Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
196,301 - 196,320 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#227135 Jan 5, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.....I didn't mean USA is one family,
I meant my kids and relatives...
Missed the point here...
You would have done well to think of Americans as one big family. You gave shown the EXACT mentality that is desired by the powers-that-be.. You don't embrace the idea that we Americans ARE a family, albeit a divided one.

Wooster, OH

#227136 Jan 5, 2014
...I missed youse guys...
:)
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227137 Jan 5, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>Think back to school. The kid who called you a chicken, just to get you to do something completely stupid.
Yes I am definitely not one.I will
however,not be disrespected by the
baiters here!!

Wooster, OH

#227138 Jan 5, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am definitely not one.I will
however,not be disrespected by the
baiters here!!
I got some news for you, hon.. When you call me a homophobe, you ARE being the baiter. I respect your right to have any opinion you wish. Pity that you fail to see your own actions for what they are... In your self-righteous cloak, you fail to see that you are attempting to silence others who disagree with you. Baiters do this.

Wooster, OH

#227139 Jan 5, 2014
If, Cali, you actually understood more, you'd realize that your name calling IS the offering of the bait. Capisce? Chongo is an expert at this... Totally ignores reality and just calls names.

Wooster, OH

#227140 Jan 5, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another great argument for SSM from the peanut gallery!
WOW! You guys are awesome.
Little dissent in the ranks, old man?:D I thought they loved you...

Wooster, OH

#227141 Jan 5, 2014
Here, Cali, is an example of the subtler form of baiting...

"So you like to say. Most likely, you're just fishing for more attention. Could be you're just gay, and trying very hard to create a back-story (pun intended) that explains away your attraction to men and overall sexual confusion. I mean, really, no sane straight guy spends as much time demanding attention from gay people he doesn't know, and thinking about sex acts they claim to hate."

This post attempts to place anyone who voices an opinion (that differs from the posters) into the class of the insane. Not very sophisticated, but there it is. We must be insane to argue against it, right? We can't have any real reason to object to it, right? We're not allowed to have a difference of opinion, without there being something wrong with US, forget the fact that SSM isn't supposed to be a valid option. It's a road to extinction. Nature does not reward homosexual couplings with offspring. You need the government to get that payoff. Neatly forgotten, in the flurry of baiting....

Wooster, OH

#227142 Jan 5, 2014
Here, Cali, Quest and anyone else who wishes to truly understand the insidious nature of the issue...

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/adamo/070...

Wooster, OH

#227143 Jan 5, 2014
The super wealthy and their Republican puppets are dismantling our lifestyles, our country, and our very existence. Yet there’s no revolution, and only an occasional demonstration here and there.

What other society ever caved in so easily? How incredibly stupid is the population of America? We’re being raped, pillaged and plundered every day. But rather than fighting back, we sit around watching “reality” TV shows, or baseball games, or old movies, and do everything possible to ignore our impending servitude and eventual doom.

Our labor is no longer needed. It can be performed almost anyplace else in the world. Our spending is no longer needed. The Robber Barons can gather their loot in Euros, Yens, Pesos, or just plain old gold. Our only remaining use is to sit still and keep quiet while the vultures take what little we have left.

Any questions?
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227144 Jan 5, 2014
If, Cali, you actually understood more, you'd realize that your name calling IS the offering of the bait. Capisce? Chongo is an expert at this... Totally ignores reality and just calls names.
Dude....I won't even post and these
Creatons will say Horrible sexual things
To me.I'm sticking up for myself,I'm
not being called a slut or worse from
anyone.If that makes me a baiter,
so be it! I don't attack anyone! I don't
care who is straight or Gay,none of
my business unless they disrespect
me or call me Frankie's puppet!
I don't know anyone here more than
a hole in the ground,and that's the
way I like it!!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227145 Jan 5, 2014
Don't call me stupid either,I understand
exactly what's going on here.This
conversation is over,now you are
baiting me.Good Day!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227146 Jan 5, 2014
The super wealthy and their Republican puppets are dismantling our lifestyles, our country, and our very existence. Yet thereÂ’s no revolution, and only an occasional demonstration here and there.

What other society ever caved in so easily? How incredibly stupid is the population of America? We’re being raped, pillaged and plundered every day. But rather than fighting back, we sit around watching “reality” TV shows, or baseball games, or old movies, and do everything possible to ignore our impending servitude and eventual doom.

