Since: May 11

Location hidden

#47489 Feb 24, 2013
A new Franklin & Marshall College survey shows Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett has the lowest approval ratings since he took office in January 2011.

Just about a quarter of the registered voters surveyed say Corbett's doing a good job -- the lowest score of his tenure, or of any sitting governor in the history of the Franklin & Marshall College Poll.

Respondents are even less supportive of the administration's move to privatize operations of the Pennsylvania Lottery through a deal with a private British firm.

Eighty-four percent say the move should require legislative approval.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local//har...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47491 Feb 24, 2013
Punk215 wrote:
I'm sorry I don't care for any of the two. But if you can not see the current man in charge is a heartless crook who is bleeding the poor to feed the rich, well I guess your as heartless as him. he wants to privatize the lottery, to those he pals with. He wants to privatize the wine and spirits, also to firms he pals with, and that all ok with you in PA???????. Because he seems to have no problem cutting all resources that benefit the poor in PA, but when he did the budget and cut all these programs, he had no problem leaving the funding in place, for yet again the ones he has personal ties with and the programs that pays out to them, but wow, why?????. But your all blind. Just look at the story of his son in law. yes a dirty cop, who's father-in-law a govner. He was framed in the name of politics,lol. it is how it will play out. The dirty cop will get off,, lose his job on the force with full pension in tact, then become security for the governor, and the story will never reach the headlines. One blur ever will hit the papers and thats all you read, wow, wow, you are all idiots, sorry.
Get a clue. Pennsylvania is one of only two states with state liquor stores, and the other one is run by the LDS Church. Pennsylvania is run by Bible thumpers, state unions, and the beer distributor lobby.

As a reward for the state monopoly, Pennsylvanians get some of the highest liquor prices in the country, lousy selection, lousy store hours, indifferent clerks, and the privilege of visiting three different stores if they want a beer before dinner and a glass of wine with their steak.

What's not to like about that?
clueless Galt in Calif

Chambersburg, PA

#47493 Feb 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a clue. Pennsylvania is one of only two states with state liquor stores, and the other one is run by the LDS Church. Pennsylvania is run by Bible thumpers, state unions, and the beer distributor lobby.
As a reward for the state monopoly, Pennsylvanians get some of the highest liquor prices in the country, lousy selection, lousy store hours, indifferent clerks, and the privilege of visiting three different stores if they want a beer before dinner and a glass of wine with their steak.
From the mouth of someone that lives in California.....on the other side of the country!

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#47494 Feb 24, 2013
More Ron wrote:
A new Franklin & Marshall College survey shows Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett has the lowest approval ratings since he took office in January 2011.
Just about a quarter of the registered voters surveyed say Corbett's doing a good job -- the lowest score of his tenure, or of any sitting governor in the history of the Franklin & Marshall College Poll.
Respondents are even less supportive of the administration's move to privatize operations of the Pennsylvania Lottery through a deal with a private British firm.
Eighty-four percent say the move should require legislative approval.
http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/local//har...
You need to check for updates. All old news.
Stewie

Baltimore, MD

#47495 Feb 24, 2013
Oh yes but Mr Galt is an expert in everything...you see he relies on the big three News outlets: Fox, Beck and Limbaugh for his information.

He's informed alright....

The people over at the Heritage "stink tank" under the leadership and guidance of the honorable Jimmy DeMint generating new baloney about the republican sequester belonging to Obama.

Fortunately most of us "normies" who have rejected all of that baloney at the last presidential election but they're insisting that this over-used worn out horse sht strategy of blaming Obama for everything that they've already ruined will work again...

Oh well but....
They needed Jimmy DeMint to come up with this....pheeewiee

I'm not sure if they're getting their moneys worth down there...
But then again what's money to them...don't they use it to wipe their filthy rich ass.es with, anyway?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47496 Feb 24, 2013
clueless Galt in Calif wrote:
<quoted text>From the mouth of someone that lives in California.....on the other side of the country!
Maybe, maybe not.

But I can go to any supermarket in California, as well as Sam's Club, Costco, Total Wine, and Bevmo and get a much better deal than I can back in Pennsylvania.

Plus, I can buy a six-pack, or even individual cans or bottles of beer.

And the stores are clean, not rat-infested garages like most beer dealerships.

