Unkechaug Chief Harry Wallace's cigar...

Unkechaug Chief Harry Wallace's cigarette shop on the Poospatuck reservation in Mastic

There are 3 comments on the Long Island Press story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Unkechaug Chief Harry Wallace's cigarette shop on the Poospatuck reservation in Mastic. In it, Long Island Press reports that:

The battle between budget-strapped New York State and the sovereign Indian nations located within New York rages on over whether or not New York can impose a $4.35 sales tax on cigarettes sold on reservation territory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Island Press.

V ito DeCandia

Saint James, NY

#1 Sep 15, 2010
It's not bad enough we took their land from coast to coast and basically wiped out an entire people.....now they can't even sell cigarettes in peace? Ridiculous.
BeFree

United States

#2 Sep 16, 2010
V ito DeCandia wrote:
It's not bad enough we took their land from coast to coast and basically wiped out an entire people.....now they can't even sell cigarettes in peace? Ridiculous.
I AGREE!
lily

United States

#3 Feb 5, 2011
They are selling to non-indians therefore taking tax dollars from new York. They can sell to their own. Instead they are selling mass quantities to others. And if you ever stepped foot on that reservation you would see its predominantly Jon-Erik Indian!:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cayuga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scandalous Activity at Bryne Dairy Jul 7 Decca77 1
News Teen runs stop sign, man in guarded condition (May '09) Jul 5 Helen 44
Meth lab fire in Brogan Manor Apt's (May '13) Jun '15 Mark 3
News Inmate Graduates: Why give free college tuition... (Jun '12) Jun '15 hiz queen 11
Review: Mill DAM Road Plumbing Apr '15 poster 1
Review: Law Office Of Rome Canzano Apr '15 Abby Gunget 1
News Three State Parole Officers Under Arrest (Sep '14) Apr '15 Philly2034 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cayuga Mortgages