Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#173680 Jan 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals isolated from the opposite sex with raging hormones and treated strangely, just like children, turn homosexual.
Pretty much explains the only reason for homosexuality- just looking for a little sexual satisfaction. At least the animals only do it because they don't have any other choice.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#173681 Jan 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no such records that is nothing but a religious myth that there are.
There are however records being pursued about his wife and potential children that may have existed.
A new wave of "Historical Jesus" research has emerged in the wake of the discovery in 1947 in Egypt of the ancient manuscripts that are known today as the "Nag Hammadi library" and as "Gnostic Gospels", and of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947. Evidence that demands a verdict. Thallus (52AD)
Thallus is perhaps the earliest secular writer to mention Jesus and he is so ancient that his writings don’t even exist anymore. But Julius Africanus, writing around 221AD does quote Thallus who had previously tried to explain away the darkness that occurred at the point of Jesus’ crucifixion:

“On the whole world there pressed a most fearful darkness; and the rocks were rent by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his History, calls, as appears to me without reason, an eclipse of the sun.”(Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18:1)

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#173682 Jan 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

The difference is I don’t need a fairy tale answer to a question we may not yet know the answer too, I don’t need "some god did it"
Your fairy tale is life started from a puddle of crud.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#173683 Jan 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro family is code for anti gay?
Yep. When fundies use it. Nobody is "anti family".
KiMare wrote:
-What percentage of FonF is related to homosexuality? 2%.
Don't know. But the fact they have *anything* related to homosexuality backs up my statement that "pro family" is fundie code for "anti gay".
KiMare wrote:
-The organization simply relates a study distinct from it. You shoot the messenger because you have no answer for the message.
Your denial is exposed.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
LOL.
You act as if they just related a random study.
Sorry, they searched for a study they felt was anti gay (I didn't even have to read beyond the words "Focus on the Family" to know that.), and talked about it on their site.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#173684 Jan 7, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
training? you really do suffer from some malfunction don't you.
did you read those articles or not? obviously, not since they discussed the observation of the animals in the wild, in nature, as homosexuals.
hint : wild animals are not "trained" nor are they "domesticated".
failing that, go back and repeat high school or even middle school biology and other science courses. you'll understand then what a "wild animal" is & how they're observed.
I'm no idiot. It has spread to the animals.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#173685 Jan 7, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you just keep getting odder and odder. note that i didn't say funny. you truly are an odd fella.
and just how are farm animals treated strangely or are isolated? particularly since most of them are in herds!
and you're talking to someone who spent many summers on farms during my school years, working. and no, no one ever "mistreated" or "trained" an animal as you're describing. shame on you for thinking that farmers do that sort of thing. you might, but no farmer or dairman i've ever met would. how about you toss that theory to some of the breeding organizations of various farm animals across america? see how far you get with that one, chum. LOL
I never said mistreating. Different types of treatment could happen to them causing them to be homosexual.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#173686 Jan 7, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you be bad mouthing SantaJesus now, they get really upset.
My bad,no more poking jesus with a stick

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#173687 Jan 7, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not believing takes as much faith and the very same arrogance as believing.
Are you stoned or stupid?

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#173688 Jan 7, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm agnostic. Not so arrogant or stupid to declare I know if there's a God or not.
I'd say believing takes less or the same faith as not believing. You got faith boy! Me, not so much. That's another difference between smart and stupid.
ROFLMAO, fense sitter huh. Figures you cant make a commitment, just like you say you support Gay marriage. Go away dipshiet, you bore me.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#173689 Jan 7, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The resurrection factor.
Right, your'e full of shiet, got it.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Los Angeles, CA

#173690 Jan 7, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>A new wave of "Historical Jesus" research has emerged ....
Yup. A Jesus for every (and any) schism.....

Thank god I don't believe in that crap!

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#173691 Jan 7, 2013
Jane DoDo wrote:
You can say THAT again. Embrace irrationality with both hands, Brian.
That's right:

When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing - they believe in anything.- GK Chesterton

Irrationality is part of human nature. At least religious people understand their beliefs are based on faith. That's not true for radical secularists who attribute their beliefs on 'logic', science or enlightenment.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#173692 Jan 7, 2013

The yellow cat in the video(Whose name is ratchet) is very cute and ought to be supported by us all. Only a fool wouldn't. Who doesn't find ratchet cute and appreciate who he is as a being is both a fool, is incapable of any love, and even hates themselves.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#173693 Jan 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, fense sitter huh. Figures you cant make a commitment, just like you say you support Gay marriage. Go away dipshiet, you bore me.
I cannot prove the unprovable and neither can you, you arrogant fool.

How about you go away, and come back when you can prove there is no God, jackass. We won't wait.
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

#173694 Jan 7, 2013
Don't Pooh-Pooh the Left's Push to Normalize Pedophilia.
There is an effort underway to normalize pedophilia. Yep. And it has two aspects to it. One is that sex with children doesn't hurt them. Kids like it, and so do adults, and there's nothing wrong with it. It is something... I want to take you back. I want you to remember the first time, wherever you were, that you heard about gay marriage, and I want you to try to recall your reaction -- your first gut reaction -- when you heard that some activists or somebody was trying to promote the notion of gay marriage. What was your initial reaction?
"Aw, come on. It'll never happen. That's silly. What are you talking about?"

There is a movement on to normalize pedophilia, and I guarantee you your reaction to that is probably much the same as your reaction when you first heard about gay marriage. What has happened to gay marriage? It's become normal -- and in fact, with certain people in certain demographics it's the most important issue in terms of who they vote for. So don't pooh-pooh. There's a movement to normalize pedophilia. Don't pooh-pooh it. The people behind it are serious, and you know the left as well as I do. They glom onto something and they don't let go.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/01/07/...

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173695 Jan 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you stoned or stupid?
Neither.

Are you ever going to tell us the one about the man marrying a tree or should we just stop waiting for it?

I'd really like to hear the punchline of that one.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#173696 Jan 7, 2013
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. A Jesus for every (and any) schism.....
Thank god I don't believe in that crap!
"Thank God I don't believe in God"

Priceless.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#173697 Jan 7, 2013
My gut reaction was that it could happen, and might actually be possible. I was actually quite disturbed. These homosexuals are very dangerous.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173698 Jan 7, 2013
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot prove the unprovable and neither can you, you arrogant fool.
How about you go away, and come back when you can prove there is no God, jackass. We won't wait.
There is no way to prove any fantasy character does not exist

any of the Gods, Peter Pan, Santa, the Tooth Fairy.

That is why in science you only prove what does exist, you don’t assume that some fantasy thing is true first. You start with positive evidence and move from there.

There is no evidence for any of the Gods that man has believed in.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#173699 Jan 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's right:
When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing - they believe in anything.- GK Chesterton
Irrationality is part of human nature. At least religious people understand their beliefs are based on faith. That's not true for radical secularists who attribute their beliefs on 'logic', science or enlightenment.
Not at all true, there are a lot of things that I just merely believe, but I don’t put my puny beliefs in front of actual knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cathedral City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teens protest legislation (Mar '06) 24 min Indo frank 213
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Sat Gustavo 46
News Serial burglar arrested in DHS Sep 8 pokemon99 1
News Calif. DA's Investigator, 5 Family Members Foun... (Apr '08) Sep 7 Sorry 22
News Anthony "Clumsy" Paez Caught During Standoff (Jun '08) Sep 6 Dose palmas 14
School Sep 1 Jake miller123 2
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Aug '16 Creeps 20

Cathedral City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cathedral City Mortgages