Experts discuss how to recognize, com...

Experts discuss how to recognize, combat gangs

There are 131 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 9, 2007, titled Experts discuss how to recognize, combat gangs. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Urging parents to talk to their kids and pay attention to what is going on in their lives, one of the area's leading gang experts gave tips yesterday to about two dozen community, education and religious ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
jJOSE GOMZE

Baltimore, MD

#1 Sep 17, 2007
HERE IN BALTIMORE COUNTY IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO
LIVE IN WITH REAL NICE PEOPLE BUT GANGS FROM
BALTIMORE CITY ARE MOVING IN BLOODS CRIPS MS 13
DOMINICANS NETA GANG WITH DOMINICAN POOSE BOYS
BLOODS CRIPS ARE RANDALLSTOWN WOODLAWN TOWSON
DUNDALK MD LATINO GANGS DOMINICANS MS 13 IAM FROM
SAN DIEGO CA AND LATINO GANGS ARE BAD ALL GANGS
ARE BAD BALTIMORE GANGS ARE GETTING JUST LIKE
GANGS IN CA BUT GANGS IN SANDIEGO AND LOSANGELES
HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND LOVE CALIF
BUT GANGS HAVE MADE IT BAD FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE
BALTIMORE PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK TOGHTER LATINOS BLACKS AND WHITES TO BALTIMORE A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE IN
JOSE

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jan 27, 2008
2008 baltimore 112hoovrcrips undercover crips
rollintens crips harlem30s crips rollin 90s crips
are in hartford county md but are cominig
to the county randallestown woodlawn area
this spring gangs are trying to find a way to
bring more rap hip hop shows to the baltimore area
latino gangs like ms 13 sets are in eastern baltimore county dominican posse boys are moving
more to the towson lawnsdowne rosdale but more dominicans are in pg county
DW Steel

Baltimore, MD

#3 Jan 27, 2008
Fake wanna be gang members are not the problem, these young people see the hypocrisy of teaching non-violence, while the government murders innocent Iraqi children, women and men in the name of a Constitution that many feel does not even apply them.

Why any of you who are all to willing to blame youth for their destructive behavior can not see that it is learned behavior.

Your children see the lies that are told and upheld and explained away as necessary evils and act accordingly.

You build bigger and better weapons, bigger and better jails, yet you balk at bulding bigger and better schools or providing a decent living wage for poor working people or health care. Lead by example, not by decree.
marco domingz

Baltimore, MD

#4 Apr 11, 2008
in west baltimore dominican posse boys
are a latino gang that has been in baltimore for
three years now they are also in dundalk maryland
towson maryland brooklyn park maryland
cherry hill in south baltimore we are are here
for war with purple city dip set piru bloods
we even in patterson park dpb gang colors orange
and white other latino gangs in baltimore ms 13
vato locos east side vatos dominicans dont play
they are with us mexican mafia colors green and white dope is from mexico dominican jamaica new york city some times comes all the way from los angeles ca
carlos p

Towson, MD

#5 May 5, 2008
dominican posse boys gang is in the green mount ave area thir gang colors are orange and white
thir sets are isane posse boys street mob posse
thir are in east baltimore area thir are also
in towson lawnsdowne maryland cherry hill
brooklyn park maryland they sell big time dope
they will run up to new york and nj and bring
it back to the city
mike

Baltimore, MD

#6 May 18, 2008
ilive in brooklyn park maryland and we have
ms 13 central american gang ghostown piru bloods
rollin tens crips dominican posse boys dead man
white boy gang we did not use to have gangs
but now the good working people want to move out
man the police did not want to know a bout gangs
but now they do please do something a bout them
i work in rockville maryland for a computer company and my girl friend and i would like to
stay in brooklyn park but if the police do not
do any thing a bout the gangs in this area we
are out of here .

