Alan

Columbia, SC

#1 Mar 6, 2009
Ahh Guignard park. What a jewel! I dare say this is definately the nicest park in Cayce and one of the nicest parks in the entire Columbia Metorpolitan area.

Old growth tress, both hardwood and pines. A nice circular sidewalk and a bed rock creek running through the middle. It's awesome!!

One problem though. The tranquility of this park is ruined by the drone of over 22,000 vehicles a day driving by on Knox Abbot. Yes, Twenty Two Thousand Cars a Day! The only thing that seperates the park from the road is a wrought iron fence.

Not one square foot of the park escapes the noise. The good news is that this can be fixed.

We really need a solid brick wall along Knox Abbot which will re-direct most of this noise toward the shopping center on the other side. Anybody interested in getting this accomplished? At the very least we need some leeland cypress or some sort of noise barrier.
hemicuda

Columbia, SC

#2 Mar 9, 2009
I kinda like the roar of the cars juxtaposed with the serene nature of the park. And, really, the sound isn't that bad except maybe near the parking lot.
Alan

Columbia, SC

#3 Mar 10, 2009
Whatever. The Sound is the same everywhere in the park. Vehicle noise drowns out the tranquility of the entire park.

Sure would be nice to hear the creek ripplin over the rocks without having to stand in it.

Incidently, I don't think it was the creators intentions to have the park Juxtaposed with 22,000 cars/day. And I"m sure there may have been a time when passersby enjoyed the view. Today's hustle and bustle allows few to view the park as they are rushed by in hazzardous traffic. Why not make it better for the ones who choose to stop and enjoy it. Anyway, that wrought iron fence is starting to lean....
tranquil walker

Columbia, SC

#4 Mar 11, 2009
Sounds like a great Idea!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cayce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marie Hicks Inabinett 5 hr All Night 9
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Wed Jeremy Criton 102
News Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Sep 17 robb733 51
News Deputies Find Unregistered Sex Offender Hiding ... (Jan '08) Sep 16 Linda Bolin 50
News Darci Strickland Heads Home - For Now (Mar '07) Sep 9 Barbaramckay50 19
Sandra Carraway : Dishonest School Superintende... Sep 6 Evans PTA 2
Vc summer 2&3 closed Sep 5 I worked there 5

Cayce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cayce Mortgages