Catoosa Police Officer Suspended

Catoosa Police Officer Suspended

There are 212 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 14, 2009, titled Catoosa Police Officer Suspended. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

An officer with the Catoosa Police Department is under investigation. Catoosa Police Chief Raymond Rodgers says Lieutenant John Mines has been suspended from the force with pay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
JMd

San Diego, CA

#1 Sep 14, 2009
wonder wath he was doing and why
rer

San Diego, CA

#2 Sep 14, 2009
this cop is a moron if he is doing or selling drugs they should suspend him without pay not with pay hopefully if he is doing that crap send him to jail for a =while cops are not above the law they think they are but they should get a worse pentlty for just being a cop doing something stupid
ExCPD

Tahlequah, OK

#4 Sep 15, 2009
I'll agree he is a moron, but he is suspended with pay until the case is adjudicated. That's procedure, if by some chance he beat the charges, they would have to pay him retroactive, so until a formal internal investigation can be "completed" they always suspend with pay. I worked with this guy, I never considered him a cop at all, that's how bad he was, but just because it's a cop, penalties should not be any worse. I do know your feeling though and understand it.
rer

San Diego, CA

#5 Sep 15, 2009
well its one thing to be a person that has to abid by the law its another that enforces the law police officers should know better if he was that bad why whould they keep him on the force and on top of that he was i high ranking officer how does one person get away with that without being termanated.

“Greetings and Kind Regards”

Since: Apr 09

USA

#6 Sep 15, 2009
Oh come on now a very large % of them do, just ask their kids
dot

San Diego, CA

#7 Sep 15, 2009
i know of these cop and he is a idot he is lucky he hasnt been put in jail a long time ago about time someone took a stand and brought this moron down why would anyone want this guy to protect them from crime when he is the one that is doing the crimes what a shame that catoosa police force has to deal with these and possably have a black eye over these guy what a peice of trash mr. mines is
jay

Tulsa, OK

#8 Sep 15, 2009
i dont care what all of you say about him all cpd officers are corrupt and ex cpd officers
James

Tulsa, OK

#9 Sep 15, 2009
The war on drugs is just a waste of money, it only goes into the pockets of the corrupt.
NYB

Tulsa, OK

#10 Sep 15, 2009
John Mines is a terrible person. He is one of the only ones that are corrupt. Its about time he goes to jail. The street officers are awesome, people just dont like them because they do their job, and do it well...
ExCPD

Tahlequah, OK

#11 Sep 15, 2009
Yep, Jay your really sound impressively intelligent making a blanket statement like that when you probably don't even know any of the CPD officers, oh, except the one that arrested you for being drunk or high.. Sorry, forgot about that one.
WoooW

Tulsa, OK

#12 Sep 15, 2009
I have known him for a long time. Yes he is an idiot, but overall a decent person. I just hope for his families sake justice will be swift.
As far as CPD goes everyone knows they are crooks and remind you of the dukes of hazzard. Speed traps, corruption, and bribery are common to all of them.
Years ago their cheif was a convicted felon and could not even posess a weapon. Someone I would not want to protect my family.

Since: Jun 08

Catoosa, OK

#14 Sep 15, 2009
WoooW wrote:
I have known him for a long time. Yes he is an idiot, but overall a decent person. I just hope for his families sake justice will be swift.
As far as CPD goes everyone knows they are crooks and remind you of the dukes of hazzard. Speed traps, corruption, and bribery are common to all of them.
Years ago their cheif was a convicted felon and could not even posess a weapon. Someone I would not want to protect my family.
Probably not fair to compare Mr. Mines with Benny Durke(aka Benny Jerk). I used to be John's neighbor and he was always very nice. Benny Durke was a crazy lunatic with too much power!

I hope this all gets sorted out quickly. I really hope that this is just a misunderstanding. We really do have some great guys on our force, but as you all know it only takes one bad apple...

Since: Jun 08

Catoosa, OK

#17 Sep 15, 2009
SCRW THIS wrote:
SINCE YOU DONT KNOW THE FULL STORY PEOPLE DO NOT NEED TO RUN THEIR MOUTHS HAVENT YOU EVER HEARD OF YOU HAVE TO BE PROVEN WITH OUT A DOUBT GUILTY THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY ONE SO KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT
This is an open forum. Anyone(including morons)have the right to post on this thread. Rather than get mad, why don't you contribute some useful information? I would love to hear what you know! Again, I know John and I REALLY hope that this is a misunderstanding.
dot

Skiatook, OK

#18 Sep 15, 2009
dalai guess you dont know him as well as what you thought just wait you will see it will come out that that nice guys is the guy that sells drugs or takes drugs these guy would not be under invest. if he didnt do something wrong they dont make mistakes like that they know more then you think and mr mines will be very lucky not to loose his career and his lively hood due to his actions.
exk2cresident

Broken Arrow, OK

#19 Sep 15, 2009
Mr.Mines is a good man investigation is just that he has not be convicted of anything as of yet.this dept.has had its share of over zealous power hungry wanna bes like the former chief,Dan Martin(ohp choke hold trooper) and a few others and pretty sure there are some still there now power hungry and trying to climb the ranks no matter the cost.perhaps they should look at their own past before casting stones look out Paul,Raymond dont get in their way.John hang in there.

“Divers do it best!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#20 Sep 15, 2009
You know not to uphold or denounce since I dont know the details of this nor will I get involved but its always funny no matter what the charge someone always gets on the forum talking about how great they are.

In this case I just hope that justice gets served no matter the outcome
dot

Skiatook, OK

#21 Sep 15, 2009
lol mr mines a good man you must be joking he has done to many things that he should have been fired for exk2 you must be his faimly or something try to make a case for mr. mines somewhere else cause your coments fall on def ears
ex friend of john mines

Tulsa, OK

#22 Sep 15, 2009
he is one of the worst people i know and should have never been given a badge. he is the one that stepped on ever catoosa police officer heads while he was stabbing them in the back on his run from a patrolman to the Lt's rank without hitting anyother rank between. my officer friends on the department have been trying to get help with this piece of trash for several years and their chief just let it fall on def ears when he wasn't making excueses for him or covering up his messes.

“Divers do it best!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#23 Sep 15, 2009
is the chief of police related to the head of OHP who claimed his troopers assault on a paramdeic was justified?
Justice

Tulsa, OK

#26 Sep 16, 2009
To Whoever the f***said he is a good guy, maybe you should come forward and say something, instead of have f***ing withdrawls cause John has been out of work. That man is a f***ing joke and should be locked up...........The definition for a crooked cop....Is John F***ing Mines....look it up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton Wicked Corruption vs Trump Flaws 36 min Take Your Pic 1
News Suicide rates in Oklahoma, Tulsa among highest ... 21 hr Whats Wrong With ... 2
Another homicide reported in east Tulsa on Tues... 22 hr Whats Wrong With ... 1
News Tulsa Police Name City's Latest 5 Murder Victims Tue Whats Wrong With ... 1
ann marie young Aug 22 Uh-huh 3
News Tulsa Man Arrested After Caught Masturbating Ou... Aug 22 Uh-huh 1
News Many Green Country teachers foot the bill for c... Aug 22 Senator Inbred In... 1

Catoosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catoosa Mortgages