Oklahoma Tribes Receive Millions In S...

Oklahoma Tribes Receive Millions In Stimulus

There are 171 comments on the Oklahoma Impact Team story from Nov 20, 2009, titled Oklahoma Tribes Receive Millions In Stimulus. In it, Oklahoma Impact Team reports that:

Mary Sisk has had trouble getting around since suffering a stroke ten years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oklahoma Impact Team.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Concerned

Vinita, OK

#1 Dec 3, 2009
Many promises and Treaties have been broken. Benefits have been reduced. Stimulus money is for everyone is it not? Even INDIANS!
LOL

Lawton, OK

#2 Dec 19, 2009
if stimulus money is for everyone then why isnt there white people stimulus money??? Why cant us white folk have casinos???? You are full of crap. Indians are a bunch of free loaders!!!! They should be paying taxes on their casinos rather than receiving stimulus money!
Jim Bob

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 20, 2009
Where is my stimulus money? I need to pay my house off,buy a new truck and car and Harley Motorcycle.I also need some bank money for future purchases.
stan holdenbirkenstoc k

Manchester, MI

#4 Dec 21, 2009
The Native American People or the "original people" were slaughtered mercilessly, forced to walk miles to this state of Oklahoma which was far away from their homeland areas. The religious and spritual artifacts that are the basis of their culture and way of life are mostly encased in Museums. These religious artifacts sould be given back to tribal leaders who can prove that they are the spiritual leaders of the tribe they represent. Money means nothing when it comes to the destruction and annihilation of an entire group. It is called genocide or "ethnic cleansing". This practice still continues all over the world today and still many countries(including the USA) look the other way during the actual act of this diabolic activity. Who gets what amount of money? I go to work every week and have done so for well over 40 years now. I am of the mind-set that I should: "live simply so that others can simply live". Money when used with heart and in an organized fashion with a personal involvement by the giver with the receiver can be such a life changing event for both parties involved. Just to randomly throw money at something never comes out with the same warmth of sharing. Let's just share this money among ALL the residents of the state.
Perry

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2009
I think that Driller's Stadium land should be used for a Casino so the City can raise money to pay for all the shortfalls in our budget.

Since the Indians are making millions off gaming, why can't we?
nellpost

California, MD

#6 Dec 22, 2009
LOL wrote:
if stimulus money is for everyone then why isnt there white people stimulus money??? Why cant us white folk have casinos???? You are full of crap. Indians are a bunch of free loaders!!!! They should be paying taxes on their casinos rather than receiving stimulus money!
In my opinion, you sound like a jerk.
Rick Cain

Tahlequah, OK

#7 Dec 22, 2009
Well at least real americans are getting some money.
BrettH

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Dec 28, 2009
This is stupid. They don't deserve money.
SUE

Edmond, OK

#9 Dec 28, 2009
I have never heard so many winners in my life & everyone standing around saying give me, give me. Giving out this stimulus money to any one is the stupidist thing & putting this nation in greater debt is even more stupid. It make every one sound like dead beats. How about stop just thinking of your selves & start think about what should be done for the best interst of this country!
Jon

Bartlesville, OK

#10 Jan 3, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Many promises and Treaties have been broken. Benefits have been reduced. Stimulus money is for everyone is it not? Even INDIANS!
Wrong - so-called "stimulus" money is nothing other than taxpayers being stuck with a credit bill they can never pay off, but which they will "pay on" for the rest of their lives, after it bankrupts the REAL ECONOMY.

Remember that thing, where a guy opens a repair shop or restaurant or yard service, works hard, clears 75% of what he ears if he's lucky, and then wonders why the portion of his money he never gets to touch just isn't keeping the roads fixed, or the terrorists out, but politicians get to jet around the world selling him out for global warming while spending his money on jet fuel and European hotels, all the while condemning him for just wanting to gas up his truck so he can keep working to support those same D.C. politicos?)

The 13th Amendment says that "involuntary servitude" is not permitted any more. What the heck do you call making the rest of us work to pay off trillions of dollars in debt which benefits us not?

For all those American tribal members out there with the integrity to pay their taxes even though they don't have to - thank you. But if I were you, I'd starve the politicians of every penny I could, even if it is only the result of some feel-good legislation meant to maintain an illusion of national sovereignty for my tribe and bring about the Marxist lie of "social justice."
oppressed black man

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Jan 3, 2010
Something should be done to right the wrongs concerning the Native American community in America. The only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that Natives are sovereign nations and citizens, so why does the federal government give stimulus money to non-citizens within the U.S.? I just wish the federal government or the Obama administration would pass some kind of reparations bill to help the black community as much as they have the Native American and Latino communities in America. Seriously, black people are the only oppressed minority class in America who have NEVER received any kind of reparations or retributions for our years of enduring American racism and ethnic cleansing.
SHARON

Edmond, OK

#12 Jan 3, 2010
oppressed black man remember YOU bragged you DONOT pay taxes. So what do you have to wine about? As far as I can see is NOTHING!
oppressed black man

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Jan 3, 2010
Sharon, you need to learn the difference between "wine" and "whine." I swear, you white Okies are some of the most illiterate and uneducated inbreds in the nation. You should never post on this site ever again.
SHARON

Edmond, OK

#14 Jan 3, 2010
oppressed black man wrote:
Sharon, you need to learn the difference between "wine" and "whine." I swear, you white Okies are some of the most illiterate and uneducated inbreds in the nation. You should never post on this site ever again.
I might have missed the H in whine. But I am not lazy & I don't expect a hand out from the government. Us Oklahomans & that includes ALL Oklahomans (even the Oklahoman Indians) are far better than you can ever be.
cherokeemoon

Catoosa, OK

#15 Jan 6, 2010
LOL wrote:
if stimulus money is for everyone then why isnt there white people stimulus money??? Why cant us white folk have casinos???? You are full of crap. Indians are a bunch of free loaders!!!! They should be paying taxes on their casinos rather than receiving stimulus money!
1st of all you ever hear of LAS VEGAS? Do Indians own LAS VEGAS or Atlantic City? 2nd of all who says Indians don't pay taxes? and as far as freeloading ME and MY Family has NEVER asked YOU for ANYTHING!SO in closing when I hear someone making a Blanket Statement Like This It Reminds Me of the Bitter Predjudice sick people that are still Alive. Signed A REAL AMERICAN. P.S. you don't need financial help, you need Mental help you sick Basterd!
cherokeemoon

Catoosa, OK

#16 Jan 6, 2010
Perry wrote:
I think that Driller's Stadium land should be used for a Casino so the City can raise money to pay for all the shortfalls in our budget.
Since the Indians are making millions off gaming, why can't we?
Indians Don't make the laws Your Politicians do! Go Cry to Them! What do call Horse racing?
LOL

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Jan 6, 2010
cherokeemoon wrote:
<quoted text>1st of all you ever hear of LAS VEGAS? Do Indians own LAS VEGAS or Atlantic City? 2nd of all who says Indians don't pay taxes? and as far as freeloading ME and MY Family has NEVER asked YOU for ANYTHING!SO in closing when I hear someone making a Blanket Statement Like This It Reminds Me of the Bitter Predjudice sick people that are still Alive. Signed A REAL AMERICAN. P.S. you don't need financial help, you need Mental help you sick Basterd!
WTF does Vegas or Atlantic City have to do with casinos in Oklahoma? Go take another hit of the peace pipe.
Donna

Lawton, OK

#18 Jan 6, 2010
oppressed black man wrote:
Sharon, you need to learn the difference between "wine" and "whine." I swear, you white Okies are some of the most illiterate and uneducated inbreds in the nation. You should never post on this site ever again.
Why do you live in Oklahoma? If us white Oklahomans are so illiterate, what is your degree in and at what university? And how do you contribute to society? If you don't pay taxes do you reap any benefits from OUR great state, such as food stamps, utility assistance, medicaid, or low income housing?
SHARON

Edmond, OK

#19 Jan 6, 2010
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you live in Oklahoma? If us white Oklahomans are so illiterate, what is your degree in and at what university? And how do you contribute to society? If you don't pay taxes do you reap any benefits from OUR great state, such as food stamps, utility assistance, medicaid, or low income housing?
Donna under oppressed black man's name it says Baton Rouge, La. If thats where he lives "Thank God". I wondered the same things you asked. Oh yes he has had babies with 3 or 4 white women. Now with his hatred of whites that is really a kicker.
Donna

Lawton, OK

#20 Jan 6, 2010
SHARON wrote:
<quoted text>Donna under oppressed black man's name it says Baton Rouge, La. If thats where he lives "Thank God". I wondered the same things you asked. Oh yes he has had babies with 3 or 4 white women. Now with his hatred of whites that is really a kicker.
Sharon, I did notice the Lousiana, however when I started posting for some reason it was listing me as Anadarko. My other question is if he lives in Lousiana, why is he concerned about Oklahoma news and news forums? Is Lousiana stations not literate enought to have similar forums? I shouldn't bash Lousiana I have friends and family I love dearly down there, just trying to make a point concerning him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oklahoma is 3rd World Here in the USA, Make No ... 4 hr Backwards Tulsa OK 1
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. (Aug '14) Fri oh my 132
Amanda Kay-Moomey Johnson is an Idiot (Dec '15) Jun 20 Jamie Dundee 7
Madison tarkowski Jun 20 Guest 1
Where is thaT Goofball Robert Bates Lawman When... Jun 19 goat 3
Sheriffe Glanz Said I Could Torture Taser Someo... Jun 18 Alvin Boss 3
News Tulsa Islamic Society, LGBT Rights Group Promot... Jun 17 Marie-Luise_J 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catoosa Mortgages