In Caz, a new possibility for fighting underage drinking

Oct 12, 2009 Full story: The Star News

Cazenovia parents worried about alcohol may have ample reasons for concern: According to a 2009 American Drug and Alcohol survey for Madison County, 80 percent of ninth and tenth graders consider it 'fairly' or 'very easy' to get alcohol, while the percentage for 11th and 12th graders was 88 percent.

Full Story
Michael e Baker

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2009
I have contacted steve goodfellow about this.I told him it was time to put the same advertising,limations on achohl as cigreetes,and to tax it alot more,just as with cigreetes.Its all over t.v even at super bowl time.I no that it is legal,but it can be as deadly as cigreetes.But until you contact your assemblyman or congressmen in your district,this will never even have a chance.You can smoke 6 cigreetes and be ok,for now.But drink 6 beers,and you could kill others all well as yourself.If you are a drinker then you most likely won't like my option.So don't complain if you don't at least try to go this route.It could be because someone has their hand in achohl pocket.Just like the NRA.I have already contacted Assemblyman Bill Magee to see how to start the process of purposing a bill.If you are really concerned about our youth then i urge you to start doing it now!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cazenovia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bee Man Candle Company (Nov '12) Dec 18 shawna west 36
michael stoner (Mar '12) Dec 14 sweetpea123 2
Eerie In Erieville: What do you do with a house... (Oct '11) Dec 9 Zeb 11
Anonymous Posts - IP Addresses Tracked (Jan '12) Dec 9 2smrt4u 22
Oneida County man, wanted on sex offender viola... Dec 5 Typical Utican 2
lawyer review? (Aug '11) Dec 2 TheWanderer 36
scum bag of canastota/chittenango dead Nov 28 intelligent 1
Cazenovia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web