Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,879)

Showing posts 177,561 - 177,580 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204907
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute song. For the seventies. But it's the 21st century Jizzy.
Who do I hate dummy?
Gays and lesbians are not a dannger to you Frank, stop all the Hate, love each other, is it that hard?
poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204908
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute song. For the seventies. But it's the 21st century Jizzy.
Who do I hate dummy?
It was true then, as it is today. Love the one you're with. Not sexualy, but for who they are. Its not hard to do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204909
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít, why do you?
I want to strengthen the nuclear family, and you do that by actually working on your relationship and your family, not by relying on laws to keep you together
You want the easy way, your wife forced to stay with you, regardless of how you treat one another, regardless of how unhappy and unhealthy it is for your children.
I want people to work on their relationships building strong families that donít rely on the crutch of law to keep them together but actually work together to build a strong family for themselves and their children.
Why do you want to weaken the nuclear family?
How does making it easy to walk away strengthen the family?

Why will people work harder to stay together if it's easier to walk away?
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204910
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a case of polyphobia.
Really? Yes, I'm afraid of greedy bigots!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204911
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

poof wrote:
<quoted text>It was true then, as it is today. Love the one you're with. Not sexualy, but for who they are. Its not hard to do.
Cool! So why don't you love me then Jizzy?

You give advice on love yet you hate Mormons and are happy that they cannot marry according to the dictates of their faith. You are a hypocrite. You would deny people marriage equality based on their religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204912
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

poof wrote:
<quoted text>Gays and lesbians are not a dannger to you Frank, stop all the Hate, love each other, is it that hard?
I don't hate gays and lesbians Jizzy. You think I do because you are stupid. I can't help you with that, as you are well aware you can't fix stupid.

You are a hater, not me. I fully support marriage equality. You do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204913
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Yes, I'm afraid of greedy bigots!
What harm would a marriage of three men cause you and why would it be "greedy"?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204914
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How does making it easy to walk away strengthen the family?
Why will people work harder to stay together if it's easier to walk away?
I have already explained that, learn to read.

The difference is one of goals

They think they strengthen families by forcing miserable people to stay together in an unhealthy marriage, relying on the crutch of law to keep them together.

I think you strengthen a family by actively working on your relationship and build a stronger happier and more healthy family without being lazy and relying on the crutch of law.

I am for fewer laws, they are for more lawsÖ. Go figure

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204915
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Yes, I'm afraid of greedy bigots!
No....you're just a bigot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204916
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
BS..Polygamy is Pure greed..and not worthy of ANY respect.
Okay Mikey....let's try this another way. Why is it acceptable for two or more women to share a baby's daddy, but not a husband?
poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204917
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! So why don't you love me then Jizzy?
You give advice on love yet you hate Mormons and are happy that they cannot marry according to the dictates of their faith. You are a hypocrite. You would deny people marriage equality based on their religion.
I don't hate Mormons, I married one, my wife has been a Mormon all her life, her family all belongs to the Mormon Church.. Why do you hate LGBT? Its clear that you don't support the strugle for equality among the LGBT community. You show that each and every day when you disrespect the marriage of the Gays and Lesbians who post here. Why Frank, why??

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204918
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to strengthen the nuclear family, and you do that by actually working on your relationship and your family, not by relying on laws to keep you together
So why bother keeping marriage legal at all then?
You want the easy way, your wife forced to stay with you, regardless of how you treat one another, regardless of how unhappy and unhealthy it is for your children.
Quite the contrary, I don't want the "easy way", nor do I want the state, the issuer of the license, to make it easier, to reduce the reasons for marital break up, to the realm of trivial. In some states a married person could be charged with the crime of adultery, but end his/her marriage without fault?
I want people to work on their relationships building strong families that donít rely on the crutch of law to keep them together but actually work together to build a strong family for themselves and their children.
As do I, so why take away state support? Why not have certain grounds for divorce? Explain why that is wrong?
Why do you want to weaken the nuclear family?
I would only if it agreed with your contention.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204919
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already explained that, learn to read.
The difference is one of goals
They think they strengthen families by forcing miserable people to stay together in an unhealthy marriage, relying on the crutch of law to keep them together.
I think you strengthen a family by actively working on your relationship and build a stronger happier and more healthy family without being lazy and relying on the crutch of law.
I am for fewer laws, they are for more lawsÖ. Go figure
I can read. You have tried but you have not convinced anyone that making it easier to divorce leads to less divorce.

Please provide evidence.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204920
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it! SSM is a reality because of the failure of men and women to treat marriage with respect, to honor our commitments.
<quoted text>
I see, perhaps we should consult Dan Savage for advice on how to be monogamish?
Or we could talk to Newt Gingrich about remaining faithful to one's wedding vows.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204921
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So why bother keeping marriage legal at all then?
<quoted text>
Quite the contrary, I don't want the "easy way", nor do I want the state, the issuer of the license, to make it easier, to reduce the reasons for marital break up, to the realm of trivial. In some states a married person could be charged with the crime of adultery, but end his/her marriage without fault?
<quoted text>
As do I, so why take away state support? Why not have certain grounds for divorce? Explain why that is wrong?
<quoted text>
I would only if it agreed with your contention.
You think that forcing someone into prison and locking them in will make them a model criticism ( a parallel )

I donít

You want to rely on the crutch of law to keep families together regardless of how miserable they are, so they rely on that law as opposed to working to improve their relationship.