And, as a bonus, the clerks are intelligent and friendly.
clueless Galt in Calif

Chambersburg, PA

#47497 Feb 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not.
But I can go to any supermarket in California, as well as Sam's Club, Costco, Total Wine, and Bevmo and get a much better deal than I can back in Pennsylvania.
Plus, I can buy a six-pack, or even individual cans or bottles of beer.
And the stores are clean, not rat-infested garages like most beer dealerships.
And, as a bonus, the clerks are intelligent and friendly.
Okay that's fair. Then why come to Pa?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47498 Feb 24, 2013
clueless Galt in Calif wrote:
<quoted text>Okay that's fair. Then why come to Pa?
Some folks are not tied down in their parents' basement or a nursing home, like the typical Topix poster.

Pennsylvania needs to end Prohibition and enter the 21st century with respect to its liquor laws. The consumers are getting screwed by the liquor store clerks union and the beer distributor lobby.
Carnival Cruise Lines

West Mifflin, PA

#47499 Feb 24, 2013
Children won't be vaccinated, airport security lines will grow, federal workers and government contractors will lose their jobs, drug addicts won't get treatment, schools will lose funding, civilian military personnel will have their hours and wages cut, and the state will be more susceptible to pollution and infectious disease.

"We're not asking for a my-way-or-the-highway approach. We can get rid of this whole thing ??? by getting rid of loopholes," said Dan Pfeiffer, a senior White House adviser. "Republicans are making a policy choice that these cuts are better for the economy than closing loopholes for the wealthy."

Why do the Republicans hate America?
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#47500 Feb 24, 2013
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> You need to check for updates. All old news.
Feb 7 2013 is old news? you sure are a dumbbitch.
u tell me

Johnstown, PA

#47501 Feb 24, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
again the pot calls the kettle black.

Since: Feb 13

Philadelphia, PA

#47504 Feb 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I have more then a clue, I have eye's and ears,and they do not always go by what they see and hear,but work in away that my brain then computes into fact. So what is the harm with allowing a state to have state run Liquor stores? I mean if the die hard alcholichs are paying taxes threw there addiction, i have no problem with that. I have no clue why you bring in the LDs church to this, don't get me started on how bible thumper's are the cancer to this country. God and Jesus have killed more people then any gun will ever do, more then any drug will.......... don't get me started. My main problem with the the whole privatizing the wine and spirits is that he is doing it as a favor for his pals, and not to benefit a single citizen of the state of PA, and it a shame that this crock pot ever landed a job in office. So what you rather be able to walk into a acme and buy some wine and vodka, and etc at $2 less a bottle knmownoimg that in return a dirty heartless man made millions in the process while the state losses millions in revenue? I'd take the lousy so called same day every day store hours, the state paid employees,and a two trip run if I need to gran beer and liqour in the same run. You privatize and change the pa liqour laws you will then put so many mom and pop shops out in the dark all in the name of allowing a corporation sell there goods at a lower price. Once it happens, and I'm sure it will happen, all those deli's will go out of business ebcause people will not come into buy beer anymore. all the beer distributors will become obsolete for the fact the major brewery's will then own the market and only sell goods at a fair price to the super markets and Incs will the little man will be left to over pay and be under sold. And in the end Mr Corbet makes Millions while in office for helping his pals out, laves office and has no qualms because he not the one suffering. I mean coming from philadelphia, i got to see my part of philly go to shit all in the name of dirty mayor street who turned all of the northeast into section 8, then in return build a monoply on once ghettos to the new place to be. his last day in office gives a $100 million catering contract for the city to his wifes catering company, and nothing is done about it all. it all a shame, regardless what side you are on, those in office don't work for us, they work for there greedy own needs, and well if you take action by yourself, you get left behind, oh trust me, you get fucked big time. My point Corbet is a scum bag and is blantely cutting all for the poor, and th3en replacing those funds to feed his pals. He cut welfare and when he did say it not my problem people are in need, the state of PA is in more need then these who are low lifes as he put it.
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#47506 Feb 25, 2013
u tell me wrote:
<quoted text>again the pot calls the kettle black.
so now you bring race into this discussion, I'm not black you racist pig.

