Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

ratso wrote:
<quoted text>ditto mrs skidmore was laid back. the most of the others were nervous nellies.
Ethyl or Fern skidmore?
ole caddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Fatso wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethyl or Fern skidmore?
which was the robust one with the wiry medium length gray hair? you and ken got nothing to do today?/ both of u on the net all day.
Carl robbins

Rankin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Still living in Cawood wrote:
Carl Robbins did you have a brother named Ernest and sister Betty? Did you live behind Gray's store?
yes i did we lived there untill 1962 ,i came to illinois and got job.I sent for the rest of family , my sister betty got killed in a car wreck in kankakee illinois . earnest and jack and i are all thats left of our family
Carl robbins

Rankin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

ratso wrote:
<quoted text>hi carl, please google crummies creek kids they have a picture of all of us in the 5th grade.
thank you i sure will google it ,patsy has already sent me the picture of the 2 years in question,i didn,t hardly know anyone lol its been a long time .
Ken Jordan

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

what in the world wrote:
how could a person get a print of that.....i went there from 85 til they closed
I went to Lees College in59-60.1252 John Ellis got me in school there .
Ken Jordan

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Granny Grunt wrote:
This old school picture sure brings back a lot of memories. I wonder where a lot of the students that attended are today. Some I would like to know about is Carlo Powell, Lillie Stepp and Agatha Osborne.
Granny Grunt - You name a lot of kids that were in my class or close . Do I know you ?
Granny Grunt

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Ken Jordan wrote:
<quoted text> Granny Grunt - You name a lot of kids that were in my class or close . Do I know you ?
Possibly. I don't prefer to play games, but do you recall ever being at Valley Lake in Big Stone Gap?
ole caddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Carl robbins wrote:
<quoted text> thank you i sure will google it ,patsy has already sent me the picture of the 2 years in question,i didn,t hardly know anyone lol its been a long time .
did u find the crummies creek kids yet carl?
always on the greene

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Granny Grunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly. I don't prefer to play games, but do you recall ever being at Valley Lake in Big Stone Gap?
well im tired of teasing you all my real name is little louis greene. hope ur satisfied now
Ken Jordan

Lebanon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

ole caddy wrote:
<quoted text>mrs skidmore was laid back. most of the rest were nervous nellies in comparision. who you is former rez/ i completed 8th grade there in 1957.
Teachers - Ollie Delaney, Bill Nichols , Bill Mcfarland , Jeanette Fields Mcfarland , Geneva Laws , crockett Carter ?, Dan France , Cawood ledford , Mrs Dean ,(Pete Deans Mother ) Violet Trosper , Frank Simpson (?) Velena Hawkins ,Anna Ruth McGinnis ,Mrs . Minnie Hodges , Flora Cawood , Mrs Harve Lesdford ( Jennie Pace ) Mrs Lackey .
ratso

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Ken Jordan wrote:
<quoted text> Teachers - Ollie Delaney, Bill Nichols , Bill Mcfarland , Jeanette Fields Mcfarland , Geneva Laws , crockett Carter ?, Dan France , Cawood ledford , Mrs Dean ,(Pete Deans Mother ) Violet Trosper , Frank Simpson (?) Velena Hawkins ,Anna Ruth McGinnis ,Mrs . Minnie Hodges , Flora Cawood , Mrs Harve Lesdford ( Jennie Pace ) Mrs Lackey .
what a memory! i have not been able to recall but about half of the ones you have. partly because i had mrs gallagher 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades. druggists wife. 1st grade was mrs cawood of course. 5th mrs brock, 6th mrs skidmore 7th might have been ollie delaney. 8th most def mrs green. i talked with a recent principal, grovers fields sister. she said mrs green worked as a sub up until she died. mrs green was head and shoulders above anyone else i studied under including profs at william & mary and univ of md.
ratso

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Carl robbins wrote:
<quoted text> thank you i sure will google it ,patsy has already sent me the picture of the 2 years in question,i didn,t hardly know anyone lol its been a long time .
go to facebook and enter rodger kuykendall there arent many.shud be able to raise me that way
still living in Cawood

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Carl, my brother and Ernest were always up to something. Fishing,playing in the creek behind Joanie Dean's old house.
ole caddy

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

still living in Cawood wrote:
Carl, my brother and Ernest were always up to something. Fishing,playing in the creek behind Joanie Dean's old house.
hey still living in cawood. i went to carl robbins fb and told him u had posted this for him. might be a while before he checks his fb. u shud get with him and see if he will give u his email address.
mossiemclain

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

queen wrote:
<quoted text>This is Jannie Peggs I remember it in 1976, I was in kindergarten. I don't know why but it brings back memories of playing on the old playyard. The swings and everything.My mom and dad have pictures of it .Well my dad does, my mom is deceased now I live in pikeville now but I have pictures of the old school
please post your photos your dad has so we can see them
mossiemclain

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

please post your photos your dad has so we can see them i went to school there from 1973 till 1979 it was a great school
cawood elem girl

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

i love cawood elem the old school was great
cawood elem girl

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

one of the best teachers at cawood was mr davis and his wife he would drive from rose hill va every day he also had skin cancer he was albino and bright light would hurt his eyes he would help the kids to pay for ball games and we would pay him twenty five cents back when we could he also helped me get a tooth pulled out he talked to mr corrnet and some how the dentist got paid where are the teachers like him gone if you are ateacher and are reading this please rember you my not rember the students but they will rember you good or bad its in your hands the impression you make on a life of a child MR DAVIS AND HIS WIFE BETTY ARE GONE NOW BUT WILL FOREVER REMAIN IN MY HEART FOR ALL THEY DID FOR ME and so will mr L B Corrnet
Norma Dean Hill

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Now THIS is the Cawood Grade School I remember graduating from in 1954.
ole caddy

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Norma Dean Hill wrote:
Now THIS is the Cawood Grade School I remember graduating from in 1954.
Norma, I agree. were u related to wilson dean and his brothers who worked with me at the golf course in the 50S? Are u a member of crummies creek kids site? please reply to rodger kuykendall on fb.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of67
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cawood Discussions

Search the Cawood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Justice Dale 138,582
over 400 pounds 16 min THE TRUTH 57
2 lenarue rouges in jail 21 min THE TRUTH 4
prostitutes 34 min THE TRUTH 18
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 36 min curious 122,681
scott co family judge 1 hr NEW FAMILY JUDGE 13
Roy skid more 1 hr Really do tell 2
•••
•••
•••
Cawood Dating

more search filters

less search filters