Letters to the Editor

Letters to the Editor

There are 3 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Feb 10, 2008, titled Letters to the Editor. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The wrong signals to troubled youths Appearing just days after the shooting, The Sun's editorial on the Browning family tragedy suggesting that guns are part of the problem arrived much too soon .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Fred

Baltimore, MD

#1 Feb 10, 2008
In response to Mr. and Mrs. Lapides' letter, i wonder if they thought that Mr. Steiner's firing is in response to the station's many loyal supporters that no longer tuned in to Mr. Steiner's show.

Human nature of course leads us to believe that what we like is of course right and correct and those that disagree must be wrong. Never the less, we are not always correct and maybe Mr. Steiner no longer delivered what the loyal supporters wanted thus they were no longer loyal listeners.

If I had my way, knowing that my opinion is always correct, the Carol Burnett show would still be on television.
MarkP

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2008
Fred in this case your opinion is correct, and I also agree that the Carol Burnett show should still be on the air. It was funny, used no foul language, insults and no nudity to be that way. (and besides Vicki Lawrence was gorgeous)I guess what ended Ms. Burnett's show is what ended Mr. Steiner's show, it did not bring in the ratings desired for the stations target demographic and it was ended.
larry g

Baltimore, MD

#3 Feb 13, 2008
that perfect family wasn't so perfect , just because
they are white and upper middle class didn't make them
perfect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catonsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lights, camera, action for filming of pilot for... (Jan '09) Aug 24 creepy 51
News Pair of centenarians to celebrate their wedding... Aug 18 Mitt s Polygamous... 1
Review: Jiani Staffing LLC Aug 12 Dick Herz 3
Review: ST. Mark United Methodist Church Aug '15 StMark1440 1
News Steak 'n Shake opening in Millersville June 1 Jul '15 MyChicagoSteak 3
News Honfest 2015 is celebrated this weekend in Hampden Jun '15 Marvin Jones 1
Looking for a boyfriend or a FWB in Catonsville... (Mar '14) Jun '15 ToanB 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catonsville Mortgages