Lehigh County police: Lehigh County p...

Lehigh County police: Lehigh County police grants

There are 10 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Lehigh County police: Lehigh County police grants. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Six local communities including Allentown have been awarded county grants to hire 10 new police officers who will patrol high crime areas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

snowman allentown PA

Nazareth, PA

#1 Feb 11, 2009
fat eddie jr, giving money away that is not his to give. I applaud the extra police, but he could put sheriffs out NOW and legally, too. He has started his run for gov. What a crook, spending OUR money to do it.
Why

Center Valley, PA

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Why doesn't Northampton County do this? All of the crime in Easton...and surrounding areas, yet no outside assistance. This is incredible, now get it moving in Northampton County too. Lehigh County is so much farther ahead of Northampton County it is pathetic. Somone needs to wake up and do their job.
zoo mania

United States

#3 Feb 11, 2009
i only counted 6 muncipalities what happened to the other 4x
Not true

Allentown, PA

#4 Feb 11, 2009
These grants only pay for 1/2 of the officers' salaries. How are these municipalities supposed to come up with the other half? Looks good on the surface, but there's a poison pill underneath. Classic Cunningham.
HUH

Emmaus, PA

#5 Feb 11, 2009
the cities probably got more than 1 per.
the high crime areas of Macungie? lol
Law

Easton, PA

#6 Feb 11, 2009
We have a choice to not participate.
This is a bad program and costly to the people of the valley.
G W B

Allentown, PA

#7 Feb 11, 2009
God Bless Don Cunningham. He is a great local leader.
snowman allentown PA

Nazareth, PA

#8 Feb 11, 2009
And the police for Bethlehem, will the cop be allowed east of the Monacacy which is Northampton County? Will we in Lehigh County be reimbursed for the cop's time out of the lehigh county? Actually, he would have to go to Northampton county at least twice each working day to clock in or out. Mr money bags, that money is not yours. It belongs to the PEOPLE OF LEHIGH COUNTY.
comment

Seoul, Korea

#9 Feb 11, 2009
1 million will only last 1 year for salary, benefits and training. Then what?

I would rather they hired 20 part-time deputies and patroled the area around county property from 7th and Walnut to 4th & Linden.

Maybe the would have caught the shooting at 4th & Linden and the 300lb black man that APD seems to have missed with their crackerjack crew.
RIR

Zionhill, PA

#10 Feb 11, 2009
This is ... well just a stupid waste of taxpayers' money.

I mean are you kidding me? Now the county is going to start paying for local police enforcement.

Stupid. I want my damn money back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,478,769
News Former WWE wrestler Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka dead... 49 min silly rabbit 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sun cpeter1313 313,187
"Shared" Driveway Rights? Sat PA Res 1
News Nitschmann parents shocked by principal's arrest (Feb '07) Sat silly rabbit 2
News Allentown Officers Hurt During Struggle With Su... (Feb '08) Sat silly rabbit 47
News Developers at KDG Help Medical Solutions Compan... Sat silly rabbit 2

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages