Beloit Football Coaches Get Day Off F...

Beloit Football Coaches Get Day Off For Winning

Posted in the Cawker City Forum

Concerned parents

Beloit, KS

#1 Oct 29, 2012
I wonder if the Beloit public knows that the Beloit Jr. Sr. High coaches get the day off for getting to the playoffs. Supposedly, this is so coach Koenig and coach Seyfert can spend the entire day watching game films of the other team. Really? Come On! They are playing a team they beat by almost 60 points just over a month ago. How much film do they need to watch?

This is where our money is wasted. The school has to hire two substitute teachers to cover for them, and everyone knows that a substitute just baby sits the kids. They don't get near the level of education as when a teacher is present. This is just a way to give Koenig and Seyfert a bone. No other teachers get this kind of reward or so called "prep time" for state. From what I hear, Koenig and Seyfert have the administration and school board wrapped around their finger, and they can do pretty much what they want.

This also shows the over emphasis of sports in the school, especially football. I have from a reliable source that Moore even allowed athletic practices to take kids away from music practice the day before they went to state competition. Just shows what is really important to this school.
Concerned parents

Beloit, KS

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Seyfert and Koenig got today off again. Just so they could spend the day planning for the next game. What a waste of our tax dollars and loss to our kids education. Sports, sports, sports. Football is the number one priority at Beloit High. Education takes a back seat.
Topper

Chanute, KS

#3 Nov 1, 2012
I would suggest you go to the school efficiency website the the Governors office set up and report it.

http://www.kdcountry94.com/2012/10/24/school-...
A guy

Casey, IL

#4 Dec 7, 2012
Quit crying just because you have to work that is also there job and they have a responsibility to the kids and team to you was problem a bitter kid who did not play sports or really cared as a kid all I can say is they are doing a good job to me and that is teaching and coaching you do know that a via h is also a live teacher and they show you if you work hard you can do anything so they work hard to prove that to the kids
A guy

Casey, IL

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Dang auto correct on this phone there was grammar and spelling errors on that post sorry.
Concerned parents

Cape Town, South Africa

#6 Jun 22, 2013
It was one long sentence! LoL. Says something about Beloit's education. LoL. Maybe spend less on sports and more on classroom time. And by-the-way, somebody should add up all that has been spent in the last five years on the stadium, track, gym and other athletic areas compared to academics and the fine arts. Beloit schools is all about jocks.
a guy

Beloit, KS

#7 Oct 2, 2013
i did not go to school in beloit if i would of my grammer would of been better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cawker City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HUD Files Housing Discrimination Charge by Rent... (Apr '16) Apr '16 KsAnderson72 1
What the hell happened to Matthew L. (Sep '15) Sep '15 LarryPurcelly 1
property? (Sep '07) Jun '15 tilthawhlsfaloff 7
What can we do in Jewell county to get some bus... (Apr '09) Apr '15 Hobart 26
Drugs in Beloit (Apr '10) Nov '14 creepy708 17
News Darrell D. Kroulik 1961 - 2014 (Jun '14) Jun '14 Peggy Wright 1
Genealogy Research (Aug '09) May '13 so true 4

Cawker City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cawker City Mortgages