Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Permanbulator

Monrovia, CA

#196781 Jun 19, 2013
Who done it?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#196782 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your opinion ( which counts for nothing ) that they are imposter relationships, I have more respect for their marriages than I have for your fearful little marriage.
The point is, that marriage is a legal contract, anything more than that is in the mind of those who marry. My own marriage means more to me than just the legal contract, I know others who think less of theirs. But my opinion of theirs is meaningless, just as your opinion of same sex marriages is meaningless.
That ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior is no opinion.

You may want to dumb down marriage to a 'committed relationship of two people', but other than establishing an immediate discriminatory relationship, it will still not equate to marriage. Reality won't let it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#196783 Jun 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been marching on a path towards equality and freedom since the American Revolution.
Freedom and equality is like the mythical monster, Hydra. Each time you cut off one head, two more grow back in its place.
Each time we feel that we've established freedom and equality for a particular group in this country, we see another group (or groups) of people who do not have access to certain rights that others take for granted.
You say that the benefits of marriage were not intended for gays. I say they were. They've been intended for gays since the foundation of this country.
However, it has taken over two-centuries for society to recognize this oversight. That's why you're seeing states pass laws to level the playing field for gays. That's why we're fighting in the courts to level the playing field. That's why we're educating the public about why the we need to level the playing field.
It will be level eventually. As you look around our country and at other countries, you can clearly see that the handwriting is on the wall. Equality WILL happen.
It hasn't been an easy process. Major change in ideology is never easy. There will be growing pains.
But that does not deter us from fighting for our rights.
You have freedom already.

However, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointless duplicate gendered half of marriage. An appendage on the ass of a dog you call a leg.
laughing man

UK

#196784 Jun 19, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
When did we as voters start voting on laws?
Partly to stem the actions of your activist assclowns of the 6th Circus.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#196785 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have freedom already.
However, ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointless duplicate gendered half of marriage. An appendage on the ass of a dog you call a leg.
Ohhh... Someone's getting testy.
laughing man

UK

#196788 Jun 19, 2013
very vegetative wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh... Someone's getting testy.
Did you say you're getting testes?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#196789 Jun 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried to take your definition apart, piece by piece to try to understand just what in the hell you're saying. But it makes no sense.
Please, take it apart, and show us where you are confused.

At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
A lass

Monrovia, CA

#196791 Jun 19, 2013
Another episode has been aired on Vintage TV channels.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196792 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior is no opinion.
You may want to dumb down marriage to a 'committed relationship of two people', but other than establishing an immediate discriminatory relationship, it will still not equate to marriage. Reality won't let it.
That legal marriage is a behavior in animals in moronic

That homosexuality is not a normal behavior in the animal kingdom is also provably incorrect

The only question here is one of legality do we single out a group of people and deny them equal rights. In a land where we make no prejudicial laws based on Race Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National origin

The answer is clear, and now a clear majority of Americans see that.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196794 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That legal marriage is a behavior in animals in moronic
That homosexuality is not a normal behavior in the animal kingdom is also provably incorrect
The only question here is one of legality do we single out a group of people and deny them equal rights. In a land where we make no prejudicial laws based on Race Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National origin
The answer is clear, and now a clear majority of Americans see that.
Exactly all men are created equal, and all men have the right to marry, enter into a legally recognized relationship of husband and wife. All women have the same right as well. See, equal treatment. Yaaaaay, equality and justice for all.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196795 Jun 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u unfamiliar with various state propositions that are put on the ballots at election time, like prop 22, and prop 8?
Yep, hey they where unconstitutional. No really, we don't vote on many laws. Thats what we have congress for.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196796 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is. Jizzy is a moron from Illinois butting his cheap idiotic 2 cents into California's business.
Hey you're from Broooklim. What a greeeze ball.
Sinker

Monrovia, CA

#196797 Jun 19, 2013
We just call it, sinker = zoro.
Dan Rather

Monrovia, CA

#196801 Jun 19, 2013
I'd like to mention Chuck Conner's name too.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196816 Jun 19, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you're from Broooklim. What a greeeze ball.
Zoro the Zero

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#196818 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
R.I.P. James Gandolfini Dead at 51. Great actor.
way too young, maybe if he used some of Andy's pot it would have saved him.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196821 Jun 19, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, hey they where unconstitutional. No really, we don't vote on many laws. Thats what we have congress for.
There's a difference between not voting on any laws and voting on some. The people do vote. Now only if it counted, not once but twice.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196828 Jun 19, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Just....wipe your fingers on the drapes.
But now the drapes are on fire.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196829 Jun 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been marching on a path towards equality and freedom since the American Revolution.
Freedom and equality is like the mythical monster, Hydra. Each time you cut off one head, two more grow back in its place.
Each time we feel that we've established freedom and equality for a particular group in this country, we see another group (or groups) of people who do not have access to certain rights that others take for granted.
You say that the benefits of marriage were not intended for gays. I say they were. They've been intended for gays since the foundation of this country.
However, it has taken over two-centuries for society to recognize this oversight. That's why you're seeing states pass laws to level the playing field for gays. That's why we're fighting in the courts to level the playing field. That's why we're educating the public about why the we need to level the playing field.
It will be level eventually. As you look around our country and at other countries, you can clearly see that the handwriting is on the wall. Equality WILL happen.
It hasn't been an easy process. Major change in ideology is never easy. There will be growing pains.
But that does not deter us from fighting for our rights.
Where do u get this stuff from. You've been watching reruns of "Super Big D: The Animated Series" again haven't you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#196830 Jun 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been marching on a path towards equality and freedom since the American Revolution.
Freedom and equality is like the mythical monster, Hydra. Each time you cut off one head, two more grow back in its place.
Equality doesn't mean everything is the same.
Each time we feel that we've established freedom and equality for a particular group in this country, we see another group (or groups) of people who do not have access to certain rights that others take for granted.
Even though that group ALREADY HAS the same right.
You say that the benefits of marriage were not intended for gays. I say they were. They've been intended for gays since the foundation of this country
The benefits of marriage, the union of husband and wife, benefits the husband and wife, and society as a whole. "Gays", as a political sexual identity, did not exist, at the time the republic was founded.
However, it has taken over two-centuries for society to recognize this oversight. That's why you're seeing states pass laws to level the playing field for gays. That's why we're fighting in the courts to level the playing field. That's why we're educating the public about why the we need to level the playing field.
Yet, "gays" despite all the hoopla, aren't really that keen on marriage. Not only is the percentage of SSCs that can marry, actually do, low, more female couples marry than male, female couples tend to be more monogamous than male, and lesbian couples appear to have a higher divorce rate, than gay male couples, and the general population.
It will be level eventually. As you look around our country and at other countries, you can clearly see that the handwriting is on the wall. Equality WILL happen.
Yes, the handwriting is on he wall. Marriage rates are declining.
It hasn't been an easy process. Major change in ideology is never easy. There will be growing pains.
But that does not deter us from fighting for our rights.
Uhhhhhh...huh.....fighting for a "right", or a redefinition of everyone else's right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cathedral City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... 5 hr Ronald 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Tue Big Hairy Pink Pu... 720
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Nov 25 Alex 15
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Nov 24 Jean 5
Review: Simple Cash Nov 22 NoLongerTheirClient 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Nov 21 A Ha 152
Desert Hot Springs Missing Out On Revenue Nov 20 Dale 5
Cathedral City Dating
Find my Match

Cathedral City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cathedral City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cathedral City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:42 am PST