Geppi to reopen cineplex at Westview

Full story: Baltimore Sun 12
Closed since 2005, the Westview Mall cinemas will reopen tomorrow as the Diamond Cinemas Westview under the ownership of local comic-book distributor Steve Geppi. Read more
Baltimore Joe

Baltimore, MD

#1 Mar 6, 2008
Another great story about a Baltimore guy making good.
AVC

Baltimore, MD

#2 Mar 6, 2008
If they can keep crying babies and little kids running up and down the aisles out of the R rated movies, stop people from talking to the screen and / or getting shot in the parking lot .... they might have something there.

BELIEVE (2008)= BEHAVE
know_it_all

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2008
How long will it be untill the boyz shoot up the place?
Lars

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 6, 2008
It will happen during the summer vacation. There is a reason that place wasn't scarfed up in the bankruptcy proceedings.
Dan

Arlington, VA

#5 Mar 6, 2008
A drive-in theater would be more practical. I'm too afraid to get out of my car. Plus, i have very fond memories of the Westview drive-in theater -- I became "a man" there in 1982. I can't remember the movie (or the girl for that matter).
Laura

Windsor Mill, MD

#6 Mar 6, 2008
I am sooooo excited to see westview movies comming back....the shopping center is great and there has been no shootings since they took down the parking garage back in the 90's. I am super excited to go to the movies here and hope they put stadium seating in after the summer is over...that will help alot...see you at the movies!!!
AVC

Baltimore, MD

#7 Mar 7, 2008
Rumor has it that the most popular items at the concession stand will be ammo and bullet proof vests.
DaJellyBelly

AOL

#8 Mar 8, 2008
Geez, can't you people look on the good side of things. Why do so many people have to be so pessimistic and nasty?

BTW, WTG Steve, good luck in this venture.
PSH

Kingsville, MD

#9 Mar 9, 2008
So many negative comments.People need to stop thinking the worse and give opportunity a chance. It's a place close to home considering the economy.
Triple 7

Cockeysville, MD

#10 Mar 13, 2008
This is going to be great! Thank you Steve for making this happen! I look forward to seeing many movies there!
Damon_K

Baltimore, MD

#11 Aug 17, 2008
All the comments about shooting is simply crap. As a shopper of the area during the past twenty years (first by bus, then by car), I have never had a reason to feel unsafe in the area. Whether standing on a bus stop during late evenings or nights, or grabbing something quick to eat from the Shoppers during an early morning run, Westview has always been a safe place to be.
Alicia

Columbia, MD

#12 Aug 18, 2008
I dont know why everyone has so many negative things to say.Thats a pretty safe area.I was disapponted when the movies closed down in the first place.You didn't have to deel with the nuckle heads at Security Cinema.If you go to a late movie you have to deal with cursing and rudeness.The teenages still want to go to the mall and the movies so lets hope that keeps them at Security and Owings Mills.The only thing is Diamond Theater still hasen't drawn that many patrions yet and I worry that finacialy that it wont make it.So everyone tell a friend let them know this is the only place left that is $6.00 before 6:00( even on weekends).Then again I dont know about the Arbutus movies(RC Movies) witch also is unknown by most.I still have yet to visit that one.I think I will keep giving my business to Westview's Diamond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catonsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senior living caretaker indicted in abuse of el... 22 hr Jaden 1
Moving from beautiful NH to EC for schools...ad... Thu Jeff 2
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Mar 1 Justin Lewis 48
News Rams Head president 'embarrassed and humiliated... Mar 1 Brad 1
Review: Metro Motorworks Feb '15 mad customer 1
Baltimore Life Improvement Center Dec '14 Puzzled 1
Very horny girl someone help!! (Jul '13) Dec '14 ldubhung 5
Catonsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Catonsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]