Greg Smith died on towboat?

Greg Smith died on towboat?

Posted in the Catlettsburg Forum

Kygirl

Ashland, KY

#1 Apr 19, 2010
Does anyone know anything about what happen? How did it happen and why he couldn't get off the boat?
Spears Family

Port Deposit, MD

#2 Apr 20, 2010
Our condolences go out to the Smith family. Captain Greg Smith will be sadly missed by MANY.
malone family

South Point, OH

#3 Apr 20, 2010
Spears Family wrote:
Our condolences go out to the Smith family. Captain Greg Smith will be sadly missed by MANY.
our condolences goes out to the smith family also my husband worked with greg on the river to for a long time.my husband was very upset to hear of the news.we also live behind were he worked and seen him almost everyday.so we are very sorry i know loseing a loved one is the hardest thing on earth to go threw so again we are so sorry..my god bless your family in your time of need and we just want the family to know you are in our thoughts..........
pam maynard

Ashland, KY

#4 Apr 20, 2010
Such a tragic death for a man who loved his family and his work...Jo may u gain peace from God to lead u through this .// i know he loved u as much as u love him..wish i could say more...my condolences
Koda

Broken Arrow, OK

#5 Apr 20, 2010
My condolences To the Smith Family. Greg was a great man and he will be missed on the river.....
Onlooker

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Apr 20, 2010
pam maynard wrote:
Such a tragic death for a man who loved his family and his work...Jo may u gain peace from God to lead u through this .// i know he loved u as much as u love him..wish i could say more...my condolences
Hey Pam, Didn't you get caught shoplifting and got arrested lately? You are nothing but white trash. we used to watch you carry loads out of a grocery store on oakland avenue after hours while your mom cleaned it in the 70's...and you should be so ashamed to even post your name on here. your name is scum to a lot of people, well anyone who knows you. Greg Smith was a hard working honest businessman and riverboat captain and you and him are not even of the same universe. I know its hard but quit stealing!!!!!!!!!!
info

Ashland, KY

#7 Apr 30, 2010
yea he was such a good guy thats why the autopsy showed he had cocaine,oxiconton,and xanax in his system whats sad is that his nephew chris left him to drowned. rumor has it greg was asleep and let chris run the boat. it will all come out and i hope chris pays for what he done.
Anonymous

Zelienople, PA

#8 Apr 30, 2010
Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pam, Didn't you get caught shoplifting and got arrested lately? You are nothing but white trash. we used to watch you carry loads out of a grocery store on oakland avenue after hours while your mom cleaned it in the 70's...and you should be so ashamed to even post your name on here. your name is scum to a lot of people, well anyone who knows you. Greg Smith was a hard working honest businessman and riverboat captain and you and him are not even of the same universe. I know its hard but quit stealing!!!!!!!!!!
i dunno either one of you but i am so sure ....who are you to judge any one this is about greg! think about it.
Anonymous

Zelienople, PA

#9 Apr 30, 2010
info wrote:
yea he was such a good guy thats why the autopsy showed he had cocaine,oxiconton,and xanax in his system whats sad is that his nephew chris left him to drowned. rumor has it greg was asleep and let chris run the boat. it will all come out and i hope chris pays for what he done.
you will never know you was not there.....to see it.
sicko

Knox City, TX

#10 May 1, 2010
why would any1 say anything so cruel about someone truth or not. stupid people everywhere,,,if this is true why paste it on here none of your business i am sure
boater

Ashland, KY

#11 May 3, 2010
sicko wrote:
why would any1 say anything so cruel about someone truth or not. stupid people everywhere,,,if this is true why paste it on here none of your business i am sure
sorry but its the truth and if he was such a good guy him and his wife jo wouldnt have pimped their daughter chelsea out for drugs when she was 15 yrs old.
Anonymous

Zelienople, PA

#12 May 3, 2010
boater wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but its the truth and if he was such a good guy him and his wife jo wouldnt have pimped their daughter chelsea out for drugs when she was 15 yrs old.
i dont likt chelsea at all but chelsea is the way she is maybe she changed i hope so but i also know chelsea cant be right in the head for some of the shit she has done....need i say more! i wish someone was here today to say what i am trying to say she is looking down right now i am sure with shear disappointment!but god will take care of things the way he thinks he should ! and then again there is also karma
little_ditty

Kathleen, GA

#14 Jun 1, 2010
jo used to be called the best crack cook in town. greg and jo let chelsea do coke when she was only like 13 years old. they also let her date like a 27 year old man when she was only 14. disgusting
porkchop

United States

#15 Jun 1, 2010
the man is dead and it is a shame there always has to be someone trash talk everyone here even in a sad thing as this. My heart goes out to his family. Greg was a good boat captain and will be missed.
Deckhand

United States

#16 Jun 2, 2010
Chelsea was picked up last week on drug charges word is a sh!t load, also charged with wanting endangerment for having 2 kids under the age of 5 in the vehicle its on BCDC website look for yourself its public records
frank smith

Florence, AL

#17 Oct 27, 2010
IT SOUNDS TO ME THAT THE WHOLE DAMN BUNCH OF YOU ARE A BUNCH OF INCEST CRACKHEADS BOY I HOPE IF I DIE ON A RIVERBOAT EVERYBODY I KNOW DONT DO ME THE WAY YALL ARE DOING THIS POOR BASTARD
friend

Russell, KY

#18 Oct 27, 2010
he wasnt a bastard he knew his dad well!no matter what people say, him and his family are the best of people!i had the privlige to spend time with them all and still do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catlettsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blonde at J&J Cigarette Store 13 hr longhard1 2
Topless House Cleaning 13 hr ToLazyToClean 1
New drug rehab center? 13 hr InTheKnow 2
Boyd County Jailer election 14 hr Dirty dogg 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Fri JustJoe 853
P R Rigsby May 16 Ambersdad 1
Convicted drug dealers May 14 Anonymous 2

Catlettsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Catlettsburg Mortgages