Caverna High School
concerned parent

Murfreesboro, TN

#42 Sep 5, 2008
Mrs.Lindsey is an unfair principal, she always has been that way and as long as shes principal I dont see CHS growing in any areas. The central office needs to start cleaning out the high school and putting all new directors starting from the principal on down. And they need to do random drug tests on those athletes becuase from what I see and hear they be getting tore up.....
Another issue that needs to be addressed is the teen pregnacy rate at CHS every time you turn around there is another girl pregnant, and then they have the nerve to vote in a young lady from the junior class thats pregnant to represent the juniors as ms.junior.What a role model this a message being sent to girls that its ok to become pregnat while you're still in school. They need to cover safe sex methods all over again....
One who knows

Glasgow, KY

#43 Sep 5, 2008
Amen to that. There's teen pregnancies everywhere, but when you're talking percentages of girls in a school, there's no comparison to CHS. I mean, there's only about 120 girls there, so even 10 or 12 is like ten percent or so. Lindsey's saying their ACT scores are "close" to everybody else. Sure they are, because last years junior class was great. Check them out this year and see what they do.
tired of it

Glasgow, KY

#44 Sep 5, 2008
One who knows wrote:
Amen to that. There's teen pregnancies everywhere, but when you're talking percentages of girls in a school, there's no comparison to CHS. I mean, there's only about 120 girls there, so even 10 or 12 is like ten percent or so. Lindsey's saying their ACT scores are "close" to everybody else. Sure they are, because last years junior class was great. Check them out this year and see what they do.
Saying you are "one who knows" doesn't make it so. So are you talking based upon FACTS or are you just slinging mud at CHS? You say "there's no comparison to CHS" regarding the percentage of girls who are pregnant. Why don't you tell us honestly how many are pregnant?? I would like to know the facts!

Some of you who are on here are always dogging Mrs Lindsey. There is no way that she can do anything to please some of you. Some of us who live in this community are sick and tired of hearing all the put-downs and belly aching. She is trying hard to help the young people at CHS to get a good education and be productive citizens in this world. It's time that folks offer to help instead of screaming, complaining and gripping. We do not want the same atmosphere in the schools that have been seen in the city governments for the past year or so. Give it a break.
One who knows

Glasgow, KY

#45 Sep 6, 2008
She doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy rate. But every other thing that's wrong with that school originates with her or Dick. It's a corrupt system from the top down, cronyism at its worst. If you don't have a kid there or have never worked there, you don't know. I've done both. And I don't complain because I didn't get my way. I complain because I can't believe some of the tricks they pull and get away with. For instance board and site based meetings that begin with the phrase "I know this is illegal, but we need to..." I've heard this with my own ears. LOTS of folks have tried to help, but Lindsey either runs them out of the building or spreads enough rumors on them they can't stand to be there. She treats her employees like servants, and her students like crap. I know the teachers that were on the site based council that hired her, and I've had two of them tell me it was the worst mistake they've ever made as educators. She's a power-hungry, back-stabbing, butt-kissing principal who doesn't care at all about students, encourages them to quit school and get on-line high school diplomas that require nothing but a credit card. You see, they're not considered dropouts by the state if they do that. So her numbers still look good. I could go on, but this post is already too long.
agree

Cave City, KY

#46 Sep 6, 2008
One who knows wrote:
She doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy rate. But every other thing that's wrong with that school originates with her or Dick. It's a corrupt system from the top down, cronyism at its worst. If you don't have a kid there or have never worked there, you don't know. I've done both. And I don't complain because I didn't get my way. I complain because I can't believe some of the tricks they pull and get away with. For instance board and site based meetings that begin with the phrase "I know this is illegal, but we need to..." I've heard this with my own ears. LOTS of folks have tried to help, but Lindsey either runs them out of the building or spreads enough rumors on them they can't stand to be there. She treats her employees like servants, and her students like crap. I know the teachers that were on the site based council that hired her, and I've had two of them tell me it was the worst mistake they've ever made as educators. She's a power-hungry, back-stabbing, butt-kissing principal who doesn't care at all about students, encourages them to quit school and get on-line high school diplomas that require nothing but a credit card. You see, they're not considered dropouts by the state if they do that. So her numbers still look good. I could go on, but this post is already too long.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

Dr. Dick tried to get her hired at the Elementary School and the Middle School. They were the only SBDM councils that had enough balls to stand up to him and not hire her as Principal. From what I hear, he has been pissed off at Wyatt and Nesbitt for being better than her.
alumni of caverna

