Former Catoosa Police Officer Gets Probation, Not Jail Time

Full story: News on 6 Tulsa

The former assistant police chief of Catoosa will avoid prison time. Paul Whitmire pleaded guilty in May to obtaining prescription pain killers from several sources.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Heater

Mannford, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

and no donuts???
Teri

Claremore, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

Seriously? He is a disgrace to his badge and this sentence is a joke.
threedognite06

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

figures. and the police wonder why nobody likes them
JustJ

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

I understand someone getting probation for a first offense but I feel a LEO should be held to a higher standard... JMO
pdq

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

you and i would have gotten 3 to 5 years in prison but a cop gets probation. they say the court system is fair.... BULL BUTTER!!
saywhat

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

I support my local Police Department

Since: Jul 09

Pryor

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

Really people you have no clue about what you're complaining about when it comes to LEOs getting a sweater deal with the courts than an "average" citizen. Spend 6 months, every day, in Oklahoma courts and watch how many "average" citizens get even lighter sentences. It's almost a joke, if it wasn't so pathetic, how many people who may have done the same thing as this guy or even worse, not only get probation but also get a deferred sentence. That means if they keep their noses clean for the duration of their probation then their conviction is expunged from their record. This guy didn't get the "deferred" so he'll be a convicted felon for the rest of his life. Do you understand what that means when it comes to his rights as a citizen? Now here's the kicker. Those that have a deferred and get caught doing something that is deemed to be a violation of their probation probably won't go to jail, yet. Their deferred will plead down to a suspended and they still won't see a day in jail but they will now have a felony conviction on their record. Some of you are absolutely right, the court system is not fair. If it was we wouldn't have this B.S. we call deferred sentences or plea bargaining or suspended sentences. If you do the crime you pay the fine and do the time.......the same for everyone regardless of gender, age, race or social/economic position. But don't think this guy got any kind of favorable treatment because he was a cop. The truth is he WAS held to a higher standard and almost got a fair sentence. A lot worse then if he wasn't. Trust me, I've seen it more often then I like.
college student

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

is it even supervised probation? i bet not he will be back to popin pills in know time...shit hes probably on a loratab or 2 tonight with his fat ass
college student

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

and has any one noticed that sutten got probation? this cop got probation,and some other police officer got probation all this week dont you see the pattern?...they dont want to send a cop to prison its like a death sentance and they know that..
college student

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

i do agree with u kentley im on a deffered sentance...
Smush

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

I'm guessing they are running out of slaps on the wrists.
Former Chelsea Officer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

threedognite06 wrote:
figures. and the police wonder why nobody likes them
Remember it was the court system that made the deal with him not the Police Dept. The D.A. or Asst. D.A. makes the plea deals not the police officers. Look up cases and see what people get away with. Some have gotten away with murder to roll on bigger fish the government wanted. Pleas are a part of our Judicial System whether we like them or not. The D.A. wil always push for the most they feel they can get with out letting someone get away scott free. It does cost a lot to try a case which we all forget and although I think these guys dishonoring the badge should be thrown under the jail, I would rather see our money locking up up muderers, rapist, molesters, etc....
JustJ

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Former Chelsea Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember it was the court system that made the deal with him not the Police Dept. The D.A. or ****. D.A. makes the plea deals not the police officers. Look up cases and see what people get away with. Some have gotten away with murder to roll on bigger fish the government wanted. Pleas are a part of our Judicial System whether we like them or not. The D.A. wil always push for the most they feel they can get with out letting someone get away scott free. It does cost a lot to try a case which we all forget and although I think these guys dishonoring the badge should be thrown under the jail, I would rather see our money locking up up muderers, rapist, molesters, etc....
Sounds like a fellow officer in your Town has wrapped themselves up in prescription drugs as well...
h mmmmm

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

imagine that......no surprise here huh
JoonBug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Well, well, well.
The new thing with all the teens and early 20s is oxycontin and other downers, as oppossed to back in the early 2k was X, 90's when it was meth and Xanax and the 80s was coke..
Most of the kids don't have the Dr. Feelgood contacts so where do you think they're getting it? The ole Barney Fife payroll hasn't been so great lately due to low tax receipts so a little supplemental income sure goes a long way... Can they prove he wasn't selling? Most addicts have to sell to finanace their habit no matter what the drug of choice.
Anyone notice Chelsea's boy got busted too? Whats up with Rogers county? Its always been crooked but holy cr@p!...
Deal with it

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

Judged:

A felony conviction, 30 months of probation, and lost his job as assistant chief.

Good enough for me.

It's called Karma, Paul. Everybody gets theirs. Took a couple of years, but I knew you'd get your some day.
mightyjoeyoung

Collinsville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

"I don't think we've got us no boar here... what I think we got us here's a SOW!!!"

"Squeal like a pig boy!!!!"

Comedy aside, the sentence IS a joke!!! It's obvious there's two kinds of justice in this country: one for those who make and "enforce" the laws, another for everyone else.
Jeff

Stillwater, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

The good ol' boy network is strong in eastern Okla... again
mike4 jenks okla

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2010

the cop getting 0ff with a slap on the wrist is one of the reasons oklahoma is rated no. 10 in the most corrupt state poll right mr. tulsa d.a. our judical system is a joke. every time someone goes before the judge. he or she ask if you have talked to the d.a. if not talk to him then come before back before me. they need to fire all the judges and put the d.a. on the bench. that way people know why our state is ranked so high on corruption, right mr. tulsa d.a. but we know that oklahoma makes alot of money by sending people to jail. so one rule to remenber if prison population is down on okla try to postpone yor court date until the prison population is at its highest if you dont you will probably do time.
Larry

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2010

edmond police are a bunch of freakin idiots with ocpd envy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Catoosa Discussions

Search the Catoosa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr Donnie 71,068
Alorica In Need Of Filling Jobs (Feb '08) 2 hr Jane doe Tulsa 109
Bond Hearing Set For Manslaughter Suspect (Nov '08) 10 hr Lana ray 99
Obama's Followers are COMMUNIST and QUEERS. 17 hr Tommy Gunn 1
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) 23 hr ozzy911 40
God Does Not Approve Gays Or Lesbians or Fornic... Mon Focus On The Family 1
Judges Pervert The Constitution - REPENT JUDGES... Mon Focus On The Family 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Catoosa Jobs

•••