Our labor is no longer needed. It can be performed almost anyplace else in the world. Our spending is no longer needed. The Robber Barons can gather their loot in Euros, Yens, Pesos, or just plain old gold. Our only remaining use is to sit still and keep quiet while the vultures take what little we have left.

Any questions?
Are you Jesse Ventura's brother?

Wooster, OH

#227147 Jan 5, 2014
The Western world (in which I live) got lazy, and starving people worked to pull themselves towards prosperity, be it India, China, Africa or Southeast Asia. Americans got immensely fat, dumb and happy. Mr. and Mrs. America were going to football practice with the kiddies a few nights a week and concentrating on music, and art lessons, because they're fun, unlike academic homework. Meanwhile, the kids weren't getting a good grounding in reading, science and math; and no, it wasn't an education funding issue - American schools get more $$$ now they they ever have before. Workers got comfortably used to yearly raises without merit. People like Big D and Bruno. The things we count as "productivity" in this country, like shuffling paper and filling out Excel spreadsheets and creating endless powerpoint charts really aren't productive. When it comes to manufacturing, parents pushed the kids into careers like business, hospitality, paralegal studies, and theater. There were fewer and fewer college level engineers being turned out, and high school students without the practical skills to go into manufacturing. But thank God we had more ambulance chasers to sue everyone, because going into Law was a great career! There were more fast food jobs, and fewer apprenticeship jobs in trades, because everyone thought they deserved a college degree, come hell or high water. Because kids were busy playing with their iPods and Playstations, and getting their yumyums, instead of studying in high school, when they entered the workforce, they were ill prepared, but they continued to demand wages far too high for what they did, which is shuffle paper or serve burgers and fries. Plus, there were 40 year mortgages being pushed with no money down, not like 20 years ago when you were required to put 20% down and have, as one of Obama's sayings "Skin in the game". To demand anyone actually have to put 20% down for home ownership? No, no, too harsh and unfair, and besides, "wages can only go up forever, right?" Mom and Dad were so busy leasing a new car every three years, and hanging a plasma tv on every wall in the new $750,000 house, that they didn't even bother to read the mortgage paperwork at closing. Everyone had to have everything NOW. No reason to work and save for things. "I want them NOW" (or yesterday). And how crazy to actually demand that most people actually pay a little something on their income as a tax! No, we have to have 51% of earners not paying anything and demand "other people pay...but just not me". I said income tax, not FICA. Meanwhile, people on the other side of the world were waking up. They started churning out products in factories, strengthening their currency, sending their kids to western schools for degrees in engineering, manufacturing, IT and physics and SAVING instead of spending every dime they had. And they started to look at America with greed. What did we expect would happen? It's what happens when you get comfortable and have everything. It's what happens when people feel entitled to everything without working for it. No politician is going to save us. They are furiously milking the dying cow. Stop relying on them. It's just the laws of economics and it's now a global economy, like it or not. And subversion at the head of the agenda..
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227148 Jan 5, 2014
The Western world (in which I live) got lazy, and starving people worked to pull themselves towards prosperity, be it India, China, Africa or Southeast Asia. Americans got immensely fat, dumb and happy. Mr. and Mrs. America were going to football practice with the kiddies a few nights a week and concentrating on music, and art lessons, because they're fun, unlike academic homework. Meanwhile, the kids weren't getting a good grounding in reading, science and math; and no, it wasn't an education funding issue - American schools get more $$$ now they they ever have before. Workers got comfortably used to yearly raises without merit. People like Big D and Bruno. The things we count as "productivity" in this country, like shuffling paper and filling out Excel spreadsheets and creating endless powerpoint charts really aren't productive. When it comes to manufacturing, parents pushed the kids into careers like business, hospitality, paralegal studies, and theater. There were fewer and fewer college level engineers being turned out, and high school students without the practical skills to go into manufacturing. But thank God we had more ambulance chasers to sue everyone, because going into Law was a great career! There were more fast food jobs, and fewer apprenticeship jobs in trades, because everyone thought they deserved a college degree, come hell or high water. Because kids were busy playing with their iPods and Playstations, and getting their yumyums, instead of studying in high school, when they entered the workforce, they were ill prepared, but they continued to demand wages far too high for what they did, which is shuffle paper or serve burgers and fries. Plus, there were 40 year mortgages being pushed with no money down, not like 20 years ago when you were required to put 20% down and have, as one of Obama's sayings "Skin in the game". To demand anyone actually have to put 20% down for home ownership? No, no, too harsh and unfair, and besides, "wages can only go up forever, right?" Mom and Dad were so busy leasing a new car every three years, and hanging a plasma tv on every wall in the new $750,000 house, that they didn't even bother to read the mortgage paperwork at closing. Everyone had to have everything NOW. No reason to work and save for things. "I want them NOW" (or yesterday). And how crazy to actually demand that most people actually pay a little something on their income as a tax! No, we have to have 51% of earners not paying anything and demand "other people pay...but just not me". I said income tax, not FICA. Meanwhile, people on the other side of the world were waking up. They started churning out products in factories, strengthening their currency, sending their kids to western schools for degrees in engineering, manufacturing, IT and physics and SAVING instead of spending every dime they had. And they started to look at America with greed. What did we expect would happen? It's what happens when you get comfortable and have everything. It's what happens when people feel entitled to everything without working for it. No politician is going to save us. They are furiously milking the dying cow. Stop relying on them. It's just the laws of economics and it's now a global economy, like it or not. And subversion at the head of the agenda..
Who says I'm relying on them!!!
You are really reaching...... I never
posted my personal views of this
situation.My whole family is on
Potassium Iodide for Radiation
poisoning,from Fukushima,you
are assuming you know me.You
don't ......

