Cavalier Air Force Station in ND mark...

Cavalier Air Force Station in ND marks 35 years

There are 1 comment on the Valley News Live story from Oct 12, 2012, titled Cavalier Air Force Station in ND marks 35 years. In it, Valley News Live reports that:

During the Cold War, the radar station's purpose was to track enemy ballistic missiles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Valley News Live.

Donald Good

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Oct 12, 2012
In 1972, a group of GE Engineers from Syracuse, NY and support personnel moved to North Dakota to start the assembly and test of a large UHF RADAR site capable of tracking 3000 Soviet Missiles, missiles launched toward and intended to destroy our missile fields and military targets. The PAR site would track the incoming missiles and hand off their trajectories to multi-faced Phased Array RADARS in Langdon that would launch intercept missiles to destroy the threat.
Our 10 story site (that includes mezzanines) has since being turned into a Space Object Tracking station. I love it! Keep this girl alive and use her capability.
I was responsible for the 6144 Phase shifters, the 6144 active folded dipole antenna elements plus the dummies, the Beam Forming Network...all the Antenna equipment. I would report daily on the progress by using color coded charts (thanks Crayon). I later became the 'Maintenance Supervisor'. The Signal Processing guys were such elitists but I knew their hardware and we soon had mutual respect.
Would love to visit 'my girl' again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cavalier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in North Dako... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Nidoe 25
Family History - St. Thomas, ND (Jul '14) Jul '14 John 1
the larg est free sex singles site!! (Sep '13) May '14 Joe T 2
News Flooding forces 1,300 from their homes in North... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Harry 1
News WASLASKI v. STATE (Sep '13) Sep '13 Harry 1
News Correction: North Dakota Flooding story (May '13) Sep '13 Larry 2
News Grafton buttons up for second round of spring f... (Jun '13) Jun '13 jason 1
More from around the web

Cavalier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cavalier Mortgages