Billboards come to you

Billboards come to you

There are 3 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Billboards come to you. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Caution: Billboards are on the move. Box trucks outfitted with billboards on three sides surfaced in the Baltimore area about a year ago when drivers began carting the advertising through downtown streets and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Steve Washington DC

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 28, 2008
What inspired The Baltimore Sun to clear this article for printing in the paper? Free advertisement for an advertising company, just what I want to read in my morning NEWSpaper. This article also completely ignores the considerable downsides to mobile billboards, nary even mentioning the fact that these trucks spew loads of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere, get atrocious gas mileage on congested streets, and serve to make our streets MORE congested. Not to mention the general blight of trucks carting vapid advertising messages through the streets. All at a time when global warming threatens the planet and our reliance on foreign oil threatens our national security Of course, all of that in the name of schilling for a few corporate clients looking to make a buck. Seems logical. Way to go Sun!
Mike - Federal Hill

Baltimore, MD

#2 Feb 28, 2008
Just what we need here in Baltimore, more trucks on the street. Not only are these an eyesore and a contributer to noise pollution, they help dirty the air too! Need I mention that they waste gas as well? I will not patronize any business that uses this form of advertising.
Dan - Bel Air

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2008
It would seem a natural fit taht these companies consider to use evironmentally friendly fuel instead of deisel! I too would be turned off by dirty exhaust and blaring music.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catonsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for sexy BBW NSA DF to join me and my h... (Sep '11) Jul 25 krish 3
Review: Jiani Staffing LLC (Apr '15) May '16 Leave it to beaver 5
Review: Metro Motorworks (Feb '15) May '16 Sarah 2
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Apr '16 Soulmannn 58
Bupes Feb '16 Opiyum 1
News GameStop Robber Sentenced to 9 Years: U.S. Atto... Feb '16 EMMA 2

Catonsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catonsville Mortgages