US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path'

There are 9 comments on the Jun 14, 2014, The Washington Post story titled US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. - The White House says Afghanistan's second round of presidential voting marks a major step forward on the country's "democratic path."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Gary

Bellingham, WA

#1 Jun 14, 2014
Maybe, but as Rummy said: "Democracy is messy."

Just look at Iraq.
Cam

Cathedral City, CA

#2 Jun 14, 2014
Why are we wasting our time, money and lives in criminal wars?
No Unjustified Wars

Bohemia, NY

#3 Jun 14, 2014
Cam wrote:
Right. The only defensible war is a war of defense.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#4 Jun 14, 2014
Gary wrote:
Maybe, but as Rummy said: "Democracy is messy."
Just look at Iraq.
The same thing will happen in Afghanistan as in Iraq once our troops pull out. US presence has NOT and never will civilize extremist muzzie savages. The ME tribes, religious sects, etc........have been fighting each-other for thousands of years and it will continue for centuries to come. It's a waste of time, money, effort and the horrific loss of our US service members to even try to educate extremist savages. The only thing to solve the problem is to drop MOAB on the ME and terrorism will cease.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#5 Jun 15, 2014
When Muslim women stopped getting stoned to death by Obama's bros, then I'll believe it.
No wonder women are leaving the democrats in droves.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 15, 2014
Cam wrote:
The wars were all but over. Obama has started them up all over again. He's even giving the Taliban it's generals back.
Go figure.
Republicans finally had the thing fixed and Obama goes and ruined it when victory and peace was right in our grasp.
No wonder Millennials are all leaving the democrat party. Tired of being lied to I think also.
Cam

Cathedral City, CA

#7 Jun 21, 2014
Republicans are just as bad, and partly started those nonsensical invasions in the first place. We never had any business being there.
Char

Ródos, Greece

#8 Jul 3, 2014
it is ,,democratical,, voting controlled by rifles of occupying soldiers and only on candidates, who are o'k' ed by occupying forces. It is parody and grotesque.
Rho

Ródos, Greece

#9 Jul 4, 2014
there are no democracy. there are some , probebly highly corrupt persons accepted by leaders of these countries, which have invaded Afghanistan, there are no democratical elections there and these pseudopoliticians are not people, who represent Afghan society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cathedral City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Sun Tyler 15
News National: How the Drought Will Reshape Californ... Apr 23 H20 the new Oil 1
mature white women for young dark mature n sexy... Apr 19 thugnasty 2
News FIND Food Bank helps feed thousands at the Cent... Apr 19 CaliDervish 1
Desert Hot Springs Mayor Proud Of Out Of State ... Apr 15 Tony 20
Best SmokeShop in Valley?? Apr 13 BigJG 1
Review: 1-800 Loanmart Apr 13 BigJG 2
More from around the web

Cathedral City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]