Since: Sep 08

Winchester, KY

#1 Oct 1, 2008
You really should try and come to the Good Ol' Days. It should be a great, family time. There is a concert on Friday and lots of other things during the day Saturday. Come and join us!!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 2, 2008
You're a great P.R. machine for Cave City!
They're lucky to have ya! The concert's going to be awesome. Can hardly wait.

Waynesboro, TN

#3 Oct 2, 2008
Wolverine2 wrote:
You're a great P.R. machine for Cave City!
They're lucky to have ya! The concert's going to be awesome. Can hardly wait.
I learned from the best.:) I can hardly wait either.

Winchester, KY

#4 Oct 3, 2008
justakitten wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned from the best.:) I can hardly wait either.

Leaving Danville, KY for Cave City in a few minutes. Can't wait for the concert and Good Ol' Days tomorrow. Ya'll come on out and join us. The weather is supposed to be great and a good time will be had by all. My Hubby is bringing an entry for the car show. Come see the coolest El Camino in KY.:)
trip

Glasgow, KY

#5 Oct 3, 2008
You all be careful, you hear!!!

Winchester, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2008
Absolutely!! Always careful.:)
Loved it

Glasgow, KY

#7 Oct 3, 2008
The concert was awesome!!!!!!

Winchester, KY

#8 Oct 5, 2008
Yes it was a great evening. The Good Ol Days was mainly downtown again this year. We didn't have too many visitors out at the convention center. : (
skinnie 1

Baldwin City, KS

#9 Oct 5, 2008
justakitten wrote:
Yes it was a great evening. The Good Ol Days was mainly downtown again this year. We didn't have too many visitors out at the convention center.:(
That is where it should be, down town not at the convention center.
Loved it

Glasgow, KY

#10 Oct 5, 2008
I personally like it the way it is. You don't have to worry about the weather. There's plenty of parking. It's perfect for pageants, concerts and the food. Plus the restroom facilities are much better than having to use port-a-potties.

Can anyone tell me why it was better downtown? You keep wanting it back downtown because you say that's where it should be and it was better downtown. Why??

Would you rather not call it the Good Ole Days and just have the activities at the Convention Center?

This year the following were all downtown: car show, kareoke contest, Kevin Smith concert at the gazebo, children's parade, pioneer parade.

If you don't like it, why haven't you stepped up to be on the committee and volunteer to do something instead of just complaining about it???

Winchester, KY

#11 Oct 5, 2008
Loved it wrote:
I personally like it the way it is. You don't have to worry about the weather. There's plenty of parking. It's perfect for pageants, concerts and the food. Plus the restroom facilities are much better than having to use port-a-potties.
Can anyone tell me why it was better downtown? You keep wanting it back downtown because you say that's where it should be and it was better downtown. Why??
Would you rather not call it the Good Ole Days and just have the activities at the Convention Center?
This year the following were all downtown: car show, kareoke contest, Kevin Smith concert at the gazebo, children's parade, pioneer parade.
If you don't like it, why haven't you stepped up to be on the committee and volunteer to do something instead of just complaining about it???
I have said before, I don't get to see much as I volunteer in the Family History Room. We didn't have much traffic with all the events downtown but we can work around that next year if that is the way it is going to be. We only need an inside place with tables and some plugs and wireless internet. We will work on that if everyone likes it downtown. We can be flexible.:)
My 2 cents

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Oct 6, 2008
The judges of the talent contest sucked...hope you select better ones next year.
doris

Glasgow, KY

#13 Oct 6, 2008
My 2 cents wrote:
The judges of the talent contest sucked...hope you select better ones next year.
when is the good ole days?
My 2 cents

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Oct 6, 2008
You missed it, hun. It was this past weekend.
Debbie

Glasgow, KY

#15 Oct 6, 2008
it was last weekend

Waynesboro, TN

#16 Oct 6, 2008
My 2 cents wrote:
Sorry but you will have to talk to someone else. I have no input in the judges or anything to do with the contest.
Concern for Cave City

United States

#17 Oct 7, 2008
Once again, we see one of Cave City's traditions thrown to the way side. I would like to see the rides brought back and more bands. You want to attract people to the city for revenue (MONEY). Look at Horse Cave, traditional Heritage Days is better the Cave City's little dump for a festival. Come on Council and Mayor fo something about it. Oh, my bust, you can't even figure out how to run a city much less a festival.

Waynesboro, TN

#18 Oct 7, 2008
Concern for Cave City wrote:
Once again, we see one of Cave City's traditions thrown to the way side. I would like to see the rides brought back and more bands. You want to attract people to the city for revenue (MONEY). Look at Horse Cave, traditional Heritage Days is better the Cave City's little dump for a festival. Come on Council and Mayor fo something about it. Oh, my bust, you can't even figure out how to run a city much less a festival.
Once again, if you want to see it changes, then volunteer to help with next years Good Ol' Days and help make it better for everyone. One person can not make or break a festival but every one has something to contribute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malania Thump 1 hr Live Free 32
Horse cave adult book store right now (Jul '14) 1 hr Quickfuck 234
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '15) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 539
How Do You Know... 2 hr curious 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CriminalsForever 149,625
Write in Rudy Runyon, the only honest cadidate ... 6 hr Go Gary 4
dope runers and scamers 6 hr Long time coming 3

Cave City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cave City Mortgages