The "English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act"

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

3,293 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11075 Oct 15, 2012
Fu Que wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that. He is an ass. Most of us do not read what he writes anymore.
Most of you Okies barely can read and certainly can't respond to me with any kind of debating skills. Because it's a hick state and the laughingstock of the nation. Now get all worked up about the truth. What your state does best. Denial
Fu Que

Oklahoma City, OK

#11077 Oct 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of you Okies barely can read and certainly can't respond to me with any kind of debating skills. Because it's a hick state and the laughingstock of the nation. Now get all worked up about the truth. What your state does best. Denial
Debating skills? Really? I wouldn't waste my time using debate strategies on you. You're too stupid to understand the simple things. Your horseshit on the healthcare forum makes me wonder if you are an inmate with internet or a retard with internet. Either way, you are too stupid to waste good effort on.
Fu Que

Oklahoma City, OK

#11078 Oct 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of you Okies barely can read and certainly can't respond to me with any kind of debating skills. Because it's a hick state and the laughingstock of the nation. Now get all worked up about the truth. What your state does best. Denial
ha ha ha ha ha. You are so oblivious to your own ignorance. What a dumbass. The rest of us just laugh AT you. You think you hold your own on these threads. That's what's funny. We all know what a condescending douchebag you are. And you still can't come up with a decent comment. It's almost 4pm, grandpa. Time for you to take your fiber and go to bed.

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#11079 Oct 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
While I understand where "Okieabroad" is coming from I disagree about other languages being required in schools. I think other languages should be encouraged but not mandated. English is mandated around the world for the one basic reason that English is the official language of business. If the time comes it is more rational and reasonable to teach Chinese or German or whatever language in schools throughout the world because it is the international language of business, that will happen as well.
Being multi lingual is just as much benefit to an American as it is a Mexican in America. The "language" of money is green. You want money, the more "talent" you have the more money comes to you. That's just basic math.
But forcing a language such as Spanish on Okies is of no value other than to position them to compete with illegals for the only jobs most are now qualified for. Menial labor. But that's a waste since uneducated Okies are lazy people. This is the tech age and Okies are underemployed (low wages) because like many bible states have always been, they are behind the education curve. They aren't qualified for better paying jobs which are going begging all over this country.
In the 1960's my father took me to OKC and showed me this giant computer sitting in a buidling. It was such a novelty at that time that they put in plate glass windows and people would stand and watch a big huge machine do, well nothing, we could see. He told me "this is where your future lies. This is where America's future lies". He knew I was the most money oriented person in my entire family. That I could never get enough of it. That I would never be an auto mechanic or tool and die guy in a factory. He knew the only way that an Okie white trash kid was going to break out of the abyss that is Oklahoma was to get an education in as many ways at whatever technology there was coming offered.
I was fascinated by the technology of music and film creating/editing/mastering and so on. My brother and sisters were thrilled with getting any job, getting married, seeing how many kids they could have they couldn't afford and borrowing money from me.
What is so hypocritical about most Okies and their disdain for "Mexicans" is that you're so much like them. Uneducated, ignorant, don't value education, religious, work jobs disappearing almost daily, low wages, have too many kids, love guns and violence, etc. etc.. You're pretty much alike.
Poblador no eres especial. Eres un desagüe en América. Esta no es su país. Si se tratara de su país que contribuiría en lugar de drenaje nuestros recursos. Usted pagaría su propia manera. Pero no lo hace. Bandera de onda y poco más.
Dusty,

The reason I think languages should be required isn't to force people to speak another language, I'm looking at it from an educational perspective. Learning a second or third language at a younger age has benefits in learning and reasoning processes. It adds to our world and mental development.

Kijk, wij kunnen in alle talen spreken. Maar als ik dat boven ziet, begrijp ik helemaal niks van. ;).
Sunrise

Arlington, TX

#11080 Oct 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of you Okies barely can read and certainly can't respond to me with any kind of debating skills. Because it's a hick state and the laughingstock of the nation. Now get all worked up about the truth. What your state does best. Denial
We can read well enough to know that the state of California does not maintain the gravel roads or any other roads in the state of Oklahoma as you said in your post #11074.
Sunrise

Arlington, TX

#11081 Oct 16, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusty,
The reason I think languages should be required isn't to force people to speak another language, I'm looking at it from an educational perspective. Learning a second or third language at a younger age has benefits in learning and reasoning processes. It adds to our world and mental development.
Kijk, wij kunnen in alle talen spreken. Maar als ik dat boven ziet, begrijp ik helemaal niks van. ;).
I think it is beneficial to anyone to speak a second or third language. What this topic is about though is requiring schools to teach illegals from other countries to speak our language when that should be the individual's responsibility.
Sunrise