Seattle, WA

#47507 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
My first name is Dave and you call me a dumb bitch? Your opinion is meaningless when you can't even tell the difference between the sexes.Unless you're one of those with both sexes. If that's the case then you can go F-yourself. lol
LMFAO

West Mifflin, PA

#47508 Feb 25, 2013
Punk215 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have more then a clue, I have eye's and ears,and they do not always go by what they see and hear,but work in away that my brain then computes into fact. So what is the harm with allowing a state to have state run Liquor stores? I mean if the die hard alcholichs are paying taxes threw there addiction, i have no problem with that. I have no clue why you bring in the LDs church to this, don't get me started on how bible thumper's are the cancer to this country. God and Jesus have killed more people then any gun will ever do, more then any drug will.......... don't get me started. My main problem with the the whole privatizing the wine and spirits is that he is doing it as a favor for his pals, and not to benefit a single citizen of the state of PA, and it a shame that this crock pot ever landed a job in office. So what you rather be able to walk into a acme and buy some wine and vodka, and etc at $2 less a bottle knmownoimg that in return a dirty heartless man made millions in the process while the state losses millions in revenue? I'd take the lousy so called same day every day store hours, the state paid employees,and a two trip run if I need to gran beer and liqour in the same run. You privatize and change the pa liqour laws you will then put so many mom and pop shops out in the dark all in the name of allowing a corporation sell there goods at a lower price. Once it happens, and I'm sure it will happen, all those deli's will go out of business ebcause people will not come into buy beer anymore. all the beer distributors will become obsolete for the fact the major brewery's will then own the market and only sell goods at a fair price to the super markets and Incs will the little man will be left to over pay and be under sold. And in the end Mr Corbet makes Millions while in office for helping his pals out, laves office and has no qualms because he not the one suffering. I mean coming from philadelphia, i got to see my part of philly go to shit all in the name of dirty mayor street who turned all of the northeast into section 8, then in return build a monoply on once ghettos to the new place to be. his last day in office gives a $100 million catering contract for the city to his wifes catering company, and nothing is done about it all. it all a shame, regardless what side you are on, those in office don't work for us, they work for there greedy own needs, and well if you take action by yourself, you get left behind, oh trust me, you get fucked big time. My point Corbet is a scum bag and is blantely cutting all for the poor, and th3en replacing those funds to feed his pals. He cut welfare and when he did say it not my problem people are in need, the state of PA is in more need then these who are low lifes as he put it.
youre a douche bag son
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#47509 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text> My first name is Dave and you call me a dumb bitch? Your opinion is meaningless when you can't even tell the difference between the sexes.Unless you're one of those with both sexes. If that's the case then you can go F-yourself. lol
you're my bitch regardless of your gender.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#47510 Feb 25, 2013
Mr. Rogers has finally found someone on his level to debate with, proof positive there is someone out there for everyone.
Micah

Pittsburgh, PA

#47511 Feb 25, 2013
What a great hockey game last night.......GO PENS..

Seattle, WA

#47512 Feb 25, 2013
I'd like to see this meat-cleaver. It attacked someone? Perhaps meat cleavers ought to be banned? After all, I know of no Constitutional protection for owning a meat cleaver.

Firefighters stop meat-cleaver attack in New York street

NEW YORK, FEB.25,2013 ------ Firefighters subdued a man they witnessed attacking a woman with a meat cleaver on the street Sunday, police said.

Members of the FDNY company known as the Chinatown Dragon Fighters saw the man attacking the woman across the street from their station house on Canal Street and intervene, according to police.

"I heard a commotion in the street and I look over, its a man dragging this woman, grabbing her by the arm, dragging her, she's crying and she's screaming," said firefighter Jose Ortiz.

Ortiz rushed over to help the woman, when suddenly he saw the man pull out the meat cleaver.

"I see the cleaver go up and he swings down and he hit her in the head," Ortiz said. "Now I'm thinking I gotta grab this guy."

But before Ortiz could get to him, the man was able to strike the woman with the meat cleaver several times.

Shane Clarke, another firefighter, came to Ortiz's aid and together they were able to stop the attack and subdue the man.

The woman was taken to Bellevue Hospital with cuts to her neck, back and face. Police said her injuries were not considered life threatening.

The man was taken into police custody.

"I'm happy that we were there to help," Ortiz said. "I'm sorry we weren't there early enough to just stop the whole thing all together."
See video; http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/25/17...

Seattle, WA

#47513 Feb 25, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
you're my bitch regardless of your gender.
You say I'm your bitch? Is it that hard for you to find a good looking woman? Try looking outside the democratic party. All liberal women are ugly, and that's a proven fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min DBWriter 1,109,054
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min J RULES 69,354
PPL Center's opening night 10 years in the making 10 hr silly rabbit 5
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 10 hr Fast Eddie 3,992
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Pearl Jam 305,554
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 12 hr Jeremy 183
Assets of exchange program frozen -- Judges, Le... (Apr '08) Sun Roy 110
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Catasauqua People Search