“Airborne mama on a oneway trip”

Since: Apr 08

Littlerock, Ca

#7 May 18, 2008
Not sure how they have trouble identifying these gangs when they so proudly tattoo thier gangs al over thier bodies and even faces. We need to combat them by putting them in jail and giving them harsh sentences. And if need be call in the national guard to take them off the streets when they display gang activities.
tiny

Towson, MD

#8 May 27, 2008
yo homies latino gangs are getting bigger
in baltimore vato locos ms13 dominicans dont play
the dominican posse boys mexican mafia 18 th street and LA 13 OTHER MEXICAN GANG we are in
baltimore city and baltimore county towson dundalk
rosdale maryland lawnsdowne maryland cantonsville
maryland arbutis maryland ms13 is big over thir
dominican posse boys are in brooklyn park
dundalk cherry hill in south baltimore latino gangs here in baltimore no blacks run things but
it will be fights in the streets because we want
some of that big money that bloods and crips get
baltimore county police do not know how we work
they think they know but no they dont
Rick

Baltimore, MD

#9 May 31, 2008
Latino gangs aren't a real threat because latinos are only 1 % of the Baltimore population. There has been signs of MS 13 in the Patterson Park, Baltimore and PG County. Eastside Blood Gang, Treetop Piru Bloods, and Purple City Byrd Gang are the only national gang threats in Baltimore. The Baltimore City Police Department needs to get rid of these small time drug crews that are killing each other.
ron

Clarksville, MD

#10 Jun 3, 2008
baltimore makes me sick newyork city is a lot
better thin baltimore latinos and african americans in new york get a long great we go
out the clubs it is cool baltimore sucks the
blacks here are sorry iam from bayside queens
i ve have been 2 years men new york is a real
city we have people from all over the world
baltimore dones not man i been to other cities
like atlanta losangeles miami and those cities are
a lot better thin baltimore blacks in baltimore
think they are the killers of the world nope they
are not the black women here are ungly as hell
thats why i go back home to the real city new york
the best city in the world i am african american
and greek i will be moving to atlanta in july
Parkville

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jun 7, 2008
Rick wrote:
Latino gangs aren't a real threat because latinos are only 1 % of the Baltimore population. There has been signs of MS 13 in the Patterson Park, Baltimore and PG County. Eastside Blood Gang, Treetop Piru Bloods, and Purple City Byrd Gang are the only national gang threats in Baltimore. The Baltimore City Police Department needs to get rid of these small time drug crews that are killing each other.
Why? Let them kill each other!
jose

Clarksville, MD

#12 Jun 7, 2008
say more latinos are moving in to baltimore
because it is a little cheaper thin new york
boston baltimore can become a good city if people
work to make it that way we need good paying jobs
here in baltimore to make baltimore like other
big major cities we need to make baltimore a lot
more safe and we can do that if we work hard
i am a latino dominican american has been here
for 15 years used to live in new york city
but baltimore has a chance to be a new york
we have a way to go but thir more mexicans porto ricans and us dominicans that are moving here
to own homes i live in patterson park but i see
more mexicans porto ricans mexicans living in
east baltimore west baltimore and even a small number of latinos living in the cherry hill area
of south baltimore but we have to get the crime
down to make baltimore a good city to live in
we have to take the bad guys of the streets to make baltimore a good place to live in i think
the mayor of baltimore would like to make baltimore a nice city
joe

Brooklyn, MD

#13 Jun 10, 2008
i hate gangs i live in the brooklyn area
of baltimore and it used to be a nice area
to raise kids and most of the people are good
people but gangs like ghostown piru bloods
cental american ms 13 gang are fighting over the
this area yo you even go in nice area of brooklyn
park maryland bloods crips ms13 dead man white
gang gangs are in once nice areas of baltimore area brooklyn park lawnsdown catonsville towson
parks ville maryland essex maryland dundalk howard
county this is bull shit ok police have to take a stand drugs are cominig in from new mexico city
new york city dominican repblic south america
and what ploice do not know is that these gangs
are not dumies like they think they are the
sad think some of
Dundalk Resident

Rochester, MI

#14 Jun 15, 2008
I am a na well educated Woman who lives in dundalk MD i have a PHD in physcology I grew up in a Small neighborhood called Colgate in dundalk The past three years have been horrible here theres a gang in the neighborhood called STW and there is gangs by the name of bloods also I would like for the police to take these gangs down and out of our neighborhoods I have recently began taking pictures of these gangs wirtings hand signals colors and hierarchy soon I and a few other neighbors will be handing over our knowledge to the baltimore county police departments gang task force these authorities promise us that the gang problem should be cleared up by the end of 2008 I urge any one who loves baltimore to do that same if you need to reach me my email adress is [email protected]
mike