Arlington, TX

#11082 Oct 16, 2012
[QUOTE who="DustyOutlawIn the 1960's my father took me to OKC and showed me this giant computer sitting in a buidling. It was such a novelty at that time that they put in plate glass windows and people would stand and watch a big huge machine do, well nothing, we could see. He told me "this is where your future lies. This is where America's future lies". He knew I was the most money oriented person in my entire family. That I could never get enough of it. That I would never be an auto mechanic or tool and die guy in a factory. He knew the only way that an Okie white trash kid was going to break out of the abyss that is Oklahoma was to get an education in as many ways at whatever technology there was coming offered.[/QUOTE]How funny. You have just proven your total ignorance. I know this is what you were thinking but to be ignorant enough to tell other people! You were looking at the outside (case) of the big, huge machine. Of course, you didn't see it doing anything. And you wouldn't have seen anything happening if you had looked inside anymore than you could see electrical current flowing though electrical wiring. Thanks for the laugh.
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11083 Oct 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of you Okies barely can read and certainly can't respond to me with any kind of debating skills. Because it's a hick state and the laughingstock of the nation. Now get all worked up about the truth. What your state does best. Denial
Generalize much.

I'd take a hick over an infected dusty dinky any day.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11084 Oct 16, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>How funny. You have just proven your total ignorance. I know this is what you were thinking but to be ignorant enough to tell other people! You were looking at the outside (case) of the big, huge machine. Of course, you didn't see it doing anything. And you wouldn't have seen anything happening if you had looked inside anymore than you could see electrical current flowing though electrical wiring. Thanks for the laugh.
Well duh bubba. No kidding? You completely missed the point that although most people had no idea back in the 1960's what was going on inside that casing, some people actually knew it held the future. But that went right over your head huh? DUH!!!!!!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11085 Oct 16, 2012
Fu Que wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha ha ha. You are so oblivious to your own ignorance. What a dumbass. The rest of us just laugh AT you. You think you hold your own on these threads. That's what's funny. We all know what a condescending douchebag you are. And you still can't come up with a decent comment. It's almost 4pm, grandpa. Time for you to take your fiber and go to bed.
You're 49th in education. Case closed. NEXT????

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11086 Oct 16, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>We can read well enough to know that the state of California does not maintain the gravel roads or any other roads in the state of Oklahoma as you said in your post #11074.
Oklahoma gets back 1.34 for every dollar sent to D.C. California and 10 other states pay more in than they get back. About 8 states break even. That means you're a parasite state. Case closed. NEXT?
Capt Nemo

United States

#11087 Oct 16, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma gets back 1.34 for every dollar sent to D.C. California and 10 other states pay more in than they get back. About 8 states break even. That means you're a parasite state. Case closed. NEXT?
Your the parasite on a parasite's azzhole!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11088 Oct 16, 2012
Capt Nemo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the parasite on a parasite's azzhole!
Oh that was brilliant. Thanks for proving my point about hicks. Where did you dig that one up bubba? Third grade?

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#11089 Oct 17, 2012
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is beneficial to anyone to speak a second or third language. What this topic is about though is requiring schools to teach illegals from other countries to speak our language when that should be the individual's responsibility.
Sunrise, illegals shouldn't be going to school there anyway! But if you mean immigrants and just put illegal before it because you don't like immigrants to begin with.. then which individual's responsibility is it?? Their parents? How do you expect a family who doesn't speak English to teach their children the language? All they would learn from their parents is bad English, which is more difficult for the child to unlearn which they would have to do. It is the school's responsibility to teach the language to these children; good English. Here it's the same case, the children of many many different foreign language parents go through the schools, and believe it or not, they don't have to hire bi-lingual teachers at a higher cost to accomplish this. The children go to school here.. and they are taught in the Dutch language. They are children and they pick up languages quickly and easily. There is no reason to have extra costs for this.. but yes the teachers will have to put in extra time with these students in the first year if they give a crap about their education. Which they should. I think you expect a lot from people, and often you expect them to give what they don't have! You can preach individual responsibility all day long, but when you approach this situation in this manner, then you are not helping anyone because you are expecting something that cannot happen.. and therefore not making any headway towards correcting the problem.
Fu Que

