Two Injured In Weleetka Tank Explosion

Two Injured In Weleetka Tank Explosion

There are 38 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 15, 2010, titled Two Injured In Weleetka Tank Explosion. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The Okfuskee County sheriff's office says two people were injured, one critically, when two tank batteries exploded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kris

Binger, OK

#22 Apr 17, 2010
Burrrrp wrote:
So he was 21 and playing? Why wasn't he a work? Did he have a job? I know he partied a lot
are you lily white and pure as snow or what. he was a good kid and will be greatly missed by everyone, i bet even you would be missed even though you arent perfect either, folks, this was someones young son have some respect,if your hatin' life so much take some anti depressants please,if it was someone close to you you wouldnt be nasty.The pangles have my deepest sympathy. ant to you burp, is it any of your business if he had a job,there are a whole bunch of folks who havent been able to find work, does it mean they arent worth any thing. what if you lost your job. think about it.
DarkPaladin432

Sand Springs, OK

#23 Apr 17, 2010
Sariya Heppel wrote:
Zachary I met you about a month ago up at work when you came there to visit your Mom. She was very proud of you and she had told me a lot about you already. When I met you you seemed like a really sweet nice guy, someone whom I got a positive vibe from and I wanted to get to know better. I figured I would see you again up there the next time you came into work to visit your mother.
And now this has happened and it is such a horrible tragedy and I just don't know what to say.. I am praying for your family and for your mother whom I know is going through a lot right now. You were so young and so full of life and who is responsible for this? WHy did this have to happen?
I agree with you Star. And it's very sad what happened. We have to keep praying for Roberta and her family. They need all the love and support we can offer.
ACaringWeleetkaC ITIZEN

United States

#24 Apr 17, 2010
You no it really doesn't matter what happened down at the oil tanks. A mother, a father, a grandmother, a brother and many friends lost someone very important to them. We as citizen's should not criticized bur do our best to try to help this situation and keep it from happening to anymore of our youth. My prayers are with his family and friends.
blue healer

Bixby, OK

#25 Apr 17, 2010
As youth we all done things that the same thing could of happen to us.thtais why it is called a accident. i am lifting the family up n my prayers.
Kathy Pierce

Las Vegas, NV

#26 Apr 17, 2010
Zacahry I haven't seen you since you were a little boy. But for some reason I can still hear your mother calling your name in her cute little voice. I pray for her your father and brother Michael so they may find peace and comfort in each other. As a mother of three amazing boys I can't imagine the pain your family is going through.God bless you Zachary.
awg

Ada, OK

#27 Apr 21, 2010
I pray for all of those involved. It was an accident that ended in tragedy. For anyone to pass judgement on this situation is wrong and you should think about the silly things you've done that could have ended very differently for you.
allctl

Tulsa, OK

#28 Apr 21, 2010
I can remember being playmates with Zach and Michael when we were children. Zach always has had a very carefree spirit. My heart and prayers go out to the family. I have children of my own and I could not imagine having to go through all this family is going through. Nobody probably knows all that went on that night, but whatever the situation is, a life was ended. We all did things when we were young that could have been tragic, but somehow we were "lucky". I think a lesson is to be learned by the others that were there. God was watching over the people there because there could be like 6 or 7 other families going through the same thing right now. Nobody deserves to have their life ended so tragically. We can't pass judgement. I have this family in my thoughts and prayers:(
Aunt Christine

Saint George, UT

#29 Apr 22, 2010
What wonderful memories of her son she has.....she hurts so much and needs all the positive she and Mike can get......Please be kind remember all the good, smile though your heart is breaking Roberta & Mike I love and miss you both so, your alway's in my thought's & prayers.
Aunt Christine

Saint George, UT

#30 Apr 25, 2010
DarkPaladin432 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Star. And it's very sad what happened. We have to keep praying for Roberta and her family. They need all the love and support we can offer.
Thank you all for the kindness to Mike, Roberta & her family in OK, we are many states away and do worry, however the kindness shown while I was there last week was amazing, you are all a wonderful group of people......I thank you all for the kindness in your heart for my sister & her family!
Thank you very much.
Aunt Christine

Saint George, UT

#31 May 3, 2010
Pangle Family,
We Love you all..........

Since: May 10

Tulsa, OK

#32 May 8, 2010
I didnt know Zach personally but watched him grow up in our little town. I do know his grandmother and she has been ill for quite some time. She bragged so much on Zach as he cared for her...she said numerous times that she didn't know what she would do without him. My heart aches for her.....RIP Zach!
Tha Quah Girl

Tahlequah, OK

#33 Jun 27, 2010
I didnt know Zach but I heard he was a great guy Rest In Peace Zach Nick will miss you.
yeah

Morris, OK

#34 Aug 30, 2010
Zach was a very good person. He was simply the best. He was sooo fun. Loving. Caring. He NEVER judged a person nor did he talk about people. He was awesome. We all miss him terribly. That night was horrible. Something we cant ever erase out of our minds..it was tough for us all the first few weeks, but we are learning to deal with it over the time. He LOVED his family and his friends, as we loved him. Buuttt....he's with Kurt Cobain now,(which is his fave), so I know he'd rather be where he is now than back with us.=)
"Rest in Nirvana" Zachhy Lee. WE love and Miss you.
Shawn

Phoenix, AZ

#35 May 25, 2011
Hello all,

I didnt know Zach. I would have liked to see my family in OK. From all the nice words that you people wrote, I feel like I missed out knowing a good person. My heart goes out to the family.
oops

United States

#36 May 31, 2011
blue healer wrote:
As youth we all done things that the same thing could of happen to us.thtais why it is called a accident. i am lifting the family up n my prayers.
Sorry but theres no such thing as "Accidents" It has always been proven that all so called "Accidents" are preventable. and smoking on a oil/gas tank is not an "Accident"
Stacie in Okc

Tacoma, WA

#37 Jun 11, 2011
oops wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry but theres no such thing as "Accidents" It has always been proven that all so called "Accidents" are preventable. and smoking on a oil/gas tank is not an "Accident"
Exactly. It was pure stupidity. If you carry an open flame onto a gas tank, it's not rocket science figuring out what could happen. Also, couldn't he read the signs that said,"No Trespassing"? And, really? Ya'll really think he's somewhere looking down on ya'll from some fantasy place hanging out with Kurt Cobain?! If he really was a huge Kurt Cobain fan, he would know that Kurt Cobain was an Atheist who hated organized religion and everything to do with some sky fairy named "God." Get real, people.

Stupidity kills.
unknown

United States

#38 Mar 31, 2013
Stacie in Okc wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It was pure stupidity. If you carry an open flame onto a gas tank, it's not rocket science figuring out what could happen. Also, couldn't he read the signs that said,"No Trespassing"? And, really? Ya'll really think he's somewhere looking down on ya'll from some fantasy place hanging out with Kurt Cobain?! If he really was a huge Kurt Cobain fan, he would know that Kurt Cobain was an Atheist who hated organized religion and everything to do with some sky fairy named "God." Get real, people.
Stupidity kills.

God Bless your poor soul!!!
Cara

Okmulgee, OK

#39 Jul 30, 2013
Well, if you actually knew what you was talking about, Stacie, then you would know that there was no sign. We didn't even know they still used those oil rigs! And I'm sure everyone makes mistakes, but its not anyones place to judge. So just let him rest in peace and not bring up the past. If you wasn't there when it happened, then don't preach to us. Karma will bite you in your ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shopping Fri Tammy 1
News Senior Saturday concerts in July Fri Ttown concerts 1
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) Jul 15 4real 139
Bruce Robbins Jr. Jul 14 Bruce Robbins Jr 2
the truth about the jews and israel Jul 13 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
News Local Activist Group Files Formal Complaint Aga... Jul 12 alivn boss 2
WAKE UP Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Ee Cheeze Jord... Jul 10 Tulsa Race Riot 1921 1

Catoosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catoosa Mortgages