Towson, MD

#15 Jun 16, 2008
just like the the women that lives in dundalk
thir are bloods gang sets in towson white marsh
harford county maryland just like crip sets
are in randallestown woodlwan gangs are not just
african american here in baltimore any more yea
the gangs are most african american but the latino
gangs are cominig up in differnt neighborhoods
like towson dundalk white marsh rosdalle
even randallestown woodlwan 18th street mexican mafia dominicans dont play and the ms 13 gang
they have a diffrent set of mind latino gangs are
getting bigger here they do not be on the streets
like the bloods crips do but they are getting bigger thin you think just because you do not see them that dones not mean that they are not here
they are here for the dope trade mexicans cental americans dominicans baltimore new top fbi cheif
she has been working with gangs for a long time
and she will work as hard as she can to keep gangs
out of baltimore but she knows that gang members
from new york chicago and even dallas are here in
baltimore the mexican mafia dominicans dont play
and ms 13 with bloods crips and black gangster disciples
james

Towson, MD

#16 Jun 17, 2008
yo man cash flow mafia crips rollin ten crips
under cover gangster crips 187 mafia gangster crips other crip sets in baltimore rollin 90s crips rollin 20s crips and grape street watts crips are in towson randalletown woodlwan
with ms 13 gang are in randallestown woodlawn md
mike

Towson, MD

#17 Jun 24, 2008
say i have lived in baltimore county all my
life and we did not used to have gangs but we do
now we have small mexican gangs like crazy homies
the la gran family they are mexican gangs
we also have the dominican posse boys they are latino we have bloods crips in towson maryland
rosedalle and white marsh maryland with latino gangs

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#18 Jun 24, 2008
Dundalk Resident wrote:
I am a na well educated Woman who lives in dundalk MD i have a PHD in physcology I grew up in a Small neighborhood called Colgate in dundalk The past three years have been horrible here theres a gang in the neighborhood called STW and there is gangs by the name of bloods also I would like for the police to take these gangs down and out of our neighborhoods I have recently began taking pictures of these gangs wirtings hand signals colors and hierarchy soon I and a few other neighbors will be handing over our knowledge to the baltimore county police departments gang task force these authorities promise us that the gang problem should be cleared up by the end of 2008 I urge any one who loves baltimore to do that same if you need to reach me my email adress is [email protected]
Define "well educated"!!

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#19 Jun 24, 2008
mike wrote:
just like the the women that lives in dundalk
thir are bloods gang sets in towson white marsh
harford county maryland just like crip sets
are in randallestown woodlwan gangs are not just
african american here in baltimore any more yea
the gangs are most african american but the latino
gangs are cominig up in differnt neighborhoods
like towson dundalk white marsh rosdalle
even randallestown woodlwan 18th street mexican mafia dominicans dont play and the ms 13 gang
they have a diffrent set of mind latino gangs are
getting bigger here they do not be on the streets
like the bloods crips do but they are getting bigger thin you think just because you do not see them that dones not mean that they are not here
they are here for the dope trade mexicans cental americans dominicans baltimore new top fbi cheif
she has been working with gangs for a long time
and she will work as hard as she can to keep gangs
out of baltimore but she knows that gang members
from new york chicago and even dallas are here in
baltimore the mexican mafia dominicans dont play
and ms 13 with bloods crips and black gangster disciples
Good Lord!! The stories I read about the inability of people today to compose a legible and understandable letter is shown clearly in this post. Are writing skills still taught in school??

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#20 Jun 24, 2008
james wrote:
yo man cash flow mafia crips rollin ten crips
under cover gangster crips 187 mafia gangster crips other crip sets in baltimore rollin 90s crips rollin 20s crips and grape street watts crips are in towson randalletown woodlwan
with ms 13 gang are in randallestown woodlawn md
Example #3 I think someone failed "Hooked On Phonics" and "Ebonics"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catonsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In flood-devastated Ellicott City, Md., a vow t... Aug 1 He Named Me Black... 1
News 2 dead after historic Maryland town ravaged by ... Aug 1 He Named Me Black... 1
Looking for sexy BBW NSA DF to join me and my h... (Sep '11) Jul 25 krish 3
Review: Jiani Staffing LLC (Apr '15) May '16 Leave it to beaver 5
Review: Metro Motorworks (Feb '15) May '16 Sarah 2
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Apr '16 Soulmannn 58

Catonsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catonsville Mortgages