Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,661 - 187,680 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Grandpa

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

I think dictionary.com needs to be updated as was the word gay. Dictionary.com defines wife as being a woman, and husband as being a man.
I need a new dictionary and how many peanuts am I to receive ?

Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Grandpa wrote:
I think dictionary.com needs to be updated as was the word gay. Dictionary.com defines wife as being a woman, and husband as being a man.
I need a new dictionary and how many peanuts am I to receive ?
The dictionary changes the meaning of words all the time, all languages evolve all through history

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The dictionary changes the meaning of words all the time, all languages evolve all through history
Now I understand.

You are the 'husband' in a lesbian marriage!

You'd be the perfect one to answer this question;

Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???

LOL

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I understand.
You are the 'husband' in a lesbian marriage!
You'd be the perfect one to answer this question;
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
LOL
There is no Husband in a marriage between two lesbians, since they are both women.

Geesh. At least TRY to keep up.

And are you still fixated on "butch" lesbians? This has already been answered, though you seem to have forgotten. Short answer, they are not dressing like men and acting like men, since they are women.

You have the problem with sexual stereotypes, false expectations and preconceived notions. They don't. Women come in a variety of styles, types, shapes, and colors, and I don't see you asking why so many straight women look and dress exactly like those scary "butch lesbians", and they seem to have attracted men.

And believe me, where I live, this is not an uncommon thing. Half the farmer's wives look about as masculine as can be.

But guess what?

They are WOMEN.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no Husband in a marriage between two lesbians, since they are both women.
And are you still fixated on "butch" lesbians? This has already been answered, though you seem to have forgotten. Short answer, they are not dressing like men and acting like men, since they are women.
You have the problem with sexual stereotypes, false expectations and preconceived notions. They don't. Women come in a variety of styles, types, shapes, and colors, and I don't see you asking why so many straight women look and dress exactly like those scary "butch lesbians", and they seem to have attracted men.
And believe me, where I live, this is not an uncommon thing. Half the farmer's wives look about as masculine as can be.
But guess what?
They are WOMEN.
The one not keeping up is you Blondie.

I was responding to the assertion that husband and wife no longer meant male and female.

Moreover, there are gender distinctions. Additionally, your claim about why butch lesbians act the way they do is at odds with their own claims.

Think about this, in the spectrum of sexuality, they are almost transgendered. Or are transgendered stereotyping too.

Smile.
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you had a nice day
Grandpa

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
But guess what?
They are WOMEN.

How is it we can have a Wife in a marriage between two males but not a Husband in a marriage between two females ?
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City ph@ggots."
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nice...weren't you just demanding an apology because they were being so mean to the poor old wheelchair ridden vet? Something about elderly abuse? You deserve everything you get POS.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
typical self avowed christian that resorts to using profanity and name calling.
you're the one complaining about "morality". i didn't change anything - i pointed out to you the results of your way of thinking and doing things. YOU were the blood of those kids that were bullied for being gay and they committed suicide as a result of that bullying. you must be very proud of yourself and your offspring for accomplishing that.
lol don't know wtf you are talking about
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume he's a homophobe?!? Are you kidding?!? Is there any doubt?!?
I questioned his son's orientation based on my own observations. I'm not saying I'm right. But gay men tend to know other gay men. We're intuitive that way.
There's only one way to find out, and I bet you already have that in mind don't you !!!
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

World Travler wrote:
<quoted text>What did he say?
He said Frances gives better head ...
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Hillbilly Man wrote:
Well I'm sorry I made you man-ho's cry. I guess being a crack maggot is a hard life. Just loosen your bras and play with your balls. Now don't be trying to lick them on your couch you might fall off.
Frances did just that, while trying to copy his dog laying on the floor next to him, as his dog had a grin on his face watching Frances struggle.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Cong wrote:
Frankie, I like you and don't have time to play, talk to me??
He prefers Frances and likes to play hard to get, but you will eventually reach his heart. Don't give up, he is a saylor boi and wants you to rock his boat
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your cult are like dictioaries too

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, "Lesbian" now includes men.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
But guess what?
They are WOMEN.
Its gotta be those pictures of the lesbian weddings.....you know the ones....one woman wears the tuxedo, the other the wedding dress....that's where the confusion sets in.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Its gotta be those pictures of the lesbian weddings.....you know the ones....one woman wears the tuxedo, the other the wedding dress....that's where the confusion sets in.
Only to the easily confused folks.

I have seen both dressed alike and different, a wedding is a celebration, they can dress how they choose.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice...weren't you just demanding an apology because they were being so mean to the poor old wheelchair ridden vet? Something about elderly abuse? You deserve everything you get POS.
No. I wasn't just demanding an apology for anything.

I'm not a whiny little crybaby who demands apologies, that's your schtick.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol don't know wtf you are talking about
That's because you're stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one way to find out, and I bet you already have that in mind don't you !!!
Calm down Bluto. You don't know if he's gay. Pull your pants up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cathedral City Discussions

Search the Cathedral City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rich's Painting 1 hr Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 3 hr Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 10 hr AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 15 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 7:52PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Cathedral City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cathedral City People Search