Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)

“Let's talk like adults, eh?”

Since: Sep 12

Tulsa

#11030 Sep 24, 2012
Most other nations recognize a national language.

Groningen, Netherlands

#11031 Sep 26, 2012
why wrote:
since when did we become the only country to save all these foreigners from their countrys problems, if it was the other way around we would be treated worse then anyone, they all hatte us with a passion.
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Tulsa

#11032 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Nice quote, but it doesn't really answer the question. America is being infiltrated be people from the south who have no intention of integrating into American society. When you look at groups like LULAC AND LE Mecha and La Raza, you see they advocate allowing foreign Hispanic's culture to trump our laws. That is wrong.
How is it that thousands of illegals can march in the street protesting our laws when they live illegally off our economy and social services?

Not to mention the Muslim infiltrators here trying to build a fifth column for jihad. Or the Chinese who have joined the ranks of those coming here illegally in droves.

There is much more going on than a platitude can cover.

Groningen, Netherlands

#11033 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice quote, but it doesn't really answer the question. America is being infiltrated be people from the south who have no intention of integrating into American society. When you look at groups like LULAC AND LE Mecha and La Raza, you see they advocate allowing foreign Hispanic's culture to trump our laws. That is wrong.
How is it that thousands of illegals can march in the street protesting our laws when they live illegally off our economy and social services?
Not to mention the Muslim infiltrators here trying to build a fifth column for jihad. Or the Chinese who have joined the ranks of those coming here illegally in droves.
There is much more going on than a platitude can cover.
Silver,

It answers the question perfectly, it doesn't solve all the problems, real or imagined. MY point is that America has always been a country that opened it's arms to people of other nations with problems.

Tulsa

#11034 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
Silver,
It answers the question perfectly, it doesn't solve all the problems, real or imagined. MY point is that America has always been a country that opened it's arms to people of other nations with problems.
We do, but these days, the quality and intent of the people coming here is in question. The lovely quote doesn't deal with these new realities.

Groningen, Netherlands

#11035 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do, but these days, the quality and intent of the people coming here is in question. The lovely quote doesn't deal with these new realities.
I don't see it a "lovely quote" I see it as it is and always has been, a motto, an American ideal, just as the way "The American Dream" is and always was a very important part of the formation of a nation in democracy. It's as important today as it was then.

Tulsa

#11036 Sep 26, 2012
OkieAbroad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it a "lovely quote" I see it as it is and always has been, a motto, an American ideal, just as the way "The American Dream" is and always was a very important part of the formation of a nation in democracy. It's as important today as it was then.
America is not as it once was. This is not even the same country I. Grew up in.
So I guess we agree to disagree?

Groningen, Netherlands

#11037 Sep 26, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
America is not as it once was. This is not even the same country I. Grew up in.
So I guess we agree to disagree?
agreed
Citizen

United States

#11039 Sep 26, 2012
agree
I so want to go

Elk City, OK

#11040 Sep 26, 2012
??
Jason

Oklahoma City, OK

#11041 Sep 29, 2012
It is the only language that matters
Jones

United States

#11042 Sep 30, 2012
True
Jesse

United States

#11043 Sep 30, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who started our country from the Mayflower on to our grandparents and before we legal to be here and they followed our laws and wanted to be a part of the country of America. Nowadays, we are flooded with illegals which a good percentage are not only illegals but do felony crimes against Americans plus they are illegal to be here. They use our social programs on all levels and they breed like rats so now we have the offspring of these illegals who are being taught to overthrow America by populating it's land with neo-americans. They want to change our country and we're letting them do it! The democrats don't want to offend any minority because they want the power their vote gives them couldn't care less that these people are hurting America. The republicans have suggested ways to quell them over flowing the borders but democrats yell and use legislative games to stop ICE enforcing the laws of our land. How many terrorist have simply walked across any of our borders to the south?
US census

United States

#11045 Oct 1, 2012
please give input
Report 2012

United States

#11046 Oct 2, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
The Oklahoma State Question 751, or the English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act, is on the November 2, 2010 state ballot in Oklahoma as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
The measure would make English the official language of the state of Oklahoma.
The ballot title that Oklahoma voters will see on the ballot reads:
This measure amends the State Constitution. It adds a new Article to the Constitution. That Article deals with the State's official actions. It dictates the language to be used in taking official State action. It requires that official State actions be in English. Native American languages could also be used.
When Federal law requires, other languages could also be used.
These language requirements apply to the State's "official actions." The term "official actions" is not defined. The legislature could pass laws determining the application of the language requirements. The Legislature would also pass laws implementing and enforcing the language requirements.
No lawsuit based on State law could be brought on the basis of a State agency's failure to use a language other than English. Nor could such a lawsuit be brought against political subdivisions of the State.
How will you vote on November 2nd?
For what cause
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11049 Oct 5, 2012
yep wrote:
Topix is English only! ha ha ha ha
Would it hurt you misfits to learn about something you can't eat or drink or shoot with a gun. Learn spanish!
Might as well start with phrases like, Look at the fat gringo stuffing her face,
And, Look at that one receives government subsidies.
SayWhat

United States

#11050 Oct 6, 2012
The Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it hurt you misfits to learn about something you can't eat or drink or shoot with a gun. Learn spanish!
Might as well start with phrases like, Look at the fat gringo stuffing her face,
And, Look at that one receives government subsidies.
I know all kinds of words in spanish so do my friends! You'd be impressed, really impressed.

Lets see...hmmmm

Taco
Burrito
Enchilada
Frijoles
mi llamo es "gringo"
Rio Grande
Loco
Mi casa su casa
Corona

The list just gones on and one LMFAO!

:D
The Disciple

Mesa, AZ

#11051 Oct 6, 2012
impressed....not so much.

Your vocabulary probably matches the zeros in your bank account.
jane

Oklahoma City, OK

#11053 Oct 6, 2012
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all kinds of words in spanish so do my friends! You'd be impressed, really impressed.
Lets see...hmmmm
Taco
Burrito
Enchilada
Frijoles
mi llamo es "gringo"
Rio Grande
Loco
Mi casa su casa
Corona
The list just gones on and one LMFAO!
the list just goes on and one......one what ?
SayWhat

United States

#11054 Oct 6, 2012
The Disciple wrote:
impressed....not so much.
Your vocabulary probably matches the zeros in your bank account.
It's not the zero's that matter as much as the number in front of the zero's.

Since you are so confused I have a small example for you!

0.00 = 0.00

$1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000.00

Got that junior?

COMPRENDE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jeff 2,666
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr TAMARA 75,755
Tulsa Driver Shocked By Power Lines (Feb '09) 9 hr Lucky777 159
OHP Trooper Fires Two Shots During Tulsa Traffi... (Feb '10) 12 hr lisawarrenrn63 191
The News On 6 Investigates: Renter Beware (Feb '09) Mon lolababi 45
ANR/ABF Relationship-ANY NORMAL PEOPLE OUT THERE? (Dec '10) Sat Milk lover 69 28
Amber Alert issued in Tulsa after car reported ... Sat smbndmwm 1
•••
•••
Catoosa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Catoosa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••