The "English is the Official Language...

The "English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act"

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

3,330 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11083 Oct 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of you Okies barely can read and certainly can't respond to me with any kind of debating skills. Because it's a hick state and the laughingstock of the nation. Now get all worked up about the truth. What your state does best. Denial
Generalize much.

I'd take a hick over an infected dusty dinky any day.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11084 Oct 16, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>How funny. You have just proven your total ignorance. I know this is what you were thinking but to be ignorant enough to tell other people! You were looking at the outside (case) of the big, huge machine. Of course, you didn't see it doing anything. And you wouldn't have seen anything happening if you had looked inside anymore than you could see electrical current flowing though electrical wiring. Thanks for the laugh.
Well duh bubba. No kidding? You completely missed the point that although most people had no idea back in the 1960's what was going on inside that casing, some people actually knew it held the future. But that went right over your head huh? DUH!!!!!!

Location hidden

#11085 Oct 16, 2012
Fu Que wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha ha ha. You are so oblivious to your own ignorance. What a dumbass. The rest of us just laugh AT you. You think you hold your own on these threads. That's what's funny. We all know what a condescending douchebag you are. And you still can't come up with a decent comment. It's almost 4pm, grandpa. Time for you to take your fiber and go to bed.
You're 49th in education. Case closed. NEXT????

Location hidden

#11086 Oct 16, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>We can read well enough to know that the state of California does not maintain the gravel roads or any other roads in the state of Oklahoma as you said in your post #11074.
Oklahoma gets back 1.34 for every dollar sent to D.C. California and 10 other states pay more in than they get back. About 8 states break even. That means you're a parasite state. Case closed. NEXT?
Capt Nemo

United States

#11087 Oct 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma gets back 1.34 for every dollar sent to D.C. California and 10 other states pay more in than they get back. About 8 states break even. That means you're a parasite state. Case closed. NEXT?
Your the parasite on a parasite's azzhole!

Location hidden

#11088 Oct 16, 2012
Capt Nemo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the parasite on a parasite's azzhole!
Oh that was brilliant. Thanks for proving my point about hicks. Where did you dig that one up bubba? Third grade?

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#11089 Oct 17, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is beneficial to anyone to speak a second or third language. What this topic is about though is requiring schools to teach illegals from other countries to speak our language when that should be the individual's responsibility.
Sunrise, illegals shouldn't be going to school there anyway! But if you mean immigrants and just put illegal before it because you don't like immigrants to begin with.. then which individual's responsibility is it?? Their parents? How do you expect a family who doesn't speak English to teach their children the language? All they would learn from their parents is bad English, which is more difficult for the child to unlearn which they would have to do. It is the school's responsibility to teach the language to these children; good English. Here it's the same case, the children of many many different foreign language parents go through the schools, and believe it or not, they don't have to hire bi-lingual teachers at a higher cost to accomplish this. The children go to school here.. and they are taught in the Dutch language. They are children and they pick up languages quickly and easily. There is no reason to have extra costs for this.. but yes the teachers will have to put in extra time with these students in the first year if they give a crap about their education. Which they should. I think you expect a lot from people, and often you expect them to give what they don't have! You can preach individual responsibility all day long, but when you approach this situation in this manner, then you are not helping anyone because you are expecting something that cannot happen.. and therefore not making any headway towards correcting the problem.
Fu Que

Dallas, TX

#11090 Oct 17, 2012
Just remember, Dusty only has 5 responses. He alternates which one he will drop at any time. It's obvious he doesn't have the intellect to carry on a decent conversation.

Location hidden

#11091 Oct 17, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunrise, illegals shouldn't be going to school there anyway! But if you mean immigrants and just put illegal before it because you don't like immigrants to begin with.. then which individual's responsibility is it?? Their parents? How do you expect a family who doesn't speak English to teach their children the language? All they would learn from their parents is bad English, which is more difficult for the child to unlearn which they would have to do. It is the school's responsibility to teach the language to these children; good English. Here it's the same case, the children of many many different foreign language parents go through the schools, and believe it or not, they don't have to hire bi-lingual teachers at a higher cost to accomplish this. The children go to school here.. and they are taught in the Dutch language. They are children and they pick up languages quickly and easily. There is no reason to have extra costs for this.. but yes the teachers will have to put in extra time with these students in the first year if they give a crap about their education. Which they should. I think you expect a lot from people, and often you expect them to give what they don't have! You can preach individual responsibility all day long, but when you approach this situation in this manner, then you are not helping anyone because you are expecting something that cannot happen.. and therefore not making any headway towards correcting the problem.
My wife began teaching as an ELD (English Language Development) out of college. She had a masters in German at the time. No credentials whatsoever to teach Spanish kids in Los Angeles, Just thrown in. She struggled badly as did all the new teachers thrown into this cesspool of 40 kids, none of whom spoke English at all nor did most of them read or write in their own language. There were no Spanish speaking aides at that time either. It turned out that many of the parents could write or read in any language. What are you supposed to do with that Okie? To further complicate matters she comes home one day in disbelief. Half of her class just didn't show up. They had "gone to Mexico" for their semi annual "visit" that many of them do to this day. They don't go in the summer, that's prime harvesting time. Twice a year during the school year they yank their kids out of school and "go home for a visit". That's an impossible situation.