I donít think that works as well as a family that is well aware that divorce is an easy option, and choose to stay together and work on their relationship for their own sakes and their childrenís.

You want the government to run families

I donít, I think families should.

It is a difference in goals, you have your eye on one goal, making divorce more difficult , while I have the goal of actually making families stronger.

I donít think reliance on the government is the way to make families stronger.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204922
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, my guess is that in the coming decades you will see more homosexual people in the military.
Just like other people, gays and lesbians want to take advantage of a career field that will offer them experience and schooling in exchange for service.
However, some of us wouldn't join the service if our lives depended on it.
You guys act as though every single gay person should want to join the military or marry simply because we now have access to those institutions.
Not every straight person rushes out and joins the military. Not every straight person rushes out and gets married.
Why would you expect that every gay person would want to do these things?
veryvermilion.

You speak as though you subscribe to unenlightened stone-age pre-60s 70s generation philosophy. The Government's changing definition of "equality" is no longer equality of opportunity as it was thought to be in olden times. Enlightened modern Governmental thought defines equality as equality of outcome. As long as there are more dog lovers serving in the military than there are of our Homosexual friends and the cute little lesbians, our friends in the Homosexual community will never be viewed as being truly equal.

Ronald

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204923
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual relationships are statistically highly unstable.
Imposing a counterfeit relationship on marriage will not change that result. Standing on your own honest identity is the only healthy way to move forward.
One of the primary reasons homosexual relationships have a poor track record is because we have not had the ability to marry one another.

Legal marriage, among other things, provides a sort of voluntary imprisonment to couples. Once they've stepped over that line, it's much more difficult for them to step back out. Only those who are certain that they wish to have a long-term relationship with someone are willing to take the vows. They don't call it the "old ball and chain" for nothing.

Do you think for one second that straight couples would be loyal and forever tied together if they DID NOT have a marriage holding their feet to the fire?

Marriage, as you SHOULD know, takes a relationship to a new and different level. It's quite a commitment to enter into a marriage. Gays who enter into a marriage know this.

Regardless of your yammering on about no-fault divorce, it's not a walk in the park to legally end your marriage; especially if you have children together. It's expensive and emotionally devastating.

Some people look at the difficulties involved with divorce and say, "Maybe we should just try to work things out."

Marriage can only help gay families grow and remain strong.
wtf

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204924
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>One of the primary reasons homosexual relationships have a poor track record is because we have not had the ability to marry one another.

Legal marriage, among other things, provides a sort of voluntary imprisonment to couples. Once they've stepped over that line, it's much more difficult for them to step back out. Only those who are certain that they wish to have a long-term relationship with someone are willing to take the vows. They don't call it the "old ball and chain" for nothing.

Do you think for one second that straight couples would be loyal and forever tied together if they DID NOT have a marriage holding their feet to the fire?

Marriage, as you SHOULD know, takes a relationship to a new and different level. It's quite a commitment to enter into a marriage. Gays who enter into a marriage know this.

Regardless of your yammering on about no-fault divorce, it's not a walk in the park to legally end your marriage; especially if you have children together. It's expensive and emotionally devastating.

Some people look at the difficulties involved with divorce and say, "Maybe we should just try to work things out."

Marriage can only help gay families grow and remain strong.
most FETISHES have a poor track record

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204925
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Bucket wrote:
It's not over complicated, the Supreme Court said the "prop8" supporters to go pound sand.
I know, right?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204926
Jul 26, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the primary reasons homosexual relationships have a poor track record is because we have not had the ability to marry one another.
Legal marriage, among other things, provides a sort of voluntary imprisonment to couples. Once they've stepped over that line, it's much more difficult for them to step back out. Only those who are certain that they wish to have a long-term relationship with someone are willing to take the vows. They don't call it the "old ball and chain" for nothing.
Do you think for one second that straight couples would be loyal and forever tied together if they DID NOT have a marriage holding their feet to the fire?
Marriage, as you SHOULD know, takes a relationship to a new and different level. It's quite a commitment to enter into a marriage. Gays who enter into a marriage know this.
Regardless of your yammering on about no-fault divorce, it's not a walk in the park to legally end your marriage; especially if you have children together. It's expensive and emotionally devastating.
Some people look at the difficulties involved with divorce and say, "Maybe we should just try to work things out."
Marriage can only help gay families grow and remain strong.
Yeah you folks have a terrible track record of keeping your marrages together when married in the state of Alabama, not one! ;)

I still maintain that no fualt divorce ( which I agree is still not a walk in the park ) makes marrages stronger.

There is less reliance on the government to keep your marriage together, there is the knowledge that you could say or do something that will end this marriage. It makes you more thoughtful, more aware that you are in a relationship because you both want to be, not because of governmental intervention.

People work on their marriages more now, they work on their relationships, they donít sit back and just rely on the crutch of law. I see it with my siblings, my children, my friends, my employees and my colleges. My wife and I have a standing rule about Fridays, Friday is date night, we donít schedule things with friends or extended families on Friday nights, unless we both agree 100% on it.

If either one of us wants to go out, we do, even if the other would rather not. At first it was a bit of a struggle occasionally, but now we really look forward to it, sometimes we donít even go out, but spend the time together doing something else.

Friday nights have become, for us, something we really look forward to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 177,561 - 177,580 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Riverside County was issued at April 24 at 1:32AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Cathedral City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cathedral City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cathedral City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••