Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,885)

Showing posts 177,681 - 177,700 of200,323
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyes are wide open. I keep looking to see a real marriage. At the most, all I've seen is a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage!
What the hell am I not seeing???
The illusion that they're selling.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coitus.
<quoted text>
Pietro believes marriage is a union of husband and wife, and that said union should recognized, privileged, and soley legally maintained, as such. Same sex marriage is a contradiction in terms, marriage is a union of both sexes.
<quoted text>
He is puzzled by SSM advocates who insist that conjugality is expendable, but monogamy is not. Perhaps the all powerful and wise Big D, or his sidekick Big Red, could explain this.
You'll have to give Big D a minute, to consult his company playbook, on how to field this one..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I was just referencing gravity jokes, we are all affected by it and in fact have gravity of our own.
....You don't say....

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
<quoted text>
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.
Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.
"Homosexuals will not find peace through denial."

So ominous...

How do you figure that we'll never find peace?

Are you psychic?

Are you capable of channeling the emotions of every homosexual you've ever encountered?

Maybe you are like a Jedi and can just "sense" these things.

Let me tell you when homosexuals will experience peace... When ignorant, lying, egomaniacs such as yourself finally give up hounding us.

Many of us experience peace in spite of your best efforts to involve yourself into our lives.

In case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), gays and lesbians are experiencing joy the likes of which we haven't had in a very long time.

Marriages are taking place around the world. People are being honest with themselves; embracing their identity on a scale not seen in modern history. We can work, recreate, worship, create families, and LIVE life without worrying about being locked up or executed.

Seems pretty joyous to me...

It's people like you who are experiencing pain, fear, confusion, and anger. You've had to ratchet up your rhetoric in an attempt to stem the tide of our joy. And to your dismay, it hasn't worked.

You're a relic. You represent a bygone belief system. The world that you grew up in doesn't exist anymore.

And all you can do is throw out threats of an unhappy life. That's all you've got... Fear tactics...

Bye, bye, Kim... It must have been a hell of a ride for you and people like you.

Your grandkids will grow up in a world where gays and lesbians will be accepted as group of people who are minimally different than them. They will see us as equals. They won't fear or revile us.

Many people around the world have already embraced this reality. It's poor schlubs like you who are suffering.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, maybe your marriage doesn't live up to what we believe it should be.
You've never had to fight tooth and nail to get your marriage recognized. You've never had to endure the possible loss of family, friends, employment; all in order to be with the person you love.
My guess is that if you had to do these things, most of you straight bigots would probably just shack up and avoid the inconveniences.
Your marriage will never mean as much as the marriage between two people of the same gender.
You spend billions each year on ridiculous weddings--with $3000 white gowns signifying "purity". Most of the time when a bride comes prancing down the aisle in a white dress, it's all the guests can do to keep a straight face.
Then you turn around and spend almost as much divorcing as you did on marrying.
Oh, and let's not forget about the 40,000,000 babies you guys abort each year. Your children are SO important to you! Tell me, Kim, is abortion also a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"?
Those kids who do happen to make it out of the sacred birth canal; about one in three end up in a home where the father is absent.
You're right... Same-sex couples are very much unlike you. If we have children, it's because we wanted them. We fight through very strict adoption processes in order to have them. I'd lay odds that the percentage of intact same-sex families WAY outnumber the percentage of intact opposite-sex families.
We want our marriages. We want our families.
Your marriages will never equal same-sex marriages.
(see how easy it is to turn things around on you?)
Our marriages follow the norm, as decided by the society in which we live. Our marriages never required a fight against society, common sense, politicically-skewed courts and popular opinion to be recognized. Ours are natural. Balanced. Everything that they should be. Being with the person we love is not what we are debating. Our marriages will never count as much as yours? LOL You are now enacting another of my predictions, namely, that of becoming the "new mainstream ones". Revisionists nonsense. We are now being subjugated, relegated to 2nd class status? ROFLMAO. We are obeying the strictures set for us. Money is meant to be spent, as we see fit, no matter what our orientation. We have the market cornered on baby statistics, because we are the "breeders", remember? Tal about that when you guys have caught up, will ya? Not so easy to turn things when we keep our eyes on the rational, and refuse to fall for the hypnosis act.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on!
:-D
Hammer that f*cker, until it fits, never mind all the grunting and splinters....
Hammer away, bitch... I ain't gone yet.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! You are here primarily because you have a fear and hatred of gay men...you don't seem to have a problem with lesbians. You have spent a few years lying about why you are here. Why not try to be honest for a change?
Like you "fear" the child, when you have to tell it that it cannot eat a cookie before dinner? "Fear" is it? ROFLMAO@U.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, your hate hides behind your religion
Oh boy, you've got it all figured out, now, don't you, li'l fella?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jebus". I read this often from you commie pinko kumbaya dream team Christian hating fruitloops. What is the significance? "Jebus"? I don't get it.
The significance is that the more they get to dismiss and shit on religion, the more superior they imagine themselves to be.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the government doesn't have an interest in "conjugality" within a marriage unless one of the people in the marriage brings the issue before a court. Polygamy and incest have both been addressed by the government. They have specifically created laws against polygamy and incest.
If you have a problem with that, then take it up with the courts.
Hey, Meltdown Man, you claim to be religious, any issue with this post? Wanna police your fellows? Ask them for some respect? I'll not hold my breath...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

