Georgia power, the grinch that stole ...

Georgia power, the grinch that stole Christmas

Posted in the Cave Spring Forum

Power customer

Rome, GA

#1 Dec 7, 2012
I have never had my power shut off. I have always made payment arrangements when there was going to be a problem. 
Georgia Power waits to the month of Christmas to ad on a 150.00 deposit on top of the deposit we already made when they hooked us up and inspected our home. We are not renters and have lived in the same place for almost 4 years so why would they all of a sudden do this to people this month especially when we are struggling as it is ?
 We are currently living on workers compensation due to an injury and are barely getting by. I guess they feel my four children do not deserve Christmas. I  would understand if I had missed a payment, but I haven't! How is this right! How are they allowed to just add money to your bill like that? This is simply not fare!!!
  Please make a phone call to Georgia Power and tell them not to take poor peoples Christmas away just for they can draw some extra interest.
 If there is anything you can do to help like, write a letter or call please do.....Thank you, a parent who will have to see their children's face when Santa does not come because of Georgia Power being greedy

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2012
That is such a shame. I am about to move to a area that georgia power service. I am certainly not looking forward to it. I know all of dirty tricks they play. Good luck...
Reality Check

Rome, GA

#3 Dec 23, 2012
The only person you need to blame for this is in your mirror! Pay your bills on time, all the time and these things wouldn't happen. On Workers Comp? Sorry if you have a real injury, odds are you're milking the system. Grow up and take responsibility for your actions!

Rome, GA

#4 Dec 23, 2012
You could also lay off the cigarettes, energy drinks, cellphones, beer, walk to Dollar General instead of drive, turn off the cable television and replace all the Miss Me Jeans with some good old Toughskins.

That would be a start. It's not Georgia Power's fault that you had more children than you could afford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what is the best...... 5 hr Romen 1
News Newt Gingrich's first wife, Jackie, dies (Aug '13) 10 hr Trailer Park pimp 55
News Family friend gets two years in prison for raid... Oct 21 F You 4
What is up with Leslie Cremeens? (Nov '09) Oct 18 Pain 39
I'm moving to Rome, GA Oct 13 sonnie puredue 45
News Newly released court documents cast doubt on Gi... (Dec '11) Oct 13 Responsibility 36
News Rodeo clowna s quip about gender identity no la... Sep '16 Greyhound 77 6

Cave Spring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cave Spring Mortgages