Dallas, TX

#11090 Oct 17, 2012
Just remember, Dusty only has 5 responses. He alternates which one he will drop at any time. It's obvious he doesn't have the intellect to carry on a decent conversation.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11091 Oct 17, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunrise, illegals shouldn't be going to school there anyway! But if you mean immigrants and just put illegal before it because you don't like immigrants to begin with.. then which individual's responsibility is it?? Their parents? How do you expect a family who doesn't speak English to teach their children the language? All they would learn from their parents is bad English, which is more difficult for the child to unlearn which they would have to do. It is the school's responsibility to teach the language to these children; good English. Here it's the same case, the children of many many different foreign language parents go through the schools, and believe it or not, they don't have to hire bi-lingual teachers at a higher cost to accomplish this. The children go to school here.. and they are taught in the Dutch language. They are children and they pick up languages quickly and easily. There is no reason to have extra costs for this.. but yes the teachers will have to put in extra time with these students in the first year if they give a crap about their education. Which they should. I think you expect a lot from people, and often you expect them to give what they don't have! You can preach individual responsibility all day long, but when you approach this situation in this manner, then you are not helping anyone because you are expecting something that cannot happen.. and therefore not making any headway towards correcting the problem.
My wife began teaching as an ELD (English Language Development) out of college. She had a masters in German at the time. No credentials whatsoever to teach Spanish kids in Los Angeles, Just thrown in. She struggled badly as did all the new teachers thrown into this cesspool of 40 kids, none of whom spoke English at all nor did most of them read or write in their own language. There were no Spanish speaking aides at that time either. It turned out that many of the parents could write or read in any language. What are you supposed to do with that Okie? To further complicate matters she comes home one day in disbelief. Half of her class just didn't show up. They had "gone to Mexico" for their semi annual "visit" that many of them do to this day. They don't go in the summer, that's prime harvesting time. Twice a year during the school year they yank their kids out of school and "go home for a visit". That's an impossible situation.

Today in California the taxpayers pay for Spanish speaking aides and despite the voters passing prop 187 (including a majority of Mexican descendents voting for it) that said illegals do not get social services or schooling. The Clinton administration took it all the way to the supreme court and the alleged conservative supreme court overturned prop 187.

What makes this all the more impossible to deal with? My wife started teaching in what was jr high back then. 7-9th grades. And the majority couldn't read or write in their native language. The negative impact of millions of these kids costing our schools billions to deal with them cost American kids severely in their own education.

Since: Sep 12

Groningen, Netherlands

#11092 Oct 17, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife began teaching as an ELD (English Language Development) out of college. She had a masters in German at the time. No credentials whatsoever to teach Spanish kids in Los Angeles, Just thrown in. She struggled badly as did all the new teachers thrown into this cesspool of 40 kids, none of whom spoke English at all nor did most of them read or write in their own language. There were no Spanish speaking aides at that time either. It turned out that many of the parents could write or read in any language. What are you supposed to do with that Okie? To further complicate matters she comes home one day in disbelief. Half of her class just didn't show up. They had "gone to Mexico" for their semi annual "visit" that many of them do to this day. They don't go in the summer, that's prime harvesting time. Twice a year during the school year they yank their kids out of school and "go home for a visit". That's an impossible situation.
Today in California the taxpayers pay for Spanish speaking aides and despite the voters passing prop 187 (including a majority of Mexican descendents voting for it) that said illegals do not get social services or schooling. The Clinton administration took it all the way to the supreme court and the alleged conservative supreme court overturned prop 187.
What makes this all the more impossible to deal with? My wife started teaching in what was jr high back then. 7-9th grades. And the majority couldn't read or write in their native language. The negative impact of millions of these kids costing our schools billions to deal with them cost American kids severely in their own education.
Dusty, that was a mess. But, even then hiring spanish speaking aides does nothing to teach those kids the language they need to learn. I would think they would be better off in a mix class where the non-english speaking group is low. Illegals should not receive schooling or anything else, period.
When I came here, they put me in a classroom with 20 other people. I was the only English speaker in the group and the class began from day 1 and ended on day 258 in Dutch. That was the point was after all to learn the language.
Fu Que

Dallas, TX

#11093 Oct 17, 2012
#teamfirecrotch
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#11094 Oct 18, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>

Illegals should not receive schooling or anything else, period.
You are so right. Use 'em to pick beans then shoot 'em
when they turn 10. No need to make the world a better place
for all. That's why free public education shouldn't exist.

Thankfully my immigrant ancestors snuck into public eduation
and succeeded before someone shot them. If you speak Dutch,
you're a terrorist too.
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11095 Oct 18, 2012
On the 1st anniversary of 911 they busted a Dutch cell. Can't trust those wooden shoe people cause there always sticking their fingers in stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. 13 min facts 82
Directv referral code (Aug '12) 9 hr zenithsports1 77
City of Morris missing THOUSANDS in taxes and f... 9 hr Ranger Roger 2
Oklahoma Department of Human Services 9 hr Bill Wlson 1
Dr. Angelo Cuzalina Pres. American Board of Cos... (Jun '13) Jan 23 Potential Patient 67
Review: Donna Boswell Lcsw Jan 23 Yup 17
Lawsuit Filed Against Department Of Human Services (Feb '08) Jan 21 destiny 297
Catoosa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Catoosa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:01PM
Should Jerry Now Be Considered a Top-Quality GM?
NFL 6:28 AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better