POOF

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday

Judged:
[Funny]

[Brilliant]

[Agree]

"well wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! You are here primarily because you have a fear and hatred of gay men...you don't seem to have a problem with lesbians. You have spent a few years lying about why you are here. Why not try to be honest for a change?

ROFLMAO, He's all about Jebus"

This one, that I forgot to include in the previous posts?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
Dear, I've seen bipolar. And it looks something like the enraged silliness you just spewed forth.

Here's another clue re: bipolar disorder... Posting comments every 2 to 5 minutes is an indication of mania.

When I come on here and have to wade through page after page of yours and Frankie's gibberish, I think to myself, "Now there's something that about 1800mg of Lithium would fix."

If you look back at my posts, RARELY to I come to anyone's aid. I figure if they're adult enough to make a post, they don't need my input.

And if someone's being an ass, that's on them. If it's particularly ridiculous, I might say something. I don't appreciate attacks on honest to God Christians. And I've stood up for Christians routinely on this and other forums.

But if you think I come here to take sides, you're wrong. You guys are like a pack of wild dogs. You, Frankie and Kim are always "high-fiving" one another, like this is a game.

I'm kind of embarrassed for you when you do it. It's VERY childish.

You want to play "he said, she said", that's fine by me. I'll just keep posting in the manner that I've posted for the past several years.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text> Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus,Jebus, Jebus, Jebus
That's highly original. Bravo, for your splendid acheivement.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk WhWhat a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerkat a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk WhWhat a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerk What a dopey jerkat a dopey jerk
What an infant you are.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Hush now, child. Why ask why? Go hug your teddy bear.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying there will not be people like you
Folks that call black folks N.....
Folks that refer to Asians as Gooks
etc
There will always be people like you, but you will never define them in the eyes of Americans
Tell me, D, how does the true American view endoplasmic reticulum, and what conclusions am I allowed to draw from your pontification?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Meltdown Man, you claim to be religious, any issue with this post? Wanna police your fellows? Ask them for some respect? I'll not hold my breath...
Did you just ask me to police my fellows and ask them to be respectful?

Seems like I just read a post by you, aimed at me that went something like "Hammer that f*cker, until it fits, never mind all the grunting and splinters...."

Why don't you start by policing yourself and maybe the rest of the room will follow your lead.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
etc
There will always be people like you, but you will never define them in the eyes of Americans
Dear God. Not another one of your "I won't stand for it!" rants, please, for the love of all that's holy...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
etc
Remember when I said that I had a lot of respect for you?
WHOOPS! Blown it...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, giggles... You don't get it. YOUR marriage doesn't live up to our standards. See, if you look at all of the time, effort, and money we've spent on getting the rights and protections that you take for granted, then you'll clearly see that you fall short of how we define marriage.
I think if YOU take a good look at your OWN inadequate marriage, maybe you'll see that the LGBT community has brought back a little bit of class and respect to the institution.
Our type of marriage is THE benchmark, fool...Emulate us, if you can...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 177,681 - 177,700 of200,323
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cathedral City Discussions

Search the Cathedral City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 6 hr AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 11 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Jul 19 Ted 1
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 17 Alice 120
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 4:10PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Cathedral City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••