takilma mama

Cave Junction, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

I recently thought to compare the number of homeless decent non drug abusing employed families i am aware of . then the number of unsold empty (for 6 mo or more ) houses that are soon to be vandalized and squatted in by not so sober citizens . then thought how can we connect the two ? there is risk involved for both parties but definite benefits for both how can we connect the two ?

my family is one of those i am refering to if anyone knows of a house that needs caretaking (we take caretaking seriously)
in this area or another please let us know

i know a good family that the working parent was recently injured in a car crash they are also between homes any suggestions can help!

takilmamama@yahoo.com
stayathome

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2007

I totally agree, there are homeless families all over the place. With minimum wage it's only pay check to pay check. If one wage earning worker one missed day can be the difference of paying the rent or becoming homeless. Even if both parents work and pay day care that is no better than one working. Look out your windows, take off your blinders, you will see the families that live in tents and in cars, their children playing near by. Give thought to why they are where they are, are they stranded and without means to move on? What can we as a community do to change the view of our small towns, to not be seen as a large town full of homeless and beggars. How can we as a community offer help to these misplaced families, and singles? What type of services can we put into place that can offer real help? Just one persons take on it all.
wake up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2008

With min. wage going up, they probaly can't afford food or clothes because the companies have to pay their employees more so every thing is so exspensive now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cave Junction Discussions

Search the Cave Junction Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
joshua parker (Oct '13) Jul 18 ShowMeTheMoney 4,093
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
No charges: workers subdued intruder, who died Jun '14 Susan 1
Looking for Shannon Henderson Jun '14 Really 1
Looking for class of 95 Jun '14 Really 1
Josephine County murderer Timothy Waddell found... (May '10) May '14 Anonymous 4
Keegen Metz May '14 counting down the days 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cave Junction Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cave Junction People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE