What's happening with Good Ole Days?

Posted in the Cave City Forum

kick booty

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jun 23, 2012
Anybody heard if there is going to be a Good Ole Days this year? If so, where is it going to be held? Who is large and in charge?
johnny

United States

#2 Jun 23, 2012
I haven't heard anything about it since last November when the interim mayor said he wanted it back downtown. Who is on the committee? The reason it kept getting cancelled was because no one wanted to organize anything. I remember the year Todd Esters ran it, it was real good with the pet show.

I know the argument was they needed downtown free for the fire trucks to get through to go to medical calls and wrecks, but Bob Hunt hosted 2 car shows where they closed off downtown.
SOS

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jun 23, 2012
Word is that there will not be a Good Old Days again this year. Everybody wants it but nobody wants to head it up.
in the know

Horse Cave, KY

#4 Jun 24, 2012
There is not going to be a "good old days", however, there is a committee which is working on some type of fesitival, which is going to be held downtown, the last week-end in Sept. I hope people will get behind them and support their efforts.
how hard can it be

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jun 25, 2012
Cave City can't even get organized to put on a small festival. Isn't the Chamber supposed to do stuff like that?
i know

Munfordville, KY

#6 Aug 28, 2012
The rumor is correct there isn't a Good ole Days. Its now the Cave City Proud Days. As of right now there are about 12 members putting it together. there is facebook page about it. Hope this helps!
in the know

Horse Cave, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2012
i know wrote:
The rumor is correct there isn't a Good ole Days. Its now the Cave City Proud Days. As of right now there are about 12 members putting it together. there is facebook page about it. Hope this helps!
I hear there is a lot of time, effort, and hard work gone into trying to get the "new" Cave City Proud Days up and going. Everyone seems so excited to have everything back down town and there is supposedly a car show, over 100 booths, BBQ cook-off, Battle of The Bands contest, quilt show, Womanless Beauty Pagent, Children's activites, Gospel Music and Street Music all rolled into one event. I wish them well. It's not easy to have any festival especially when you are trying to rebuild, something that had gone to the dogs.
hummmmm

Cave City, KY

#8 Aug 30, 2012
how hard can it be wrote:
Cave City can't even get organized to put on a small festival. Isn't the Chamber supposed to do stuff like that?
The Chamber is all about themselves and their own businesses other then control of the Convention Center. It needs to be dismantled.
Worthless. They do not want any other businesses in Cave City.
Mary Lou Carey don't want any competition. The Convention Center has to pay their bills. More waste.
My Two Cents

Horse Cave, KY

#10 Sep 17, 2012
you know anyone that says the chamber needs dismantled and is worthless is silly, the Chamber supports its members and have always promoted the city. Come to a meeting and see what is going on. Join a committee instead of bad mouthing an organization you know nothing about! Makes me sad people have time to say such things without getting off their rears to actually do something to improve the community they themselves live in. Cave City Proud Days are Sept 28 and 29th and yes that organization has worked very hard....

I challenge everyone on here to make a difference in your community. Join a club.. We have the Chamber, Lions, Cave City Proud Days and Downtown Merchants... Join one or all of them... but make a difference.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnny bell 27 min taxpayer 2
union at akebono Glasgow Kentucky 1 hr Wow 16
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 133,314
Akebono husbands/wifes or Mates 1 hr friction woman 26
Sonic in cave city 2 hr superwoman 3
Does cave City sell alcohol on Sunday's ? Jan 25 Hahdbsa 1
Alcohol Jan 25 Hahdbsa 10
Cave City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cave City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News