Glasgow, KY

#47 Sep 6, 2008
as a student at caverna high school i find some of the things yall are saying offensive....for example the whole electing a pregnant junior as mrs.junior isnt a good thing to do..umm do you know her? evadently not b/c she is a very sweet girl and just b/c shes pregnant dont mean nothing.they didnt elect her b/c she was pregnant they elected her for her.
also putting mrs.lindsey down is stupid she is a good principal and she does try her best..."one who knows" you act like caverna is horrible just b/c we have pregnant people in our school....there is not that many pregnant people there not 10 or 12 like you said..i go there i would know and pregnancies are happening everyday and at different schools NOT just caverna so quit putting our school down.

the hawkins deal.......they were both great teachers and what happened is that mrs. hawkins didnt have enough teaching years and you have to have so many to stay at one school so she couldnt stay there and mr. hawkins left with her....so if you dont know the real facts about them then keep your mouth shut.

all of the teachers and some of the students at caverna are great so find something else to talk about besides our scores or how many pregnant people are in our school
One who knows

Glasgow, KY

#48 Sep 7, 2008
alumni of caverna wrote:
as a student at caverna high school i find some of the things yall are saying offensive....for example the whole electing a pregnant junior as mrs.junior isnt a good thing to do..umm do you know her? evadently not b/c she is a very sweet girl and just b/c shes pregnant dont mean nothing.they didnt elect her b/c she was pregnant they elected her for her.
also putting mrs.lindsey down is stupid she is a good principal and she does try her best..."one who knows" you act like caverna is horrible just b/c we have pregnant people in our school....there is not that many pregnant people there not 10 or 12 like you said..i go there i would know and pregnancies are happening everyday and at different schools NOT just caverna so quit putting our school down.
the hawkins deal.......they were both great teachers and what happened is that mrs. hawkins didnt have enough teaching years and you have to have so many to stay at one school so she couldnt stay there and mr. hawkins left with her....so if you dont know the real facts about them then keep your mouth shut.
all of the teachers and some of the students at caverna are great so find something else to talk about besides our scores or how many pregnant people are in our school
I absolutely agree with you that there are teen pregnancies in other schools. But on terms of pregnancies per number of girls in a school (percentage) CHS is highest I'm sure.
As far as the "hawkins deal" you have no idea how the education system works, obviously. If what you say is true, how does any teacher stay anywhere when they first start out? I know the facts about them, saw it all firsthand. Lindsey didn't like them because parents and students and other teachers did, and Mr. Hawkins had the backbone to stand up to her and told her what he thought, so she forced them both out. I don't know who you are, but if you're still in high school I urge you to transfer somewhere else and see how good the other schools around CHS are. Then, if you still feel that strongly about CHS, create an informed opinion. But let me caution you, an "easy" time in high school only hurts you later on. Better to have rigorous classes in high school and learn something that will pay off later on.
Cheryl

Glasgow, KY

#49 Sep 7, 2008
I think parents of children who attend other schools should not be urging children who go to Caverna to transfer to another school. These children have parents and THEY are the ones who should be helping them with those decisions.
The way I look at it you chose to send your child either to Barren or Hart County which is fine, but would you want me to be "URGING" your child to go elsewhere. I think not!!! and I would never do that.
All I am saying is if your child doesnt attend Caverna shut up because you really and truly dont know what goes on you are going on rumors and hearsay!
I read alot of these forums just for gaining information on the other schools. If you will read more of what these kids say you can find out alot about how HART AND BARREN COUNTY too. Caverna kids are a special bunch of young men and ladies they are like family to each other. They are there for each other through thick and thin.

IMHO on the teen pregnancy if you know so much you would know that there is only one young lady pregnant at the high school but if I am wrong I will definitely let you know. So whats the percentage on that!

CAVERNA takes the hits because it is a smaller school and it is easier to know everyones business. People sweep your own schools porches and leave Caverna alone the students, parents, teachers and administrators will sweep its porch ourselves.
tired of it

Glasgow, KY

#50 Sep 7, 2008
Dear "one who knows":
You have been on this board making all kinds of outrageous statements and I challenged you on one where you claimed that the % of girls pregnant at Caverna High School was very high and you even tried to insinuate there were 10 to 12% of 120 girls there pregnant. I ask you for the proof and you haven't given it.
You also made this statement:[board and site based meetings that begin with the phrase "I know this is illegal, but we need to..." I've heard this with my own ears.] This was verified in regard to the "board" and it is absolutely NOT true. It has not yet been verified if it was said at a "site based" council. If it was said, it was probably taken out of context.
I think someone "nailed it" in a previous post. Most of the garbage that is being written on here are from people who have been let go and they have a vendetta against the school.
One more thing. You said in the last post: "But let me caution you, an "easy" time in high school only hurts you later on. Better to have rigorous classes in high school and learn something that will pay off later on." I couldn't agree with you more. It was for that reason I was told that Ms. Lindsey and the site based council took the action they did and presented it to the board that CHS drop the 3 level of diplomas and go to a college prep level diploma, thus raising the expections of all graduates. Some people didn't like that action, but it appears it was the right decision.
I totally agree with the previous comments made by Cheryl. Thank you for what you wrote. It is refreshing to know that there are actually a few people who are realize what the leadership at Caverna schools are trying to accomplish. I for one am sick and tired of the bashing that some are guilty of on this list against Caverna. It's time to stop and move on.
One who knows

