What will be the next fiasco to hit Cave City?

Created by minton on Jun 18, 2012

273 votes

Click on an option to vote

Another screw up in 2012 Mayor's Election?

A messed up 2012 City Council Election?

Cave City boundary issue again?

A screwed up attempt at a Wet Vote?

Police Department?

Convention Center?

Fire Department?

Maintenance Department?

City debt?

More businesses shutting down?

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Melissa

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jun 20, 2012
About time for something else to rear its ugly head.
concerned

Whites Creek, TN

#2 Jun 21, 2012
More bad stuff coming soon.............
money

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jun 24, 2012
Did the city ever pay back their loan? Not too long ago it was in the paper that they still owed it?
Off and Running

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jun 29, 2012
Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

June 28, 2012

Cave City mayor’s race gains interest

By GINA KINSLOW
Glasgow Daily Times

CAVE CITY — At least one person plans to file for election to Cave City's mayor seat in August.

“That's my intentions,” said Dwayne Hatcher on Thursday.

Hatcher, a former Cave City councilman, has not yet filed for the seat.

He and others who may be interested in the mayor's office have until 4 p.m. on Aug. 14 to file for the November 2012 election.

The election winner will serve the unexpired term of former Mayor Bob Hunt's term, or until December 2014.

Hatcher said he plans to file for the seat within the next couple of weeks. He aspires to be mayor of Cave City, because he said he wants “to see Cave City and Barren County hopefully prosper to the best of their capabilities. I just think Cave City still has a lot of potential and to just simply bring the community together and I think the possibilities are unlimited if we can get everyone working together again and go forward and see what happens.”

Hatcher ran for the mayor's seat in 2010 and lost to Hunt by two votes
will your vote count

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jul 3, 2012
It would be nice to hear something from public officials that the Cave City boundary issue has been fixed and voters will be in good hands in November.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#6 Jul 3, 2012
will your vote count wrote:
It would be nice to hear something from public officials that the Cave City boundary issue has been fixed and voters will be in good hands in November.
The only way that will happen is if pam fixed it before she was fired otherwise hatcher needs to get his a&& in gear and get something done about it before he uses it as leverage when he is a sore loser. He knew about the maps the last time because he was on council and "assumed it was fixed" when the election happened according to his wifes comments.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#7 Jul 3, 2012
I dont know who the idiots are that keep marking my post as nuts or clueless when in fact you are the clueless one trying to ignore the real facts. Hatchers wife posted that yes they knew about the maps and assumed they were fixed. So I dont know how one can disagree with the facts. Pam needed to get the maps fixed if she is gone now then it may be fixed it may not be. I guess checking with the county and state to see if updated maps are in place is your alternate option.
Bob

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Jul 3, 2012
Simple, me winning the mayors race. Let's party
Bob Less

Glasgow, KY

#9 Jul 5, 2012
I hear a showdown is coming......
concerned business owner

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 7, 2012
How many businesses has Cave City lost in the last year?

How many new businesses have started up?

Anyone care to bet if it is a net gain or a net loss?
A New Day

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jul 8, 2012
With the new police officer that was put into the job without any training, it could be the police department.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#12 Jul 8, 2012
A New Day wrote:
With the new police officer that was put into the job without any training, it could be the police department.
Lets not start rumors now...In order to be a licensed police officer they need to attend a police academy for training. You may call the new guy a rookie but he does have some training or I dont believe that Ky would license him/her.
MGrams

Waconia, MN

#13 Jul 8, 2012
Let me add deputising a person limits what they can and cant do. For example if the council decided to hire a person non-licensed in law enforcement to patrol the city they can do this. The mayor would have to hire or fire the person and their law enforcement powers is limited to what the law allows a deputised or civil officer can do.
betcha not

Glasgow, KY

#14 Jul 12, 2012
They gonna use surplus auction money to pay down the city debt?
puzzled

Glasgow, KY

#16 Jul 14, 2012
What's going on at the convention center that its at the top of the list?
Bob

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jul 17, 2012
I was in Cave City today and lost count of all the businesses for sale. Then if you add in all the empty buildings that have already closed down, it is a wonder that anyone visits the area or decides to live there.
hire locally

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jul 19, 2012
Still have not seen any ads for the convention center hiring a new director. Is the City Council trying to keep it a secret? Surely there is someone in Cave City that can run the place.
locals need not apply

Glasgow, KY

#19 Jul 25, 2012
hire locally wrote:
Still have not seen any ads for the convention center hiring a new director. Is the City Council trying to keep it a secret? Surely there is someone in Cave City that can run the place.
They must not be advertising locally - guess there aren't any qualified locals?

Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY
July 24, 2012
Search continues for new CCCC director

By GINA KINSLOW
Glasgow Daily Times

CAVE CITY — The deadline for hiring a new executive director for the Cave City Convention Center is fast approaching.

Those interested in the job have until July 31 to submit their applications for the position.

It is unclear how many applications the Cave City Tourism and Convention Commission have received.

“We haven’t counted them,” said Mary Lou Carey, chair of the tourism commission’s board of directors.“We are not going to go over them until Aug. 1. We haven’t done anything to them yet.”

Carey anticipates the board will begin reviewing the applications on Aug. 1, after which they will start lining up interviews.
gotta be eDuCatEd

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jul 25, 2012
locals need not apply wrote:
<quoted text>
They must not be advertising locally - guess there aren't any qualified locals?
Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY
July 24, 2012
Search continues for new CCCC director
By GINA KINSLOW
Glasgow Daily Times
CAVE CITY — The deadline for hiring a new executive director for the Cave City Convention Center is fast approaching.
Those interested in the job have until July 31 to submit their applications for the position.
It is unclear how many applications the Cave City Tourism and Convention Commission have received.
“We haven’t counted them,” said Mary Lou Carey, chair of the tourism commission’s board of directors.“We are not going to go over them until Aug. 1. We haven’t done anything to them yet.”
Carey anticipates the board will begin reviewing the applications on Aug. 1, after which they will start lining up interviews.
You need to get the paper and read the rest of the article:

"We don’t want somebody who is not educated." their board chairman said.

I guess that rules out all the locals......
spanky

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jul 25, 2012
don't know about how much education they want but would bet heavily that they would want actual convention center experience---make that sucessful convention center experience. for 50 or 60k they don't want ojt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do men that have had affair really think o... (Jan '12) 2 hr joanne 1,159
Fight For $15 3 hr Anoher One 4
Could not having a Facebook account be a sign t... (Aug '12) 3 hr Right 53
What has happened on 31e south 3 hr Cynthia 2
rehab 5 hr Stuart 2
song about hart county? 5 hr Gone Country 34
lady colonels 5 hr Proud parent 22
More from around the web

Cave City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]