Bad wreck on 65 last night

Bad wreck on 65 last night

Posted in the Cave City Forum

mommy

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jul 2, 2009
It was so bad it took me 45 minutes to get from one side of cave city to the other. Who was involved? Did it hurt someone bad? Does anyone know anything about it
FYI

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 2, 2009
mommy wrote:
It was so bad it took me 45 minutes to get from one side of cave city to the other. Who was involved? Did it hurt someone bad? Does anyone know anything about it
Tractor trailer north of Cave City northbound lane crashed. Driver killed. Possible carrying hazardous material. Talked about evacuating some people around that area but I don't know if they did or not. All traffic was being detoured all the way north to Munfordville.
old news

Franklin, TN

#3 Jul 2, 2009
Both tractor trailer drivers killed. Evacuated the rest area on 65 and some in the area. Both trucks had hazardous material on board.

Finally opened up 65 about 3 a.m. this morning.

Green River bridge repair work slow-down caused the wreck....driver in back not paying attention and hit the truck in front of him......

I guess it's true that "speed kills"
udated news

United States

#4 Jul 2, 2009
old news wrote:
Both tractor trailer drivers killed. Evacuated the rest area on 65 and some in the area. Both trucks had hazardous material on board.
Finally opened up 65 about 3 a.m. this morning.
Green River bridge repair work slow-down caused the wreck....driver in back not paying attention and hit the truck in front of him......
I guess it's true that "speed kills"
You are wrong about both drivers being killed. I judy saw a State Trooper on WBKO news say the driver in the front truck was not injured enough to even seek medical help.
I think someone in Frankfort finally wised up and have delayed the bridge work until after July 4th traffic slows down.
Wait

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jul 2, 2009
I was still getting semi's passing my house from the detour past 3 am this morning.
Larry Wallace

Summer Shade, KY

#6 Jul 2, 2009
One driver rear ended the other. it killed the one that rearended the other truck. the other driver is fine. and fyi, there were no hazardous materials.
old news

Franklin, TN

#7 Jul 2, 2009
That is good news, thank you....glad to know the loss of life was limited.....thanks so much.
loveing

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 3, 2009
i heard it was a real bad one
loveing

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jul 3, 2009
i heard it was a bad one
Mandy

Cave City, KY

#10 Jul 6, 2009
Yes there was some dealths and all traffic going north bond was being directed off the cave city exit. i know cause i was stuck in that traffic. I live in Park City and i was taking the interstate to go to Cave City I had lefted before it was even dark and i finally got off the cave city exit about 2 hours later.
jmc3980

Glasgow, KY

#11 Sep 8, 2012
is 65 north open now
Where

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2012
The one yesterday?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min I hate liars 171,871
Topix Arrest In Glasgow (May '13) 7 min Fireman temple hill 17
so funny 1 hr Yo Toadster 2
Spice In Glasgow 1 hr RealShadyEnteredT... 1
Stay away from Amanda Middleton Thu WATCHING LIVONIA 16
Cry-baby hill? (Feb '17) Jan 17 Calm_Down 7
Mary Coates (Feb '17) Jan 17 Realer then it ge... 5

Cave City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cave City Mortgages