Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#193322 May 26, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
168,835 posts later, and not one good argument against gay marriage.
Aww go suck and egg
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193323 May 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The arguments placed before the courts by proponents of same-sex marriage have never included plural marriage.
Many people who fear same-sex marriage have used that tired, old refrain--"If we allow same-sex couples to marry, where will it end?"
THEY are the ones bringing up polygamy.
The arguments in favor of same-sex marriage ARE NOT an natural leap to arguments in favor of polygamy. They have NOTHING to do with one another, other than they both discuss marriage.
Polygamists would be more likely to use heterosexual marriage rights to defend their arguments in court. This is especially true with the Defense of Marriage Act, which clearly prohibits same-sex marriage as not being recognized by the federal government.
Opposite-sex couples already have the rights and protections of marriage. Polygamists would naturally use those rights and protections that are already in existence to argue their case.
The DOMA prevents polygamy equally to preventing same sex marriage. I know you don't like it that polygamy is equal to same sex marriage but that's your problem fruitcake.

You don't have the market cornered on discrimination, quit acting as if you do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193324 May 26, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
This Rizzoto dude is a sick puppy. I suggested he go see a medical proffesional with his inner thoughts about himself.
Didn't work for you juicy fruits.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193325 May 26, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you should really take your problems to a medical proffesional like a PHD. Keeping these feelings within yourself can be dangerous. You are sicker than you know.
Didn't help you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193326 May 26, 2013
On one thing I think we can all agree. That Bruno clown is a third rate jackass!

Am I right? Anyone disagree?

Too funny!
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193327 May 26, 2013
When all else fails, and it always will, invoke the "you're in the closet" meme.

Who knows, maybe it'll stick, just like the proverbial hooker's panties when she throws them against the wall.
meme generator

Tempe, AZ

#193328 May 26, 2013
I went shopping for wallpaper last night, therefore your property values went up.
Orem

Durham, NC

#193329 May 26, 2013
laughing man wrote:
When all else fails, and it always will, invoke the "you're in the closet" meme.
Who knows, maybe it'll stick, just like the proverbial hooker's panties when she throws them against the wall.
Whoop Whoop
meme generator

Tempe, AZ

#193330 May 26, 2013
Pride parades save lives!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193331 May 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193332 May 26, 2013
"Homophobia is not a phobia. They are not scared. They are just a bunch of a**holes." -Jon Gnarr. Mayor of Reykjavic, Iceland

Please stop the erroneous assumption someone is scared of homosexuals! Thank you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#193334 May 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The arguments placed before the courts by proponents of same-sex marriage have never included plural marriage.
Many people who fear same-sex marriage have used that tired, old refrain--"If we allow same-sex couples to marry, where will it end?"
THEY are the ones bringing up polygamy.
The arguments in favor of same-sex marriage ARE NOT an natural leap to arguments in favor of polygamy. They have NOTHING to do with one another, other than they both discuss marriage.
Polygamists would be more likely to use heterosexual marriage rights to defend their arguments in court. This is especially true with the Defense of Marriage Act, which clearly prohibits same-sex marriage as not being recognized by the federal government.
Opposite-sex couples already have the rights and protections of marriage. Polygamists would naturally use those rights and protections that are already in existence to argue their case.
Polygamists were held in check by the same standard as everyone else, one man and one woman as husband and wife. Now that that standard is no more in a few states, they have an in.
Gongers

Covina, CA

#193336 May 26, 2013
Another crooked COP.

Bong the Gong and get this mess over with.

A South Lake Tahoe police officer pleaded guilty May 22, 2013 Wednesday to multiple counts of witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

A three-year, multi-agency investigation involving the FBI led to 44-year-old John Gerald Polandís arrest in January 2013 on five counts of witness tampering.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193338 May 26, 2013
Orem wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this NorCal Native and stop defending queer sexual predators.
Whoop Whoop
Calm down power trooper.
CheckedPoints

Covina, CA

#193339 May 26, 2013
Be sure to check first before you go out drinking with your racist buddies or gal friends, the entire Glendora, California and city hall staff do.

http://www.mrcheckpoint.com/
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193341 May 26, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not indicative of a healthy society and more so of an indicator that one is near complete moral decline.
You didn't get the Memo?

"Allowing gays in Boy Scouts 'will save a lot of lives,' Huntsville gay advocate says"

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/05/allowing_...

"HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The decision by the Boy Scouts of America to open its doors to gays will at once save lives while perhaps creating new opportunities for discrimination.

That paradox is the perspective of James Robinson, the executive director of the GLBT organization in Huntsville...."
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193342 May 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down power trooper.
You inspired a new name for them: Pooper Trooper!

LAFF!!!!!!!!!!
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193345 May 26, 2013
So now one of the Caligulas from the Westboro chapter comes in to babble about da Jooooos!!!!
Point Out

Covina, CA

#193347 May 26, 2013
Another crooked COP to be pointed out.

Bong the Gong and get this mess over with.

A South Lake Tahoe police officer pleaded guilty May 22, 2013 Wednesday to multiple counts of witness tampering and obstruction of an official proceeding.

A three-year, multi-agency investigation involving the FBI led to 44-year-old John Gerald Polandís arrest in January 2013 on five counts of witness tampering.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#193348 May 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
There are certain beliefs that we all have--dogmas, as you refer to them.
You believe that these dogmas are blinders--that they only allow us to see things in a specific way.
Where did I say that? I said YOU are living life behind blinders, which is quite evident with your denial of anything which doesn't support your position.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I am pretty open minded. I am openly accepting of many different kinds of people and their ideas. I am not threatened by differing views.
More examples of your denial.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
However, when your dogma includes a belief that a small, but key aspect of my character (i.e.: homosexuality) is a sin or a sign of brokenness; that it is unnatural and an abomination, then I will not entertain these beliefs as rational or scientifically based.
Umm, when have I have I ever said homosexuality is a "sin" or sign of "brokenness"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cathedral City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26

Cathedral City Jobs

Cathedral City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cathedral City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cathedral City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]