Today in California the taxpayers pay for Spanish speaking aides and despite the voters passing prop 187 (including a majority of Mexican descendents voting for it) that said illegals do not get social services or schooling. The Clinton administration took it all the way to the supreme court and the alleged conservative supreme court overturned prop 187.

What makes this all the more impossible to deal with? My wife started teaching in what was jr high back then. 7-9th grades. And the majority couldn't read or write in their native language. The negative impact of millions of these kids costing our schools billions to deal with them cost American kids severely in their own education.

Groningen, Netherlands

#11092 Oct 17, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife began teaching as an ELD (English Language Development) out of college. She had a masters in German at the time. No credentials whatsoever to teach Spanish kids in Los Angeles, Just thrown in. She struggled badly as did all the new teachers thrown into this cesspool of 40 kids, none of whom spoke English at all nor did most of them read or write in their own language. There were no Spanish speaking aides at that time either. It turned out that many of the parents could write or read in any language. What are you supposed to do with that Okie? To further complicate matters she comes home one day in disbelief. Half of her class just didn't show up. They had "gone to Mexico" for their semi annual "visit" that many of them do to this day. They don't go in the summer, that's prime harvesting time. Twice a year during the school year they yank their kids out of school and "go home for a visit". That's an impossible situation.
Today in California the taxpayers pay for Spanish speaking aides and despite the voters passing prop 187 (including a majority of Mexican descendents voting for it) that said illegals do not get social services or schooling. The Clinton administration took it all the way to the supreme court and the alleged conservative supreme court overturned prop 187.
What makes this all the more impossible to deal with? My wife started teaching in what was jr high back then. 7-9th grades. And the majority couldn't read or write in their native language. The negative impact of millions of these kids costing our schools billions to deal with them cost American kids severely in their own education.
Dusty, that was a mess. But, even then hiring spanish speaking aides does nothing to teach those kids the language they need to learn. I would think they would be better off in a mix class where the non-english speaking group is low. Illegals should not receive schooling or anything else, period.
When I came here, they put me in a classroom with 20 other people. I was the only English speaker in the group and the class began from day 1 and ended on day 258 in Dutch. That was the point was after all to learn the language.
Fu Que

Dallas, TX

#11093 Oct 17, 2012
#teamfirecrotch
WarForOil

Keller, TX

#11094 Oct 18, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>

Illegals should not receive schooling or anything else, period.
You are so right. Use 'em to pick beans then shoot 'em
when they turn 10. No need to make the world a better place
for all. That's why free public education shouldn't exist.

Thankfully my immigrant ancestors snuck into public eduation
and succeeded before someone shot them. If you speak Dutch,
you're a terrorist too.
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11095 Oct 18, 2012
On the 1st anniversary of 911 they busted a Dutch cell. Can't trust those wooden shoe people cause there always sticking their fingers in stuff.
Uh Oh

Dallas, TX

#11097 Oct 19, 2012
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a terrorist too.
Uh...is this sarcasm or do you normally act like a douche?

Groningen, Netherlands

#11098 Oct 20, 2012
The Disciple wrote:
On the 1st anniversary of 911 they busted a Dutch cell. Can't trust those wooden shoe people cause there always sticking their fingers in stuff.
The didn't bust a Dutch cell, they busted a cell within The Netherlands, there are cells within the USA also. Guess that makes all Americans terrorists? You are afraid of the Dutch? Haha...funny.

Groningen, Netherlands

#11099 Oct 20, 2012
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a terrorist too.
Ah, now there's an intelligent statement for ya!
hohuh

AOL

#11100 Oct 20, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
The didn't bust a Dutch cell, they busted a cell within The Netherlands, there are cells within the USA also. Guess that makes all Americans terrorists? You are afraid of the Dutch? Haha...funny.
You need to take a english class and a spelling class and then find the difference between the 2 words.
Cat Woman

Fort Smith, AR

#11101 Oct 21, 2012
We all should probably be speaking Choctaw.
WarForOil

Keller, TX

#11102 Oct 22, 2012
Uh Oh wrote:
<quoted text>

you're a terrorist too.

Uh...is this sarcasm or do you normally act like a douche?
If you're too stupid to know, I'm not going to be the
one to tell you Santa is dead.
Fu Que

Dallas, TX

#11103 Oct 22, 2012
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're too stupid to know, I'm not going to be the
one to tell you Santa is dead.
There's no question you are a douche. You have never added anything worth reading or considering. You must be a sad or angry person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family Court System (Sep '06) 15 hr Pajdougherty 30
Do you feel safe with motorcycle gangs in Tulsa? (Nov '10) Jan 9 Johnhutton 54
News Scientists find heightened attention to surpris... Jan 9 Scientists phartz 2
News Tulsa domestic violence campaign takes cue from... Jan 9 cheapflicksforclicks 1
News Neighbors In Shock Over Catoosa Triple Shooting (Dec '08) Jan 8 GLB 146
Bruce Robbins Jr. (Jun '16) Jan 6 Bossbitches 8
Dean Ivey Warning Jan 4 Doubting Thomas 2

Catoosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catoosa Mortgages