Recreating Tweetsie Railroad in models

There are 3 comments on the WCYB story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Recreating Tweetsie Railroad in models. In it, WCYB reports that:

If you hear Tweetsie Railroad, you might think of the popular tourist attraction just outside of Boone, North Carolina; but Tweetsie was an actual railroad line.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCYB.

Joseph

Sparta, NC

#1 Feb 8, 2013
This train also came to Boone but its actual name was East Tennessee @ Western North Carolina railroad (ET@WNC). If you want to read about the history of the Tweetise railraod and where it went get the book Tweetsie Country by Mallory hope Ferrell ISBN # 0-87108-082-6
Shrew Bat

Marion, VA

#2 Feb 9, 2013
Just curious, are you doing this project? If so, what scale?
(I don't get into model railroads per say but use a lot of wargaming miniatures and I've used some of the railroad stuff for modern, retro-modern skirmishes)
Joseph

Sparta, NC

#3 Feb 9, 2013
No I am not part of the project

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catawba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Ray Duke arrested for incest... (Aug '12) May 20 MikeA 8
Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Massacre-30 Years Ago (Jul '09) May 18 Jessie counter 108
Rebate from JCPenney (Mar '09) May 14 bmk 32
nathan hall!!!! May 14 Anonymous 2
How do you feel about the abuse at Broughton Ho... (Jul '13) May 5 maiden 167
News Man airlifted after head-on collision (Sep '12) Apr '15 Irving 2
men like curves? (Apr '14) Mar '15 Funtime 4
More from around the web

Catawba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]