here there is nothing.
me i'm thinking in a year or plus of getting out of central ny been here 6 years can't take it anymore.
John

Fulton, NY

#11 Jan 3, 2009
dephi falls is a cool place, the people are nice everyone says hello, I thought that stuff did not exist anymore, brings me back to when I was a kid where everyone was pretty cool, helped each other out etc.
now i'm not a local i'm a transplant and live and treat this town with respect, but those caz people seem to think they are better than you, me and the old lady in the wheel chair, they remind me of larchmont ny in a way but at least larchmont had style and so did the people.
Mr Sarcastic

Lincoln, NE

#12 Oct 8, 2009
Do you think that Daniel heard you? Do you think that you were able to save him in time from a most unfortunate fate? You only responded to his concerns a year late. Not to worry, I will be sure to give him a cold greeting when he arrives, just as we sought to do for you two. Because after all, us "Cazenovian's" are of the most dislikable pedigree and OF COURSE we just HATE outsiders. I should certainly hope that you do not move away John, I should miss giving you the cold shoulder when you invite me over for barbecues or giving you those dirty looks. But I suppose Daniel will make an agreeable replacement for you.
Of course this is all a joke Daniel, these two (John and Daria) are always ranting on Cazenovia forums about how much they really really hated it there. But not to worry, as with everything in this world, it is only what you make of it and nothing more. I would recommend taking advantage of the lake and getting involved in a few of the clubs in the area to meet new people. Good luck.
Post Script:
Now that I think about it that advice may serve you well too John. Not everyone is as hateful as you give them credit for. They are just complacent and feel no real need to put themselves outthere. Perhaps it is your obviously negative disposition towards people in Cazenovia that prevents you from enjoying it. You're welcome over at my place anytime.
Alinda

Ithaca, NY

#13 Nov 10, 2009
Mr Sarcastic wrote:
Do you think that Daniel heard you? Do you think that you were able to save him in time from a most unfortunate fate? You only responded to his concerns a year late. Not to worry, I will be sure to give him a cold greeting when he arrives, just as we sought to do for you two. Because after all, us "Cazenovian's" are of the most dislikable pedigree and OF COURSE we just HATE outsiders. I should certainly hope that you do not move away John, I should miss giving you the cold shoulder when you invite me over for barbecues or giving you those dirty looks. But I suppose Daniel will make an agreeable replacement for you.
Of course this is all a joke Daniel, these two (John and Daria) are always ranting on Cazenovia forums about how much they really really hated it there. But not to worry, as with everything in this world, it is only what you make of it and nothing more. I would recommend taking advantage of the lake and getting involved in a few of the clubs in the area to meet new people. Good luck.
Post Script:
Now that I think about it that advice may serve you well too John. Not everyone is as hateful as you give them credit for. They are just complacent and feel no real need to put themselves outthere. Perhaps it is your obviously negative disposition towards people in Cazenovia that prevents you from enjoying it. You're welcome over at my place anytime.
Get over yourself. Your town is filled with rude, uppity people and that's been its reputation for a century.
LansdalePA

Watertown, NY

#14 Sep 24, 2011
Alinda wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself. Your town is filled with rude, uppity people and that's been its reputation for a century.
Unfortunately they will never admit that to themselves.
PeacePie

Watertown, NY

#15 Oct 9, 2011
Alinda wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't see themselves that way, and if you take time to talk to anyone in Caz about this they become extremely defensive. I think they honestly just don't realize how they come across to other people. Weird place.
pig legs2

United States

#16 Jun 21, 2015
I am glad to here the a#oles dick babel, jan vargeson, and stink ass bob from caz. Apts. They were such troublemakers. No love lost there. Scum of the Earth live there. VERY FILTHY..MANAGED BY LONGLEY-JONES..YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT. CAZENOVIA, HAS FRIENDLY TOWNS PEOPLE. THEY DON'T APPRECIATE THE SCUM THAT LIVE @ THE APTS.

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#17 Jul 14, 2015
pig legs2 wrote:
I am glad to here the a#oles dick babel, jan vargeson, and stink ass bob from caz. Apts. They were such troublemakers. No love lost there. Scum of the Earth live there. VERY FILTHY..MANAGED BY LONGLEY-JONES..YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT. CAZENOVIA, HAS FRIENDLY TOWNS PEOPLE. THEY DON'T APPRECIATE THE SCUM THAT LIVE @ THE APTS.
Have you been evicted from every subsidized senior housing apartment complex you've ever lived in? Good lord, you are constantly posting about Bolivar Landing in Chittenango, and here you claim to know Caz Apt. tenants?
What is wrong with you that you keep getting kicked out of these places?
Stairstepper

United States

#18 Mar 10, 2016
lisagroan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been evicted from every subsidized senior housing apartment complex you've ever lived in? Good lord, you are constantly posting about Bolivar Landing in Chittenango, and here you claim to know Caz Apt. tenants?
What is wrong with you that you keep getting kicked out of these places?
For your info, past and present tenants had many complaints about these Scum bags. There is many property owners dont appreciate the LOW lives that are delusional and gossiping all the time. The residents of Cazenovia /property owners are Great. I have conversations with business owners and church going people all of them are congenial and show you respect. Love caz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cazenovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep your Riff Raff out of our town (Sep '10) May 25 Pearl 4
Those seeking the spiritual path May 24 Tolle all day 1
Let us party May 19 Sport 17
Discuss! May 16 Ineedmorepaperclips 4
Guess Who (Jun '11) May 15 Maurice 13
Connie gedamosky/chitt (Jun '15) May 10 Sport 6
So many bad landlords (Sep '15) May 6 brain 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cazenovia Mortgages