Local mayors discuss fiscal cliff

Dec 11, 2012 Full story: WFMZ 21

Some of Pennsylvania's mayors are coming together to call on lawmakers to reach a deal to head off the fiscal cliff.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
silly rabbit

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Dec 12, 2012
This one is an oxymoron from the king of allentown, come in and help me with my financial blunders yet let the rest of allentown suffer the blight and deterioration of his crews direct actions¿ Mismanagement and the use of public revenues for private personal pension cost¿ MMO PPPC
s claus

Allentown, PA

#2 Dec 12, 2012
g'ment is going to be bankrupt either way
silly rabbit

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Dec 12, 2012
s claus wrote:
g'ment is going to be bankrupt either way
For a christmas gift to allentowns childrens children, king palumpa and crew should jump head first from the hamilton st. side of the Big Brown Hole¿ The frugalness of this act of local politics should be consdered crimes against humanity and punishment be delt by the feds and imprisonment should in an old jail style¿

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 12, 2012
The Pud is headed for his own fiscal cliff. The chief clown of clown town.
silly rabbit

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Just keep spending money that ain't there, using other revenues to keep the carnival stick lookin like things are moving¿
A-town Observer

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Dec 13, 2012
More and more buildings being demolished making room for City Centre. The new Allentown image being created by a single mayor that has done more then any other put together. Keep up the great work Ed. We can't wait for the building to start very soon. Good luck in Harrisburg as Governor after your re-election here in your city.
silly rabbit

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Dec 14, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
More and more buildings being demolished making room for City Centre. The new Allentown image being created by a single mayor that has done more then any other put together. Keep up the great work Ed. We can't wait for the building to start very soon. Good luck in Harrisburg as Governor after your re-election here in your city.
AO, do you wear a tutu and what colors is allentowns under the kings rule¿ The hokey team is already hitting people credit cards for payments 18 months before the puke drops. This is like theft of services rendered, the king has always put the cart before the horse¿
get out

Northampton, PA

#8 Dec 14, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
Yup, the plan is all falling into place. As the city turns into a bigger shiiithole, the more businesses will have to be brought in to pay for services.
I'd still like to see an example of a place where that plan worked and the city's residents ended up better off.
A-town Observer

Easton, PA

#9 Dec 14, 2012
get out wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, the plan is all falling into place. As the city turns into a bigger shiiithole, the more businesses will have to be brought in to pay for services.
I'd still like to see an example of a place where that plan worked and the city's residents ended up better off.
I will give you an in-state example: Pittsburgh (Three Rivers Stadium). There you go. And it's not turning into a bigger s__hole. You might hope it will, but it sure as hell won't because we have the best person in charge; our next governor, Mr. Ed Pawlowski. Why don't you Google what other cities benefited from arenas, business, and downtown revitalization. Allentown is on it's way up and it is obvious. But we will always have the name callers and envious people from surrounding areas.
silly rabbit

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Dec 14, 2012
AO AO, why don't you google palumpashitsky and his court jesters¿

Wikipedia has a picture of an ass to replicate the Big Brown Hole Downtown¿ Butz took the money and done, next they will be tearing down to 8th st and the Brown Hole will just be some more mud in the kings face
get out

Northampton, PA

#11 Dec 15, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you an in-state example: Pittsburgh (Three Rivers Stadium). There you go. And it's not turning into a bigger s__hole. You might hope it will, but it sure as hell won't because we have the best person in charge; our next governor, Mr. Ed Pawlowski. Why don't you Google what other cities benefited from arenas, business, and downtown revitalization. Allentown is on it's way up and it is obvious. But we will always have the name callers and envious people from surrounding areas.
Are you kidding me ? LMAO !!! I'm having a hard time deciding what part of your asinine post is the most funny. Comparing a baseball field that was built in an area that already had baseball, to trying to start something new and have it work, or that you actually think there's a reason on this earth why anyone in the burbs would be jealous of Allentown. LMAO !! I can enjoy your restaurants and other facilities and let morons like you live in the shiiithole. I wouldn't make fun of people in surrounding areas if I were you either. Those people are the ones that will frequent those places and make sure Allentown can meet their cash need since the city itself is full of people below the poverty line. It won't be your neighbors buying hockey tickets or eating at the fancy new place on 6th st.
What proof do you have other than your word that Pittsburgh was better for it anyway ? And I thought YOU wanted to compare similar sized cities ?
I asked you to prove yourself. I'm not going to Google anything, because I'm not the one making idiotic claims.
Morons

Reading, PA

#12 Dec 15, 2012
get out wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me ? LMAO !!! I'm having a hard time deciding what part of your asinine post is the most funny. Comparing a baseball field that was built in an area that already had baseball, to trying to start something new and have it work, or that you actually think there's a reason on this earth why anyone in the burbs would be jealous of Allentown. LMAO !! I can enjoy your restaurants and other facilities and let morons like you live in the shiiithole. I wouldn't make fun of people in surrounding areas if I were you either. Those people are the ones that will frequent those places and make sure Allentown can meet their cash need since the city itself is full of people below the poverty line. It won't be your neighbors buying hockey tickets or eating at the fancy new place on 6th st.
What proof do you have other than your word that Pittsburgh was better for it anyway ? And I thought YOU wanted to compare similar sized cities ?
I asked you to prove yourself. I'm not going to Google anything, because I'm not the one making idiotic claims.
"I'm not the one making idiotic claims."

Hilarious, your posts are always full of idiotic claims that have no justification. Way to go hypocrite!
Morons

Reading, PA

#13 Dec 15, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't going to google anything because he's just here to bust your rump. He doesn't even live in the city yet degrades it with every post. It's comical to think that he sits there and smiles while he posts, probably laughs. Ignorance does strange things to people.
A-town Observer

Easton, PA

#14 Dec 15, 2012
get out wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Your the one making idiotic claims saying this city is turning into a bigger sh__hole." How is that when blight is being turned into newly constructed businesses that will generate tax revenue for our citizens.? Revitalization has to start with something and this particular one in Allentown is starting off with a BANG. Hate it all you want. Mr. Pawlowski has single-handedly turned this now great city into one with little hope, into one with a huge chance of overall success in every aspect of daily living and how it governs itself. That is the point you conveniently disregard in every Allentown bashing post you type. Things are falling into place in multiple scenarios just in time for the puck to drop and for this genius to be re-elected. Oh yeah, your also wrong that my neighbors and fellow "Allentownians" wont be buying tickets to see the Phantoms. Everyone I know can't wait to go and think it will be packed.
Allentown, Pa
City Without Limits
silly rabbit

West Chester, PA

#15 Dec 15, 2012
There was a group called, Supertramp and they had a hit called Dreamer¿ AO AO wake up your dreamin so am I, we are both in the same dream to me it is a fu$$in nightmare¿ You although are having a hilucination with dreams of grandure like your king paluma being the next govenor not¿

One you cannot be an elected official from jail¿
get out

Northampton, PA

#16 Dec 17, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Your the one making idiotic claims saying this city is turning into a bigger sh__hole." How is that when blight is being turned into newly constructed businesses that will generate tax revenue for our citizens.? Revitalization has to start with something and this particular one in Allentown is starting off with a BANG. Hate it all you want. Mr. Pawlowski has single-handedly turned this now great city into one with little hope, into one with a huge chance of overall success in every aspect of daily living and how it governs itself. That is the point you conveniently disregard in every Allentown bashing post you type. Things are falling into place in multiple scenarios just in time for the puck to drop and for this genius to be re-elected. Oh yeah, your also wrong that my neighbors and fellow "Allentownians" wont be buying tickets to see the Phantoms. Everyone I know can't wait to go and think it will be packed.
Allentown, Pa
City Without Limits
I see you still have a big mouth, but the one thing that never comes out of it is any kind of proof that anything being done will make the quality of life better in the shiiithole. Replacing one commercial property for another isn't the same thing. There's still NOTHING being done that will help with all the blighted residential properties. I've given examples of exact situations that didn't work and the only example you came up with was building a new ballpark for a team that already existed in a city that's not "of comparable size" like you always spout off about.
Come on Ward Rat, just admit it's all a pipe dream. You've got nothing that guarantees it's success and I've given you two examples of the same thing failing.
Think about all that the next time your neighborhood is locked down like it was this past summer. Again, something that's never happened where I live now.
get out

Northampton, PA

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Morons wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't going to google anything because he's just here to bust your rump. He doesn't even live in the city yet degrades it with every post. It's comical to think that he sits there and smiles while he posts, probably laughs. Ignorance does strange things to people.
Look up, "burden of proof".
I don't waste my time googling things other people claim. Not my job. You say it, you prove it.

"He doesn't even live in the city yet degrades it with every post"

I lived there for more years than you've most likely been alive. And what's your affiliation with Allentown again ?
get out

Northampton, PA

#18 Dec 17, 2012
A-town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Allentown, Pa
City Without Limits
I will give you a little credit for realizing that the troll above you isn't someone you want to look like your ally.
Truth

Harrisburg, PA

#19 Dec 17, 2012
I'd never step foot in that arena. They might as well have built it in the middle of hell.
if it smells like a turd

Marcus Hook, PA

#20 Dec 17, 2012
Allentown will always be the the garbage pit of the lehigh valley.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min YTubeNews 307,740
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min RealDave 1,171,972
Pa. takes on slumlord hide-and-seek 45 min silly rabbit 10
Allentown Skyline Grows With 15-Story Office Co... 20 hr silly rabbit 5
A-Treat flying off shelves after news of compan... 20 hr silly rabbit 1
Famous People from the Lehigh Valley (Jul '08) Sat Trebor yebmir 42
Defendants in large-scale cocaine, meth ring ap... Fri silly rabbit 1

Winter Storm Watch for Lehigh County was issued at January 25 at 10:10AM EST

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating