Police: two men arrested on drug char...

Police: two men arrested on drug charges; one fired shots

There are 12 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 27, 2009, titled Police: two men arrested on drug charges; one fired shots. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Police have arrested two men on drug charges and said that this morning, one of them fired shots in the air from a stolen handgun along E. 4th Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Nichibei

Yokosuka, Japan

#2 Mar 27, 2009
Drugs in Allentown? It hits the news so often it becomes monotonous. In February my wife and I had to go to the area or Immaculate Conception church. At two-thirty on a very cold day we drove through Gordon and Ridge Avenue. Just before Ridge Ave. on the left side of Gordon there were two afro-americans standing outside a row home. One on each side of the door and looking like body guards. They looked so cold and the door to the house was wide open. At 15:15 driving past again there were seven or eight afro-americans standing outside and loitering. Were they drug dealers? I don't know but I do know that seeing seven unsavory-looking guys standing around on a sidewalk on a very cold weekday gives reason for caution. Seems like this area could be a sightseeing attraction for bus tours of Allentown crime scenes.
So Sad

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

#3 Mar 27, 2009
Nichibei wrote:
Drugs in Allentown? It hits the news so often it becomes monotonous. In February my wife and I had to go to the area or Immaculate Conception church. At two-thirty on a very cold day we drove through Gordon and Ridge Avenue. Just before Ridge Ave. on the left side of Gordon there were two afro-americans standing outside a row home. One on each side of the door and looking like body guards. They looked so cold and the door to the house was wide open. At 15:15 driving past again there were seven or eight afro-americans standing outside and loitering. Were they drug dealers? I don't know but I do know that seeing seven unsavory-looking guys standing around on a sidewalk on a very cold weekday gives reason for caution. Seems like this area could be a sightseeing attraction for bus tours of Allentown crime scenes.
How much reason for caution would you have had if these "guys" were white??
Truth

Glenolden, PA

#4 Mar 27, 2009
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
None.

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Mar 27, 2009
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>

None
Bushwacker

AOL

#7 Mar 27, 2009
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
None
comment

Allentown, PA

#9 Mar 27, 2009
I thought 4th Street in Allentown ran north and south, not east and west.
NFL

Allentown, PA

#10 Mar 27, 2009
comment wrote:
I thought 4th Street in Allentown ran north and south, not east and west.
You're right. This is the 4th St in Bethlehem.

Maybe that'll teach the garbage from out of town to stay where they live and concentrate on ruining their own neighborhoods. Doubt it though. Ain't too bright.
cantctoogud

AOL

#11 Mar 27, 2009
why cant the MC tell us what city they are in
ANIMALS

United States

#12 Mar 27, 2009
LIKE A BUNCH OF WILD ANIMALS.

hh
cop

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Mar 27, 2009
NFL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. This is the 4th St in Bethlehem.
Maybe that'll teach the garbage from out of town to stay where they live and concentrate on ruining their own neighborhoods. Doubt it though. Ain't too bright.
This was in Bethlehem, not Allentown
Harry Knobbs

Allentown, PA

#15 Mar 27, 2009
cantctoogud wrote:
why cant the MC tell us what city they are in
Exactly. I'm assuming this was in Bethlehem, since they said East 4th Street...unless it's a typo and they meant North or South 4th Street.
Bryan 3620

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Mar 27, 2009
"PEE ON DA POPO! IZ HAZ A ACCSEZ CARD AND IZ ON DA WELFARE CUZ IZ DONT HAVE THE OPPERTOOONITY! I FAILED AT SKOOL CUZ IZ DONT HAVE DA FATHER, HE BE IN DA PRIZON....YO!...IZ SHOOT MY STOOOOLEN GAT CUZ IZ WANT RE....RE....UH...RESPECT!...OB AMA WILL SAVE ME!...STUPID COPS!...IZ IZ IN DA GANG...DAY MY BROS...DONT DIS...UH...DIS...RESPECT! "

Sorry, I just wanted to be a loser for a minute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Susanm 1,421,474
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr zef 311,633
News Muhlenberg withdraws honorary degree to Cosby (Oct '15) 4 hr silly rabbit 11
News Allentown diverts sewer cash for non-sewer proj... (Jun '07) 4 hr silly rabbit 19
police trying to hide there crime (May '07) 7 hr silly rabbit 3
News 4 City Men Charged With Drug Distribution (Jun '07) 14 hr silly rabbit 2
News Rite Aid opens in Allentown Tue silly rabbit 1

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages