Authorities say Catoosa officer's car...

Authorities say Catoosa officer's car hits, kills pedestrian walkin...

There are 6 comments on the KFOR story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Authorities say Catoosa officer's car hits, kills pedestrian walkin.... In it, KFOR reports that:

Authorities say a woman has died after she was struck by a Catoosa police officer's car while walking in the middle of the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

Doug

Norman, OK

#1 Jun 4, 2010
I hope the police officer is cleared in this incident. The stupid people walking in the middle of the road were the ones at fault - what were they thinking? I see people in my neighborhood in Norman, walking in the street when there are sidwalks right next to them! The road is for cars the sidewalk is for walking - IDIOTS!
Oklahoma29

Norman, OK

#2 Jun 4, 2010
Wow Doug talk about harsh. So just because someone is walking in the road and it never says if she was at a crosswalk you are glad they dead. I really hope to never cross you in a car. By the way maybe the police officer was traveling at a very high rate of speed. If you are going 25 you are most likely not going to kill someone versus if you are going 60. I hope he gets investigated. If you would of hit her you would be in jail already! Pedestrian always has right of way. Read your laws. Moron!

My prayers to her family.
Kathleen

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Jun 4, 2010
Pedestrians have the right-of-way in crosswalks. They don't get the right of way if their walking the middle of the street. They have to yield to cars. I don't think the name calling is necessary.
Oklahoma29

Norman, OK

#4 Jun 6, 2010
Kathleen wrote:
Pedestrians have the right-of-way in crosswalks. They don't get the right of way if their walking the middle of the street. They have to yield to cars. I don't think the name calling is necessary.
So because someone is jaywalking it is okay if they get killed?
gunny

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jun 7, 2010
Kathleen wrote:
OK MAYBE SHE WAS WALKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET FAILURE TO DEVOTE FULL ATTENTION TO DRIVING IS AN OFFENSE YOU CAN BE CITED FOR THE BOX IN THE OFFICERS INTERCEPTOR WILL REVEAL HIS SPEED
concerned citizen

Newalla, OK

#6 Jun 8, 2010
You know that i am with everyone but the dumbass who says he should not get in trouble. It dont matter if someone is walking in the middle of the street or not i am sure a police officer is trained for stuff like that. So they should stop driving around like they rule the streets just cause your a cop does not mean you can speed and do whatever you want. So i hope he gets in serious trouble. And he should not be getting no paid leave. Weither or not if she was walking in the street or a cross walk he should still be at fault for what happend a young girl got her life taken away. He could have done plenty of things to avoid hitting them. So i hope he gets what he deserves. Police should pay more attention to where they are going then thinking they can drive however they want.

thx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shooting Victim Found Dead Outside Abandoned House (Mar '11) 19 hr juan caino 13
News Muskogee County Deputies Find Meth Stashed In C... (Jan '17) 20 hr rogelio 5
Tulsa Security Task Force. Nightly Patrol Rates... 20 hr Tulsa Security Ta... 1
News Atheists plan 2018 gathering in Oklahoma City Wed Teach him to fish 13
Chris and tiarah Wed Chris and tiarah 1
News Operation Purple Rain Nets More Than 30 Arrests... Tue Bocephus 1
News Tulsans Accused Of Stealing More Than $23K In M... Dec 8 hey Chocolate Jimmie 7

Catoosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catoosa Mortgages