Councilman Investigated for Impersona...

Councilman Investigated for Impersonating Officer

There are 24 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Feb 25, 2008, titled Councilman Investigated for Impersonating Officer. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

What started as a parking lot fender bender could turn out to be a big mess for a Lexington County Concilman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Time to Pay the Piper

Florence, SC

#1 Feb 25, 2008
Here we go again. Dumb meets dumber version of "Above the Law". Instead of stopping and handling a simple incident, this official chose to run and dodge responsibility, then pretend to be someone he wasn't. Can you say, "end of political career"?
Sam

Columbia, SC

#2 Feb 25, 2008
Time to Pay the Piper wrote:
Here we go again. Dumb meets dumber version of "Above the Law". Instead of stopping and handling a simple incident, this official chose to run and dodge responsibility, then pretend to be someone he wasn't. Can you say, "end of political career"?
This man is married into the Reeley (sp?) family. The ones that own the body shop.
REAL DEAL

Anderson, SC

#3 Feb 25, 2008
Thomas Ravenel....T-Rav
Andre Bauer.......SC-2

Todd Cullum.......any ideas?
West Columbia

Denmark, SC

#4 Feb 25, 2008
REAL DEAL wrote:
Thomas Ravenel....T-Rav
Andre Bauer.......SC-2
Todd Cullum.......any ideas?
Todd Cullum.....We Todd Did
Cassie

Columbia, SC

#5 Feb 25, 2008
It is about time that these members of the Cayce-West Columbia MOB are reigned in. The think they can do anything and never have to pay for it! They run the towns, are running Lex Dist.2 in the ground and it's time they were stopped. Todd Cillum is so stupid, he could have offered the owner of the car he hit to have fixed at Reeley's Body Shop, the one he is part owner in! Duh!
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#6 Feb 25, 2008
Typical small town politician.
Lexington Citizen

Swansea, SC

#7 Feb 25, 2008
about time the real Todd Cullum is seen.
ABB

Columbia, SC

#8 Feb 26, 2008
Lexington Citizen wrote:
about time the real Todd Cullum is seen.
Would that be the A$$ Todd Cullum?
wtf

Columbia, SC

#9 Feb 26, 2008
wtf
JLK

Columbia, SC

#10 Feb 26, 2008
He is a pompous, arrogant little man. I worked for the County of Lexington and he and many other on Lexington County Council need to be reeled in. The money that is wasted in Lex. Co. is UNREAL! Do you know we have the meals of those at the detention center catered and are spending $665,000 a month to feed them. People, that's 7.9 million a year! Are we feeding them filet's. Meanwhile, the poor animal population is running rampant. Lexington County is one of the biggest in the state, yet we can't get off our sorry butts and post the animal shelter on Petfinder. Some of the really small towns have their shelters listed there along with pics of the animals up for adoption. Lexington has ZIP! No wonder they euthanize approximate 700 animals monthly. No one is able to view the animals they have. Imagine the number that could be rescued/adopted if they were just able to be viewed on Petfinder. One shelter worker stated they receive a nubmer of calls wondering why the county is not represented on Petfinder. She stated the COUNTY doesn't feel it's important enough! Vote all of County Council out and let's get in some new blood that will represent the county and it's changing needs.
Lexington County Taxpayer

Lexington, SC

#11 Feb 26, 2008
There is no excuse for this type conduct for an elected official. I have personally seen his arrogance and temper issues first hand when I brought a complaint to his attention. I only hope the West Columbia Officers will suffer no punishment for doing their job.
He should resign immediately.
JLK

Columbia, SC

#12 Feb 26, 2008
Lexington County Taxpayer wrote:
There is no excuse for this type conduct for an elected official. I have personally seen his arrogance and temper issues first hand when I brought a complaint to his attention. I only hope the West Columbia Officers will suffer no punishment for doing their job.
I second that motion.
LexCoRes-II

Leesville, SC

#13 Feb 27, 2008
A pompous ass with a bad temper...bad news.
Lexington County Taxpayer

Lexington, SC

#14 Feb 27, 2008
According to the Law of Misconduct in office, it appears this incident meets all criteria. I certainly do not want him representing Lexington County now that his true colors have been shown. Why would anyone not want to co-operate with law enforcement? Usually this indicates somone has something to hide. WLTX dont let this one "Go Away". Stay on it!!!
MEME

Columbia, SC

#15 Feb 27, 2008
According to the Law of Misconduct in office, it appears this incident meets all criteria. I certainly do not want him representing Lexington County now that his true colors have been shown. Why would anyone not want to co-operate with law enforcement? Usually this indicates somone has something to hide. WLTX dont let this one "Go Away". Stay on it!!!
FIRED HIM, NOW, NO QUESTION, NO PROBLEM
tipster

Columbia, SC

#16 Feb 27, 2008
JLK wrote:
He is a pompous, arrogant little man. I worked for the County of Lexington and he and many other on Lexington County Council need to be reeled in. The money that is wasted in Lex. Co. is UNREAL! Do you know we have the meals of those at the detention center catered and are spending $665,000 a month to feed them. People, that's 7.9 million a year! Are we feeding them filet's. Meanwhile, the poor animal population is running rampant. Lexington County is one of the biggest in the state, yet we can't get off our sorry butts and post the animal shelter on Petfinder. Some of the really small towns have their shelters listed there along with pics of the animals up for adoption. Lexington has ZIP! No wonder they euthanize approximate 700 animals monthly. No one is able to view the animals they have. Imagine the number that could be rescued/adopted if they were just able to be viewed on Petfinder. One shelter worker stated they receive a nubmer of calls wondering why the county is not represented on Petfinder. She stated the COUNTY doesn't feel it's important enough! Vote all of County Council out and let's get in some new blood that will represent the county and it's changing needs.
Are the owners of the catering company kin to one of the council members?
ABC

Little River, SC

#17 Feb 27, 2008
JLK wrote:
Sounds like you have a political agenda? Huh, Are you mad? Complex thinker? You would probably get more support if you would climb the ladder and work for something like spousal abuse. But, I understand as you probably have trouble with the relationships in your life and amimals don't talk back. Support Sister Care.
Concerned Teacher

Little River, SC

#18 Feb 27, 2008
MEME wrote:
<quoted text>FIRED HIM, NOW, NO QUESTION, NO PROBLEM
If you want to hang your opinion in public it would be "Fire Him". Secondly, if you knew anything about elected positions they can't fire him.
And lastly, Living in America gives us the right to a fair trial not a lynch job.

One more thing, living in America gives you the right to express your view.

ah, yes, one more thing, I sure hope I was not the one who taught you government or english.
Concerned Citizen

Little River, SC

#19 Feb 27, 2008
JLK wrote:
I'm a little taken back at your comments. I get the impression that if you were serving your community you could probably lose your temper as well. You sure seem to have lost it with your comments. I'm not sure if this guy did the things I hear reported but I would allow the proper authorities to make that decision. I sure hope that you never have to be tried by the media. What get's me the most is your transparent agenda for pets. Just because someone doesn't take your view doesn't mean they don't care about pets, maybe they would rather spend money on meals on wheels or other worthy charitable causes. Our country has enough division without getting vile with the one's who try to make a positive difference in our community.
You win some, you lose some. Were you the one who took his toy's home when he didn't get his way. I sure hope not.
I know Todd

United States

#21 Apr 2, 2008
who in there right mind would defend him must be a public school teacher

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cayce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit (Mar '08) Aug 11 Pacolito 118
The church IN the Lord Jesus Christ-Hartsville (Jan '13) Aug 9 SITLA 43
News 3rd recruit dies during basic at Fort Jackson b... (Mar '09) Aug 9 Ranger Joe 363
Read about the 3 Hebrew Boys and CCG (Jun '07) Aug 9 Power Ranger 2,541
Pain Clinic and primary Care Aug 4 Old age is a pain 1
News SC: Split Episcopal dioceses can't take million... Aug 2 Rev Don Wildmoan 1
Vc summer 2&3 closed Aug 2 VCS 2and3 4

Cayce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cayce Mortgages