Wooster, OH

#227149 Jan 5, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude....I won't even post, and these cretins will say horrible, sexual things to me. I'm sticking up for myself, I'm not being called a slut, or worse, by anyone. If that makes me a baiter, so be it! I don't attack anyone! I don't care who is straight, or gay, none of my business, unless they disrespect me, or call me Frankie's puppet! I don't know anyone here from a hole in the ground, and that's the way I like it!!
Sorry, I had to edit this post...

Now...(where to start..?.)..
Oh, I got it... This: "How sweet..Love it when Homophobic bigots bond.....So American". We'll start here. An attack that is being labelled as "I don't attack anyone!"? Cute. A lie, but cute. Now, let's add this to the mix: "none of my business, unless they disrespect me, or call me Frankie's puppet!". KiMare and I greeting each other violated this? LOL And, I think a garnish will complete this plate of bullshyte. "I don't know anyone here from a hole in the ground, and that's the way I like it!!", yet you feel free enough to call me a name?
Enjoy the meal, sister...
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227150 Jan 5, 2014
Who says I'm relying on anyone ?
You are assuming an opinion about
me and you don't even know me.I
live on the Ca.coast,everyone in
my family is taking Potassium Iodide
daily due to Fukushima contamination
here that supposed isn't....I'm no
mindless sitting duck!

Wooster, OH

#227151 Jan 5, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says I'm relying on them!!!
You are really reaching...... I never
posted my personal views of this
situation.My whole family is on
Potassium Iodide for Radiation
poisoning,from Fukushima,you
are assuming you know me.You
don't ......
See? There you go again, thinking locally. You're starting to seem rather self-centered to me... I was writing about the family, "America". In fact, "Mr. and Mrs. America" should have pointed that out, to you. Reaching? Hardly.

Wooster, OH

#227152 Jan 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Sorry, I had to edit this post...
Oh, I got it... This: "How sweet..Love it when Homophobic bigots bond.....So American". We'll start here. An attack that is being labelled as "I don't attack anyone!"? Cute. A lie, but cute. Now, let's add this to the mix: "none of my business, unless they disrespect me, or call me Frankie's puppet!". KiMare and I greeting each other violated this? LOL And, I think a garnish will complete this plate of bullshyte. "I don't know anyone here from a hole in the ground, and that's the way I like it!!", yet you feel free enough to call me a name?
I forgot the dessert...
"I'm sticking up for myself"... Bon Apettit...
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227153 Jan 5, 2014
<quoted text>Sorry, I had to edit this post...

You are a baiter.......Go bother someone
else..If it talks like a bigot and a
Homophobe it is one.Ask "Chongo"
The African American you seem
to disrespect every chance you get!
How would you like to be called a
"Honky"?and no I'm not black!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227154 Jan 5, 2014
<quoted text>I forgot the dessert...
"I'm sticking up for myself"... Bon Apettit...
Me too pal! But you want a fight, that's
the difference.I liked it better when you
Ignored me.Have a good day.Hope
you can get someone to argue!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cathedral City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 52 min Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
Cathedral City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cathedral City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000