Catoosa Police Officer Suspended

Catoosa Police Officer Suspended

There are 212 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 14, 2009, titled Catoosa Police Officer Suspended. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

An officer with the Catoosa Police Department is under investigation. Catoosa Police Chief Raymond Rodgers says Lieutenant John Mines has been suspended from the force with pay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
okieblondie

Broken Arrow, OK

#212 Jan 11, 2010
KAT wrote:
im glad to know that rogers is taking care of a problem that catoosa has.change is always good as long as its for the better.they have been cleaning up that town for years and hopefully finally getting some where.Catoosa needs it.
Everyone on CPD. always have been good people and will always be.
most of them have had bad injuries
that happened on a call.helping saving lifes for the poeple of catoosa.and IF they do or did have a problem i have a LOT of hope that the (man up stairs)is looking out for them.
yes if their injuries were that bad they shoud NOT have went back to work.
theres more behind what everyones hears,says,writes,blogs,.i dont think anyone will ever know whats really goin on or whats really happened.
Yes, some of the CPD officers are corrupt but I think they are being used as Rogers county's sacrificial wieners. Things have been bad in the police department for YEARS (according to a sweet old lady that has lived in Catoosa more years than I have been alive). Why now? What happened to the investigation of Rogers County and all the unlawful things that took place in that courthouse and jail? Only a week after I heard about this topic (some time in November I think) all of a sudden we have the whole CPD under investigation for drugs. To fix a problem you need to start at the top! Gene Hanes and McConnell are far more destructive than the CPD. Check this out... http://www.rogerscountygrandjury.com/

We hired a Tulsa attorney and had the same problem. I think we had 5 court dates when my husband proved his innocence on the first! If you don't use Rogers county lawyers you will get nowhere in court.
okieblondie

Broken Arrow, OK

#213 Jan 12, 2010
Has anyone been looking on OSCN? Tulsa county Mines was ticketed twice in '91- one for open container and the other for driving in a matter not reasonable or proper. Sounds like some one got out of a few DUI's. Rogers county in '97 he and Jeff Hitchcock had a lawsuit filed against them for Damages and again in '01 for violation of civil rights.
Point is, this has been swept under the rug for far to long. Raymond Rogers and Rogers county have known from the beginning there were issues. The investigation shouldn't just stop at the drug problem, they should expose the wrongful conduct of some of these "bullies" and not allow it to happen again. I hope they clean house, starting with the DA and judges, and trickling all the way down to the court clerks and administrative assistants.
mad momma

Tulsa, OK

#214 Jan 22, 2010
It's sad when police officers are "going down for the same thing they took your child "down" for.
carolla123

Broken Arrow, OK

#215 Nov 9, 2010
Love they neighbor, but not too much. I had asked some strangers for a couple of bucks. Payday was two weeks to go. I was not armed. I do not own a gun. I'm just a crusty old lady with bad arthritis. Cop comes by and gives me a ticket. I file it somewhere. Six months go by and the Cop pulls me out of my house and drives me to jail. The female cop and male cop grab my purse and demand how much money I have. I have none. They fiddle with my 15 bottles of medicine, spilling one all over the floor. "What's your son's number?" We'll leave him out of this, I said. He's been out of work for a year and has five kids. THEY (Coweta Police Department) GO BEHIND MY BACK and get him to come and pay $209 cash. How do you spell humilated? How many times can you say "Sorry" before the car door slaps you in the face? I feel so bad.
lkt

Broken Arrow, OK

#216 Nov 12, 2010
You wouldn't happen to know if Paul Whitmire is related to Courtney Bates????
Scott PB Free wrote:
tubby williams jr
lkt

Broken Arrow, OK

#217 Nov 12, 2010
I can't believe the corruption in this police department and that no one ever reported this so it could be investagated. Look at all the people they have abused & arrested. Who they ruined their lives. This is just not right. Then to make things even worse you see how they were punished. I can't believe the sentence they have received. Probation, what about a massive fine & did they have to stay in that place they call a jail in Roger County!!! This is what upset me we believe that justice will be served but when you see for yourself how the court system really works it's scary. Why didn't they get a harder sentence, have community service, drug court & classes to attend,
VIP class. What about all the people they arrested wrongfully while they were on the CPD! Something should be done & the public has a right to know why they received such a light sentence. What they have done to the people they have arrested is terrible. So sad that we pay for what they did to us but they get off so lightly. This is so wrong!!
lkt

Broken Arrow, OK

#218 Nov 12, 2010
lkt wrote:
You wouldn't happen to know if Paul Whitmire is related to Courtney Bates????
<quoted text>
Who is Tubby Williams Jr.?
I know

United States

#219 Nov 13, 2010
It was reported. On more than one occassion. The other officers, the ones that weren't arrested, have endured as much, if not more than what you can imagine. Theres a protocol that was folloowed & dismissed because of....... Anyway, there's more that was done than what you realize. These men/women put their lives on the line for you. They try to rid the streets of injustus. Little did the public know they were being treated unjustly. You have NO idea!
lkt wrote:
I can't believe the corruption in this police department and that no one ever reported this so it could be investagated. Look at all the people they have abused & arrested. Who they ruined their lives. This is just not right. Then to make things even worse you see how they were punished. I can't believe the sentence they have received. Probation, what about a massive fine & did they have to stay in that place they call a jail in Roger County!!! This is what upset me we believe that justice will be served but when you see for yourself how the court system really works it's scary. Why didn't they get a harder sentence, have community service, drug court & classes to attend,
VIP class. What about all the people they arrested wrongfully while they were on the CPD! Something should be done & the public has a right to know why they received such a light sentence. What they have done to the people they have arrested is terrible. So sad that we pay for what they did to us but they get off so lightly. This is so wrong!!
DAVID CASEY

United States

#220 Apr 23, 2011
TUBBY WILLIAMS JR GAVE HIS OWN SON ALCOHOL AND THE RESULTS WERENT GOOD !HE ALSO SEXUALLY HARASSED A COWORKER AT CATOOSA PD AND HE WAS FIRED!!!!
Joseph Hanson

Tulsa, OK

#222 May 28, 2011
Most police officers are good guys, but this is why I became an attorney. we need officers that protect and serve.( http://www.tulsa-bankruptcy-attorneys.info ),( http://www.tulsa-Lawyers.info )
HMines

Dallas, TX

#223 Aug 29, 2011
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>They'll have plenty of folks "standing behind them" when they get where they are going; waiting in line to pork them. Power to the people.
Grow up you ignorant person. Would you want someone talking about your family in this manner? I don't care if that's the way you feel because I have some pretty strong feelings about you right now too. I don't even really care about all the other insensitive comments that are on here right now, it's a public forum and freedom of speech, yadda yadda yadda.
What I do care about is the fact that my mother, father, nephew, etc have access to the Internet too and they don't need to be reading tasteless little comments like this from tacky people like you. Grow up, mind your own business, and for your own sake, try to develop some class.
lmao

Evans, GA

#224 Jan 25, 2014
I knew John and Angie Mines back around the1993-94 timeframe when he was just starting his police career. He was really on a power trip about becoming a cop. He was using and selling dope back then too. One of his party buddies was developer/builder Jerry R. Gordon who seems to also have had some recent issues with his Riverwalk development.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman Guilty 5 Counts Corpse Mutilation & Okeee... 11 hr Guest 4
1 Black Man in Chuck E Cheese Jordan Photo Op, ... 13 hr Guest 4
Patrick Gordon Thu Not sure 4
Alvin Boss eats poop Apr 25 Dina 11
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) Apr 25 Guest 310
News Public safety bill hits a snag in the Senate Apr 25 publicsaftymyazz 1
Should Catoosa go to a 4 day school week? (Oct '15) Apr 9 Zeke 5

Catoosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance