people of cave city who r gone but no...
well

Cave City, KY

#21 Feb 24, 2009
An American wrote:
Nellie Steen. Sweetest woman I ever knew. I use to live across the street from her growing up and would go over and play chinese checkers with her. She was and still is truly an angel.
we lived by Nellie for a few years, she love my little girl and it broke my heart when we moved,she was a kind, kind soul that I think about often
what

Munfordville, KY

#22 Feb 24, 2009
yes i have a sock doll that she made me when i was a little girl. she was a very sweet lady and she will never be forgotten.
An American

Glasgow, KY

#23 Feb 24, 2009
Redbird wrote:
I now know who you are "An American"! I will always love you all and you will always have a special place in my heart!! LOL
I thought telling where I use to live growing up would give it away. Glad to hear the twins are doing well. Tell her she should have waited for me though, since I'm divorced now. LOL
well

Cave City, KY

#24 Feb 24, 2009
what wrote:
yes i have a sock doll that she made me when i was a little girl. she was a very sweet lady and she will never be forgotten.
she made my daughter one for her first birthday,we still have it somewhere
An American

Glasgow, KY

#25 Feb 24, 2009
what wrote:
We had one of her "sock dolls" too but it got misplaced over the years. Nellie was a talented, wonderful woman and her life was a living testimonial of how we all should live.
Trina Ready

Munfordville, KY

#26 Feb 24, 2009
Jessica wrote:
My mom was the best person ever her name was Vickey Houchens and I miss her everyday! I see her in my two beautiful girls and wish she could be here to see them grow!
Jess,
Vicky sure was a wonderful person,...I miss her too.
well

Cave City, KY

#27 Feb 24, 2009
An American wrote:
<quoted text>We had one of her "sock dolls" too but it got misplaced over the years. Nellie was a talented, wonderful woman and her life was a living testimonial of how we all should live.
my husband used to go over there when she needed something done,one day he knocked on the door and he heard thump, thump thump ,thump and knocked again,kept hearing the thumping so he kept knocking,she finally came to the door and said I am so sorry I didnt hear you I was jumping rope and she was in her mid 80s then, other times she would get her push mower out and mow her grass a little,and he asked her why because he always mowed and she said it helped her muscles, other times I would take her to the store and she would walk home,even though I tried to make her get in the car,she said she needed the exercise, and no matter how many times I took her to town she would leave a dollar or 2 and I could not make her take it back, she sometimes brought us homemade bread and stuff,,we got really close,she would call me and tell me she had something for my lil girl and to send her over, my lil girl was 1 running across the yard to her back door, also I might add Mae Matthews was another one I thought the world of
Redbird

Glasgow, KY

#28 Feb 24, 2009
An American wrote:
<quoted text>I thought telling where I use to live growing up would give it away. Glad to hear the twins are doing well. Tell her she should have waited for me though, since I'm divorced now. LOL
You would have made a dang good Son-In-Law TOO!!!! And that's the truth!!! I would have been proud! LOL!
melody

Glasgow, KY

#29 Feb 24, 2009
Sherman Carey he was a wonderful man. please dont forget about him.
Sunshine on a Rainy Day

Glasgow, KY

#30 Feb 24, 2009
There are several more who are gone but not forgotten such as: Frill and Edith Adwell, Genia Dennison, Homer and Lucille Coats, Maude and Veachel Hunter, Christine Demunbrun, Lizzie and Mike Meredith and so many, many more. I miss them all and I am sure heaven will be even better with all those who have been mentioned here. I knew everyone of them and also miss them dearly. Can't wait to get home for that great homecoming in heaven.
cave city resident

Glasgow, KY

#31 Feb 24, 2009
yes sherman was a good man. he is very much missed by family and friends.
grandson

Horse Cave, KY

#32 Feb 24, 2009
my grandmothers was good people i loved them so much millie minor and hattie gossett i miss them every day goes by.i never heard nothing bad on them ever they worked hard and had wonderful familys i love them.
Annie