Glasgow, KY

#51 Sep 7, 2008
Cheryl wrote:
I think parents of children who attend other schools should not be urging children who go to Caverna to transfer to another school. These children have parents and THEY are the ones who should be helping them with those decisions.
The way I look at it you chose to send your child either to Barren or Hart County which is fine, but would you want me to be "URGING" your child to go elsewhere. I think not!!! and I would never do that.
All I am saying is if your child doesnt attend Caverna shut up because you really and truly dont know what goes on you are going on rumors and hearsay!
I read alot of these forums just for gaining information on the other schools. If you will read more of what these kids say you can find out alot about how HART AND BARREN COUNTY too. Caverna kids are a special bunch of young men and ladies they are like family to each other. They are there for each other through thick and thin.
IMHO on the teen pregnancy if you know so much you would know that there is only one young lady pregnant at the high school but if I am wrong I will definitely let you know. So whats the percentage on that!
CAVERNA takes the hits because it is a smaller school and it is easier to know everyones business. People sweep your own schools porches and leave Caverna alone the students, parents, teachers and administrators will sweep its porch ourselves.
Ma'am, there are many problems in the county schools. Every parent with a child in any school in any county can name you at least one instance where a teacher got hired because of who they were, a principal got fired for no reason, a parent got ticked off for a stupid reason.

I'm talking about quality of education, and the morals of the people who supposedly have the best interests of the students at heart. And I have seen firsthand (not hearsay, rumors, or secondhand talk) the things that go on at the Caverna High School, Middle School, and Central office, and I will never, ever send my child to any Caverna school while Sam Dick is superintendent, Barry Nesbitt is middle school principal, and Debbi Paradise Lindsey is high school principal. I urge others to look around, and see for themselves. I did. If I have to drive thirty minutes one way to take my children to a county school, so be it. At least then I can have the peace of mind that they are being seen after by administrators who try to do their jobs to the best of their ability, rather than milk the system for all it's worth.
One who knows

Glasgow, KY

#52 Sep 7, 2008
tired of it wrote:
Dear "one who knows":
You have been on this board making all kinds of outrageous statements and I challenged you on one where you claimed that the % of girls pregnant at Caverna High School was very high and you even tried to insinuate there were 10 to 12% of 120 girls there pregnant. I ask you for the proof and you haven't given it.
You also made this statement:[board and site based meetings that begin with the phrase "I know this is illegal, but we need to..." I've heard this with my own ears.] This was verified in regard to the "board" and it is absolutely NOT true. It has not yet been verified if it was said at a "site based" council. If it was said, it was probably taken out of context.
I think someone "nailed it" in a previous post. Most of the garbage that is being written on here are from people who have been let go and they have a vendetta against the school.
One more thing. You said in the last post: "But let me caution you, an "easy" time in high school only hurts you later on. Better to have rigorous classes in high school and learn something that will pay off later on." I couldn't agree with you more. It was for that reason I was told that Ms. Lindsey and the site based council took the action they did and presented it to the board that CHS drop the 3 level of diplomas and go to a college prep level diploma, thus raising the expections of all graduates. Some people didn't like that action, but it appears it was the right decision.
I totally agree with the previous comments made by Cheryl. Thank you for what you wrote. It is refreshing to know that there are actually a few people who are realize what the leadership at Caverna schools are trying to accomplish. I for one am sick and tired of the bashing that some are guilty of on this list against Caverna. It's time to stop and move on.
You're absolutely right. Stop sending your kids to Caverna and move on somewhere else where they can get a decent education. The college prep diploma might even actually mean something if you didn't take a glance at test scores. Compare the last three or four years with surrounding schools. Don't just pick out one year, that's not enough data. Then, perhaps, my points might mean something to informed readers.
enough already

Glasgow, KY

#53 Sep 7, 2008
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma'am, there are many problems in the county schools. Every parent with a child in any school in any county can name you at least one instance where a teacher got hired because of who they were, a principal got fired for no reason, a parent got ticked off for a stupid reason.
I'm talking about quality of education, and the morals of the people who supposedly have the best interests of the students at heart. And I have seen firsthand (not hearsay, rumors, or secondhand talk) the things that go on at the Caverna High School, Middle School, and Central office, and I will never, ever send my child to any Caverna school while Sam Dick is superintendent, Barry Nesbitt is middle school principal, and Debbi Paradise Lindsey is high school principal. I urge others to look around, and see for themselves. I did. If I have to drive thirty minutes one way to take my children to a county school, so be it. At least then I can have the peace of mind that they are being seen after by administrators who try to do their jobs to the best of their ability, rather than milk the system for all it's worth.
Dear OneWhoKnows,

Its obvious you dont like Caverna, so put a sock in it and move on. It's ok that you dont like us, people have a right to their own oponion. We don't like you either. Caverna Rocks and it's just that simple. If you dont agree, hate it for ya!(and there is a dance that goes with that)
2011baby

Glasgow, KY

#54 Sep 7, 2008
i am agreeing with cheryl...there is only one girl at that school that is pregnant i go there and i know who she is and i know that no one else is.
and i have been to three other schools but i like caverna the best by far...it is a great school and the people in it are just like family. and i plan to stay at caverna regardless of what you say "one who knows" and evadently you dont know much..."easy" time in high school...have you went to caverna? its not as easy as you say

the mr.hawkins deal yeah i may not know how the system works but mrs.lindsey isnt as bad as you say she is so i really doubt she had anything to do with them leaving..did you hear this with your own ears from either one of them?
Hawkins

Glasgow, KY

#55 Sep 7, 2008
I received a phone call that my wife and I were being talked about on here. I've been reading through the posts, and several of them have truths in them, I think, but all are clouded in a swirl of he-said/she-said nonsense.

First of all, I would personally appreciate it if nothing could be brought up about my or my wife's departure from Caverna. Circumstances showed me that my place was no longer meant to be there, and my wife's the same. I can't say I was surprised that either of us were released at the end of our yearly contracts, but the administration was ready for us to leave, and we were ready as well. The reasons for that were clear to all parties involved, I'm sure. We've both moved on, and that's that. So if you could just leave us out of the mudslinging, I'd appreciate it.

Secondly, if you're on here and go to school at Caverna, you're fortunate to be in a small community. Relationships are important. Use it to your advantage, but above all, learn. If you go to school somewhere else, do the same thing in your larger community, as you are fortunate as well to have so many choices in your studies. I agree with the person saying to compare test scores. That makes sense. I also agree with the person saying that there are fewer teen pregnancies. I never saw a lot of them, but that's not the teacher's fault anyway, they have to deal with them too. There are lots of things teachers have to deal with that aren't necessarily brought on by them or can be fixed by them. But we try to do the best we can, no matter who is against us.

Lastly, if you're not happy with Caverna, there are plenty of steps to take to try to get happy. Call a teacher, call a principal, call the central office, go to meetings. They are advertised constantly, the law requires the public to be notified before every meeting. Run for SBDM parent at your school. Caverna has its good points and bad points, just like any other school. I will neither advocate nor defend Caverna, as I no longer have any stake in the district.
baby

Nashville, TN

#56 Sep 8, 2008
why cry and talking about it on here for ????
Hawkins

Glasgow, KY

#57 Sep 9, 2008
I'm just trying to keep my name and my wife's name clean. We still have lives after Caverna, quite good ones actually. We really don't need some unfounded rumor started about either one of us like has been started in the past by certain someones. The lies that have been told about us are numerous, and continue to follow us even now that neither one of us have any connection to Caverna. I saw someone mention vendettas earlier, and I'm pretty sure someone must have one out for us, considering all the lies I've been told and their sources.
wooh

Glasgow, KY

#58 Sep 9, 2008
we love you Hawkins!!!!! woooooooohhh!!!!
Autumn

Glasgow, KY

#59 Sep 9, 2008
okay, first off if u dont go to caverna and u never have u cant say sh!t abt it. u dont know what goes on or at caverna and teen pregnancy?. i think yaw should mind ya own cause thats there business and not urs and that junior i happen to know her and shes one of the sweetest ppl i know and she will be a great mother and im guessin you aint her momma so back the f*ck up. u dont know her. and -concerned parent- u supposed to be grown how in the h3ll u gon get on here and tlk abt a 16 yr old girl?. would u want some other parent tlkin abt your child if she was pregnant? i rlly dont think so and it dont matter what school you go to b/c it happens everywhere whether u like it or not. and another thing pregnancy aint a bad thing its A GIFT FROM GOD. and if you can argue with that then u on some otha sh!t.
2011 baby

Glasgow, KY

#60 Sep 14, 2008
we love and miss you hawkins!!!!!
go autumn i totally agree!!
cms student

AOL

#61 Sep 26, 2008
as a caverna student I'll tell you we are not the smartest school but at least caverna students know how to spell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pride Days 2017 10 hr Randall mckenzie 2
Why so many people like pain pills Mon Someone knows them 1
City vehicles Mon Freedom from corr... 3
The witch that walks all over town (Feb '17) Sun Fact 19
Sylvia McGuire Sep 23 Jimmy Evans 5
Woman that digs in trash at mcdonalds (Aug '16) Sep 16 absher 12
keith poynter (Sep '08) Sep 15 PROOF HE DID IT 67

Cave City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cave City Mortgages