Horse Cave, KY

#33 Feb 24, 2009
I miss those who have been mentioned, as well. I also miss Johnny and Pearl Minor, Lonnie and Ada Hatcher, Granville and Lillie Minor, Hershel Hatcher, Joe and Frances Hatcher, Cecil Minor, Charlie and Gladys Laird, Bob and Annie Bell Laird, Bill and Maedell Carey, Edith Hogan, Irene Hather, Mr and Mrs RT Smith (used to run the old Dairy Queen), Sandra Hunt Henderson, Charles Cooper, Creta Sturgeon, Mr and Mrs Jack Borden and many many others. They live on in my heart, though.
Redbird

Glasgow, KY

#34 Feb 25, 2009
Hard to believe but most all these people touched my life!Most of them are kinfolk on one side or the other! Some mentioned on here was a BIG part of my life in many ways!My Mom,Daddy, Stepfather,Grandmother!!My half-Sisters,Bessie Houchens and Clara Fields!They kept me a lot when I was growing up!I still miss them,always will!Many ,many more of theses and others!No wonder I always felt safe and very loved, know matter where I went!That is saying a whole lot about this area and its citizens who have gone on!! That is the very reason why I love this place till this day and I always will!!
what

Munfordville, KY

#35 Feb 25, 2009
Annie wrote:
I miss those who have been mentioned, as well. I also miss Johnny and Pearl Minor, Lonnie and Ada Hatcher, Granville and Lillie Minor, Hershel Hatcher, Joe and Frances Hatcher, Cecil Minor, Charlie and Gladys Laird, Bob and Annie Bell Laird, Bill and Maedell Carey, Edith Hogan, Irene Hather, Mr and Mrs RT Smith (used to run the old Dairy Queen), Sandra Hunt Henderson, Charles Cooper, Creta Sturgeon, Mr and Mrs Jack Borden and many many others. They live on in my heart, though.
lets don't forget Thomas minor,Floyd Minor,Wesley Minor,Lula and Jean Minor,Michael Minor,Geraldine Minor,Helen C.Minor,Laura I. Gossett,Gracie Mae Sturgeon,Calvin Pruitt,Archie and Nell Sturgeon,the list can just keep going and going. So many have already gone on, but 1 day I know I will get to see them all again.
An American

Glasgow, KY

#36 Feb 25, 2009
I know what you mean Redbird. Clara and Daniel Fields were like second grandparents to me. And can't forget Damon. I learned alot from Daniel and Damon thru the years.
Redbird

Glasgow, KY

#37 Feb 25, 2009
An American wrote:
I know what you mean Redbird. Clara and Daniel Fields were like second grandparents to me. And can't forget Damon. I learned alot from Daniel and Damon thru the years.
You got it they were some of the best! LOL!
mammoth cave worker

Glasgow, KY

#38 Feb 25, 2009
another one missed is J.R. CRAINE. i worked with him at Mammoth Cave National Park. he was a good person. he would joke and cutt up alot. sure was a good worker too. we all miss him at work. its not the same without him there. my prayers are with his wife and children and other family members.
remembering

Munfordville, KY

#39 Feb 25, 2009
mammoth cave worker wrote:
another one missed is J.R. CRAINE. i worked with him at Mammoth Cave National Park. he was a good person. he would joke and cutt up alot. sure was a good worker too. we all miss him at work. its not the same without him there. my prayers are with his wife and children and other family members.
let's also keep his mother in our prayers. she is very sick now.she is a very sweet lady. i think a lot of her.
Average Joe

Glasgow, KY

#40 Feb 25, 2009
Just for everyone's information...... it may not yet be known..Bob Hunt now has a web site that you may want to visit. You can read memorials as well as view videos for some of the deceased.

Below is a link to that site:

http://www.bobhuntfuneralchapel.com/index2.ph...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Chilli J 138,590
Jeremy rhinehart 34 min Hmmm 2
any women in glasgow (Oct '14) 2 hr swayze 20
NEW DEPUTIES at the hart county sheriffs office 2 hr joe 4
doea anyone know jennifer logsdon (Oct '09) 3 hr Who doesnt know her 9
Holiday inn. in cave city ky....or ROACH MOTEL.... 22 hr Who Cares 2
The new black liquor store 22 hr Who Cares 11
More from around the web

Cave City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]